Hello, I'd like to register a complaint

1. stratisk
    Donut Feb 23, 2020

stratisk , Feb 23, 2020 :
    Ever since I bought my OnePlus 7t back in November 2019, I've been having issues with random shutdowns after charging it.

I've contacted OnePlus support numerous times and after about 1 month of emails, they refferred me to L2 support to do a remote session. It's been 2 months now I've been exchanging emails with L2 support.

They always ask me to provide a time suitable to do a remote session and when I give it to them (and I give a bunch of dates to be sure we'lll find something that works), they NEVER get back to me in time, usually it takes them about 10days to respond something like, "oh, we're sorry we couldn't make it , please provide us another time that works for you".

I am so frustrated it with this I decided to copy-paste my whole email correspondence below, to show everyone how INCOMPETENT OnePlus Support is, at least in South East Europe (and I'm not talking about individual people, who could be doing their best as far as I know, I'm talking about the whole support organization). This is beyond ridiculous and I'm really furious. I would have never bought a OnePlus phone (7t by the way is fantastic otherwise, but that's beyond the point) if I knew this is the kind of response I would get. So, for everyone else BEWARE.

(obviously correspondence below is in reverse order)

-------------

First L2 person 02/23/2020 06:20 PM

Hi XXXXX,
    Thank you for contacting OnePlus Support.
    My name is First L2 person, One of the L2 Technicians at OnePlus. This is regarding the remote session for your device.
    we apologize for the delay in response. Due to some technical error, we were not able to conduct the remote session and now the issue is resolved and we are ready to conduct the session for you so please do let me know your convenient time so that I can fix an appointment for you.
    Thanks & Regards,
    First L2 person
    OnePlus Support
    ------
    02/15/2020 05:46 PM
    Dear 3rd L2 person,
    This will be the 4th or 5th time I will be providing my availability. I don't quite see how it will be different than the previous times, but let's try one last time.
    So I will be available either of the below:
    Mon Feb 17, 19:15-21:30
    Tue Feb 18, 20:15-21:30
    Wed Feb 19, 18:15-21:30
    Thu Feb 20, 18:15-21:30
    All times UTC+2
    Let me know which works
    BR
    xxxxxxxxx

--------------

Administrator 02/15/2020 08:30 AM
    It’s been a while since we heard from you. This automated message is to remind you that we look forward to your response on the incident you had requested (191130-004704).
    If we don’t get any response from you in 3 days, we assume it is safe to mark this incident as resolved.
    Please do remember to check the spam/junk folder, in case you don’t find our earlier response in the inbox.
    You can reply to this mail, in case you need further assistance.
    ------------

3rd L2 person 02/13/2020 08:27 AM

Hello XXXXXX,
    My name is 3rd L2 person, One of the L2 Technicians at OnePlus.
    This email is regarding remote session, we apologize for the delay in response. This is not the kind of experience we want our customers to have with our service, we will take your words as feedback. We request you to kindly let us know your next feasible time and date so that we can arrange a remote session for your device.
    Looking forward to hearing from you.
    Regards,
    3rd L2 person
    OnePlus support

------------

02/11/2020 08:45 PM

ok, enough is enough.
    This is ridiculous, I never get any reply in time.
    Please close the ticket.
    I will start a new ticket and ask for a replacement phone.
    Rest assured you will see this correspondence in the 1+ forums
    XXXXXXX

--------------

On Monday, 3 February 2020, 12:23:09 EET, XXXXXXX wrote:
    No reply yet....
    ---------------

01/29/2020 06:17 PM

Hi first L2 person,
    Below times/dates will work for me:
    Jan 30 18:30-21:30
    Feb 3 19:30-21:30
    Feb 4 18:30-21:30
    Feb 5 18:30-20:00
    Feb 6 18:30-21:30
    All times UTC+2
    Let's see if it works this time (more than 2 months since I first contacted OnePlus support and more than 1 month since I contacted L2 support)
    BR
    XXXXXXX
    -----------

first L2 person01/28/2020 09:48 AM

Hi XXXXXXX,
    My name is first L2 person, One of the L2 Technicians at OnePlus. This is regarding the remote session for your device.
    we apologize for the delay in response. Due to some technical error, we were not able to conduct the remote session and now the issue is resolved and we are ready to conduct the session for you in Priority so please do let me know your convenient time so that I can fix an appointment for you.
    Thanks & Regards,
    First L2 person
    OnePlus Support
    -------------

01/24/2020 05:15 PM
    Kind Reminder
    --------------

01/23/2020 04:30 PM

Kind reminder
    -------------

01/22/2020 06:19 PM

Dear OnePlus support,
    Are you ever going to notify me about which timeslot will be used for the remote session I asked for?
    It's been a full week without any reply.
    This doesn't seem to work. Please let me know what timeslots you have available and I will choose the one that suits me.
    Or should I just give up and return my phone for replacement?

BR
    XXXXXXXX

----------

01/21/2020 04:45 PM
    Kind Reminder
    --------------

01/20/2020 05:00 PM
    Kind Reminder
    ---------------

01/18/2020 10:00 PM
    Kind reminder
    ---------------

01/15/2020 04:19 PM
    Dear OnePlus support,
    seriously, I had already written in my previous email that I would be available afternoons all this week.
    But given the history of all this, I doubt we'll manage to arrange something this week, so below find these and more dates:
    15/1 - 18:30-20:00 (UTC+2)
    16/1 - 18:30-21:30 (UTC+2)
    17/1 - 20:00-21:30 (UTC+2)
    20/1 - 19:30-21:30 (UTC+2)
    21/1 - 18:30-21:30 (UTC+2)
    22/1 - 18:30-20:00 (UTC+2)
    BR

XXXXXXX
    ----------

A third L2 person01/15/2020 02:00 AM

Hi XXXXX,
    Thank you for contacting OnePlus.
    This email is regarding the remote session. We apologize for the delay in conducting your Remote session. Please let us know the convenient date and time so that we can conduct the remote session for your device and resolve the issue.
    Looking forward to working with you.
    Thanks and Regards,
    First L2 Person
    OnePlus Support

---------------
    01/13/2020 03:17 PM
    Dear OnePlus Support
    as was expected, as soon as I wrote my previous email, my phone started again to have random shutdowns.
    So I am afraid I will have to go through the remote session after all.
    I am available all this week from 18:30-21:30 UTC+2
    Please let me know a time slot that also workd for you.
    Please also let me know in case this ticket was closed and I need to raise a new one.
    BR
    XXXXXXX

-------------

01/10/2020 06:16 PM
    Dear OnePlus support,
    thankfully it has been a while that my OnePlus 7t has not randomly switched off and seems to be working fine.
    Given that, and since it appears it is very difficult to get a timely response in order to organize a remote session, I think I would like to save myself the trouble of going through that process.
    I can only hope that my new phone has now stabilized and will no longer shut down with no apparent reason.
    In case this reappears, I suppose I will have to raise another ticket and see if we can resolve the issue then.
    I am sorry to say that the level of support provided is far below adequate.
    BR
    XXXXXXX

-------------------
    Administrator 01/10/2020 09:30 AM
    It’s been a while since we heard from you. This automated message is to remind you that we look forward to your response on the incident you had requested (191130-004704).
    If we don’t get any response from you in 1 day, we assume it is safe to mark this incident as resolved.
    Please do remember to check the spam/junk folder, in case you don’t find our earlier response in the inbox.

---------------------
    Administrator 01/08/2020 09:30 AM
    If we don’t get any response from you in 3 days, we assume it is safe to mark this incident as resolved.

-----------------------

2nd L2 person 01/06/2020 09:14 AM

Hi ,
    Thank you for contacting OnePlus Customer support. I will be assisting you with your query.
    I apologize or the inconvenience this has caused you and delay in resolving your issue
    In regards to your query, I would like to inform you that as the slot was book for 27th,28th,29th,30december, I would request you to provide us with any other convenient time and date so that I can arrange remote session for you.
    We appreciate your time and patience.
    Kindly get back to us, looking forward for your response.
    Regards,
    2nd L2 person
    OnePlus Customer support

----------------------

12/27/2019 02:45 AM

Hi First L2 person,
    since I didn't get a reply, see below updated availability:
    27/12 09:00-11:00 and 17:00-20:00
    28/12 09:00-11:00
    29/12 09:00-10:00 and 18:00-20:00
    30/12 09:00-11:00
    all times UTC+2
    XXXXXX

------------

12/26/2019 01:15 AM

Hi First L2 person,
    Thanks for getting back to me.
    Regarding the remote session, I will ba available :
    tomorrow 26/12, 09:00-14:00 and 18:00-20:00
    27/12, 09:00-12:00 and 17:00-20:00
    All times UTC+2
    Let me know which works best
    BR
    XXXXXXXXX

--------------------------

First L2 person12/25/2019 09:56 PM
    Hi XXXXXXX,
    Thank you for contacting OnePlus.
    This email is regarding the remote session. We apologize for the delay in conducting your Remote session. Please let us know the convenient date and time so that we can conduct the remote session for your device and resolve the issue.
    Looking forward to working with you.
    Thanks and Regards
    First L2 person
    OnePlus

--------

12/23/2019 09:45 PM

Hi First L2 person
    Again I did not get any reply from OnePlus support, this is getting frustrating as my phone randomly shutting down whenever it pleases.
    I will be available on December 27th, 28th, and 30th at some point during the day, let me know what slots you have available so we can arrange.
    BR
    XXXXXX

---------------------

12/20/2019 07:15 PM
    Hi First L2 person,
    thanks for getting back to me, just last night I got the 10.0.7 update and hoped that it would fix the problem, however, unfortunately not.
    So please note that build No. is now 10.0.7.HD65BA
    Available times:
    - Today 20/12 20:00 (UTC+ 2)
    - Tomorrow 21/12 from 09:00 - 14:00 (UTC+ 2)
    If above are not convenient let me know so I can provide other days
    BR
    XXXXXXX
    ---------------

First L2 person 12/18/2019 11:28 PM
    Hi XXXXXXX,
    My name is First L2 person, One of the L2 Technicians at OnePlus. This is regarding the remote session for your device.
    Please do not worry, we will surely do our best to assist you to get the device fixed.
    Before the remote session, please follow these steps:
    [list of actions I removed to make this a bit shorter]

Looking forward to hearing from you. Have a great day..!!!

Thanks & Regards,
    First L2 person
    OnePlus Support

-----------

XXXXXXXX 12/18/2019 09:30 PM

Dear OnePlus support,
    again it's been a while (6 days this time) with no feedback from your team.
    When are you going to finally start solving this issue?
    It has now been more than a month from my original request and I still have the saem problem without a solution in sight.
    I've had a couple of trouble-free days where I thought maybe this has somehow stabilized but my phone just decided to shut down only 5mins ago.

BR
    XXXXXX

-------------

YYYYYYY12/12/2019 07:36 AM

Hi XXXXXXX,
    Thank you for contacting OnePlus Customer Support.
    I would like to inform you that I will be transferring this case to the concerned team they will call you and assist you further.
    Requesting for your co-operation in this matter.
    Regards,
    YYYYYYYYY
    OnePlus Customer Support.
    -------------------

XXXXXX12/12/2019 02:19 AM
    Dear OnePlus Support,
    please find below details needed:
    Convenient time to contact you: (UTC+ 2) 18:00 - 21:00
    Let me know if you need any more info
    BR
    XXXXX

-----------

Administrator 12/11/2019 01:45 AM

----------

YYYYYYYYY12/09/2019 01:44 AM
    Hi XXXXXXXX,
    Thank you for the confirmation to facilitate with a remote session please share the following details:
    Name:
    contact number:
    IMEI number:
    Build number:
    Registered E-mail ID:
    Current OS version:
    Current location:
    Proof of purchase:
    Convenient time to contact you:
    Awaiting your response.
    You may revert us anytime for further questions or concerns.
    Regards,
    YYYYYYYYYYY

-----------------

XXXXXX12/06/2019 03:45 AM

Hi YYYYYYY,
    I think I will try the remote session first.
    Could you please let me know for planning purposes:
    - how long would the whole process take
    - timeslots when we could arrange the session, as in general I would be available afternoons ( UTC+2) on weekdays
    BR
    XXXXXX
    ------------

YYYYYYYYY 12/05/2019 12:15 AM

Hi XXXXXXX,
    Please confirm if you would like to facilitate a remote session or replacement.
    Awaiting your response.
    Regards,
    YYYYYYYY
    -------------

YYYYYYYY 12/05/2019 12:11 AM

Hi XXXXXXX,

We truly apologize for the time taken to the response. We will ensure to reply to your case on priority
    XXXXXXX, To answer your query I would like to inform you that:
    1. In a remote session, Our level 2 technicians will call you and flash the device. You may have to download certain files in your system. Do not worry, you will be guided step by step. You will be intimated about the files that you have to download and you will receive an email and then the technician will call you. And
    Yes, a system is required for you to download the link.
    2. In case the issue persists after the remote session, We will facilitate a replacement for you.
    3. In case if you choose a replacement , you must send the device to the service center, the technicians will inspect the device. Basis the inspection the replacement will be facilitated.
    Please confirm if you would like to facilitate a replacement.
    Regards,
    YYYYYYYYY

-----------------

12/04/2019 04:20 PM

Dear YYYYYYYY,
    another day has passed with no reply and given the history of this issue (OnePlus support claiming that they responded whereas I have received no communication) I am getting worried.
    Could you please confirm that you gave received my response below and are working on it?
    BR
    XXXX

---------

XXXXXXX 12/03/2019 03:30 PM

Dear YYYYYYYY,
    As I haven't received a reply from you yet, and given previous communication problems and 5-day deadline before ticket auto-closure, I just wanted to confirm that you have received my response with my details below for - Case ID: 191130-004704 and are working on it.
    BR
    XXXXXXX

------------------------

XXXXXXX 12/02/2019 05:00 AM

Dear YYYYYYYYY,
    Thanks for getting back to me.
    For the record I would like to point out that this is the first time I've heard back from OnePlus support, so I don't know what you are referring to in your response. I have not received any response asking me to send my details for a replacement (and I have checked my spam and deleted folders); otherwise I would not have used that tone in my previous email.
    Having said that, I am glad you responed.
    My details are as follows:
    Before deciding on a remote flash or straight replacement, I would like to know the following:
    - How will a remote flash take place? Will I need to connect to a PC? How long will it take?
    - If the remote flash fails or the problem persists, I assume I will still be getting the replacement, right?
    - If I choose a replacement, what is the process?
    Thanks,
    XXXXXX

-------------------

YYYYYYYY 12/01/2019 01:38 AM

Hi XXXXX,

I read your previous conversation. I understand that your device keeps shutting down very often that you want a replacement. Please do not I will assist you with a resolution.
    XXXXXX, Just for the clarification purpose I would like to inform you that in the previous conversation, I see that you were asked for details to create a replacement request and since there was no reply from you the case was auto-closed. However please do not worry, I will create a replacement request for you. Please share the below details:
    Order number :
    Email Address:
    First Name:
    Last Name:
    Street Address:
    Apartment #:
    City:
    State/Province:
    Zip/Postal Code:
    Telephone (please include country code):
    If your device is detected in PC then we may schedule a remote session where our technical experts will contact you and conduct the remote sessions. Please let us know if you are interested in remote flashing before initiating the replacement.
    Awaiting your response.
    Regards,
    YYYYYYYYY

-----------

11/30/2019 09:45 PM

Dear OnePlus support
    this is the third email I am writing to you about this case. It has now been 15 days since I first contacted you and I have not received any reply whatsoever yet.
    Needless to say this is unacceptable. Please get in contact and provide a solution as soon as possible.
    In the meantime my phone keeps having the same issue and even though in the previous days it seemed to have stabilized a bit with having only one abrupt shut down per day, today I have had it shut down 4 times already in little less than 8hrs.
    I cannot stress enough how frustrating this is. I paid €600 for a working phone, not one that works when it wants, and no support whatsoever.
    You will be hearing from me about this in oneplus forums as well, rest assured.
    XXXXXXXX

---------

On Wednesday, 20 November 2019, 09:48:04 EET, XXXXXXX wrote:

Dear OnePlus support
    It has now been 5 days since I placed a support request with no reply so far.
    Since then I have upgraded my phone to Oxygen 10.0.6.HD65BA and even did a factory reset.
    However the phone just shut down for no apparent reason this morning when I had just charged it up to 96%.
    I hope you understand that this is not a working phone. As I said I need an urgent solution by tomorrow. I have an important trip coming up for which I need a new phone that works.
    I trust that this time you will find the time to actually respond to my request as so far I am VERY DISAPPOINTED both with getting a phone that doesn't work and not getting any support.
    BR
    XXXXXX

2. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 Feb 23, 2020

Dresa91 , Feb 23, 2020 :
    hey,

sorry for you. This is an user forum. we can’t to anything.
    @SoniaB, can you escalate this?

MRTLima, otto2, the_o2 and 3 others like this.
  3. stratisk
    Donut Feb 23, 2020

thanks, I know it's a user forum, so I thought other users should know

SnakeShits likes this.
  4. SoniaB
    Community Hero 2020 Head Moderator Feb 23, 2020

SoniaB , Feb 23, 2020 :
    Hey there

Do you have an active case ID that I can escalate on?

I will also give a heads up to admin to get this looked at asap.

MRTLima, otto2, the_o2 and 5 others like this.
  5. stratisk
    Donut Feb 23, 2020

Hi SoniaB, here is the Case ID: 191130-004704
    thank you very much [e]1f60a[/e]

6. SoniaB
    Community Hero 2020 Head Moderator Feb 23, 2020

SoniaB , Feb 23, 2020 :
    Thank you.

I will escalate. Additionally, I have also alerted admin.

MRTLima, otto2 and Dresa91 like this.
  7. Zeels
    Cupcake Feb 23, 2020

8. SoniaB
    Community Hero 2020 Head Moderator Feb 25, 2020

SoniaB , Feb 25, 2020 :
    Hey there

Escalation team are taking your case further forward and will contact you direct to resolve.

otto2, the_o2, stratisk and 1 other person like this.
  9. stratisk
    Donut Feb 25, 2020

stratisk , Feb 25, 2020 :
    Hi, thanks for the escalation, the L2 team contacted me yesterday and we had the remote session.
    I hope this will solve the issue, but I'm not too optimistic as it already died twice after the remote session while downloading and installing my apps...

In any case, thanks again for your interest and intervention it really made a difference :)

10. SoniaB

SoniaB , Feb 25, 2020 :
    If it has not solved the problem then I can respond to the escalation team and advise of the same and try and resolve the case via RMA.
    Please confirm if you would like me to do so

11. stratisk
    Donut Feb 25, 2020

stratisk , Feb 25, 2020 :
    Hi SoniaB, thanks again for your interest and your time.
    unfortunately ☹️ the issue seems to persist. Even after the remote session my phone will randomly (after fully charged and while still with high battery%) decide it has no battery and shut down

12. SoniaB

SoniaB , Feb 25, 2020 :
    I will escalate again for RMA.

Edit: if issue persists after remote session then the next process will be sending it for diagnostic and repair. So I am asking escalation team on how to proceed next and generate an RMA.

Please do take a video of your device showing that there is no physical damage etc just before you send your device for repair. and ensure you have the video saved on your gdrive/cloud so it can be accessed should there be any issue and we need to provide it as proof.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020

MRTLima and stratisk like this.
  13. SoniaB
    Community Hero 2020 Head Moderator Feb 27, 2020

SoniaB , Feb 27, 2020 :
    @stratisk CS have confirmed that as L2 technical support remote session has not solved the issue, then next stage is to proceed with RMA and send the device for repair/replacement (depending on repair centre diagnostic).

CS said that you have been guided on how to generate the RMA.

Please confirm the same. Once you generate the RMA, a new case ID or RMA number will be created.

Let me know if you need any further assistance after you have done the RMA.

MRTLima and stratisk like this.
  14. stratisk
    Donut Feb 28, 2020

stratisk , Feb 28, 2020 :
    Hi @SoniaB I contacted CS and told them it didn't work, they replied straight back and provided both the RMA process and a link to perform another upgrade before that.

I did the upgrade last night and if the problem occurs again I will alert CS to arrange the RMA.

Once again I would like to really thank you for your help with this, it has made a difference. Hopefully I will not have to reach out again :)

MRTLima and SoniaB like this.
  15. SoniaB
    Community Hero 2020 Head Moderator Feb 28, 2020

SoniaB , Feb 28, 2020 :
    Fingers crossed you don't, but I am here if you do ;)

All the best!

Muzz1 likes this.
  16. Muzz1
    Cupcake Feb 28, 2020

SoniaB likes this.
  17. stratisk
    Donut Apr 5, 2020

stratisk , Apr 5, 2020 :
    Hi all again, afer some time I managed to send my OnePlus 7t for repair (this time, after SoniaB's intervention, all the delay was on my end, so no I am not complaining about that).
    Service was great and very quick, I sent the phone on Tuesday noon and received it back by Friday noon.

However, 2 days after receiving back the phone the problem is here again.....
    To cut a long story short, below is the repair actions
    "Fault found: Battery - standby time is short
    Recovery method: Parts replacement
    Parts consumed:
    Part No. 1031100011 - Battery OP7T
    Part No. 1041100070 - Mainboard and sub-board connect FPC OP7T
    Part No. 1101100422 - Back cover adhesive OP7T"

and a video I shot today showing how the phone is dead and not responding until I plug it in and then shows "battery low" even though battery is at 97%, after which I can power it up again...

18. Wineklek
    Eclair Apr 7, 2020

19. SoniaB
    Community Hero 2020 Head Moderator Apr 7, 2020

SoniaB , Apr 7, 2020 :
    Hey there

I am so sorry to learn that there is still an issue post repair.

Would you like me to escalate again for you?

MRTLima likes this.
  20. C1596639341323
    Cupcake Nov 29, 2020

Aadeeptha_Samarakoon likes this.