Hello! New OnePlus buyer.

1. Chris5626
    Cupcake Nov 6, 2019

Chris5626 , Nov 6, 2019 :
    Hi all. I've just purchased my first OnePlus device, the OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren Edition.

I've been an Android, BlackBerry and iOS user at various different stages but I love the flexibility that Android offers both in terms of hardware and how customisable the experience is, that suits me as I tend to get a bit bored with phones easily so with Android I'm able to keep things feeling fresh for longer with a few changes to the launcher.

I've previously considered buying OnePlus devices in the past, my current phone is a Pixel 3 XL which I do still like.

I had pre-ordered the Pixel 4 XL but cancelled my pre-order as I didn't really feel that the upgrades really benefited my usage sufficiently to spend all that money and get what, for me would end up being, essentially the same phone.

I also pre-ordered the ASUS ROG Phone II but cancelled that as ASUS' official UK store isn't actually owned or operated by ASUS it's a 3rd party licencing their name and I wasn't thrilled at my experience of dealing with them when they initially couldn't even confirm my order had been placed, were unaware of the launch date slipping and ultimately the day before the phone was arrived were still promising it would turn up on that day despite the fact that they were yet to receive the handsets themselves.

After both I had a look at the OnePlus 7T Pro and really liked what I saw, the only thing it's lacking that I would have liked to have seen is wireless charging and an IP rating but they aren't deal breakers for me. Then I saw the McClaren edition and that sold me, I'd previously been interested in the prior McClaren edition phone but went for the Pixel after being able to get it at about half retail price.

So in short, hi all. Looking forward to being a OnePlus owner and having a shiny new phone.

P.S. As I've never dealt with OnePlus before how accurate are their shipping times? I ordered about 10 minutes after the phone was launched on Tuesday the 5th, it's showing estimated dispatch as the 7th and estimated delivery as the 11th with priority delivery.

Wonderwoman13 and Bouncer71 like this.
  2. Bouncer71
    OnePlus 7 Pro Sample Shot Photographer Nov 6, 2019

Bouncer71 , Nov 6, 2019 :
    Hello Chris,
    oh boy, you've gone through a lot of hassle to finally get a OnePlus...;)

So let me welcome you to this madhouse... :D

Just kidding...

Great devices and even greater community...!

Their shipping estimates are pretty good...
    My OP3 came a day late but it looks like the 7Pro Case I ordered on Sunday with Standard shipping will arrive a day early...

So don't worry..
    You'll soon[e]2122[/e] have lots of fun with your new OnePlus and hopefully here in the forum...!

Cheers... :D

Wonderwoman13 and Chris5626 like this.
  3. Chris5626
    Cupcake Nov 7, 2019 at 7:48 PM

Chris5626 , Nov 7, 2019 at 7:48 PM :
    Looks like the estimated dispatch date is going to be missed, fingers crossed the delivery date isn't more than a day out.

4. Chris5626
    Cupcake Nov 8, 2019 at 1:37 PM