Hello Russia

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arma
    Cupcake Aug 18, 2014

arma , Aug 18, 2014 :
    Dear Carl,

Russia definitely is huge market, huge not only because of sales figures but because of fans.
    For 2014 Mobile market around 45mln units, 20mln smartphones and 25 featurephones, that means smartphones has space to grow by eating featurephones share, also internet penetration is getting better and better covers far region by fast mobile connection.

I can tell you a lot about business development, and I would say that it is possible to
    start Russian story for your company and products.

Oppo, Meizu already done some steps and Xiaomei is planning to come.
    You should join to Russian market and do better story than others.

Now is time not only for just another smart device, but for community to unite the people
    and create the army of fans.

I know how to make it happen and I will be glad to help you with it! ;)

http://linkedin.com/in/arkama

2. ikeeper
    Donut Aug 18, 2014

ikeeper , Aug 18, 2014 :
    Hello Carl.
    As many have already stated, ulmart, citilink, ozon etc. are big federal (meaning selling all over the country) shops.
    Good service is praised by Russians, despite numerous "on the knee" service centres in any city, where jack-o-later dudes will happily repair just about anything, for the right price of course.
    Therefore availability of service centres, preferably one in the western Russia and one in "over Ural". Say Moscow + Yekaterinburg, will be much appreciated.
    Direct sales are good, but for the people of internet age and alike. Many still prefer to be able to go and touch things before buying them.

3. AlexGuroff
    Community Veteran Aug 18, 2014

AlexGuroff , Aug 18, 2014 :
    Не работает ОРО с магазинами. Другая идеология и другое ценообразование.

4. vovantos
    Jelly Bean Aug 18, 2014

vovantos , Aug 18, 2014 :
    Dear Carl ,

Thank you for your interest in Russian market!

IMHO , it's one of the fast growing markets in the world of mobile technology consumption. Also keep in mind that Russia, Belarus and Kazakhstan are in Eurasian Economic Community, so that means if you are hitting Russia with OPO, you will automatically gain additional markets , such as Belarus and Kazakhstan and potentially - Armenia and other countries of the former Soviet Union. And all together it will be around 170 millions ppl.

Postal services in that area are upgrading very quickly, it's hard to believe but 2 years ago we were not able to check tracking numbers online, now it's available. The government unifying our markets and regulations through all the areas and now we have build dedicated post offices for the parcels that come from abroad. With a l i e x p r e s s targeted our markets we have 5-6 times increase of the parcels coming in the past 2 years period. We rarely have parcels lost nowadays.

With a huge number of enthusiast you will never have a problem of localizing your software.

Do not forget the mentality here, sometimes ppl. dont have enough money to buy clothing and food, but they will buy an expensive gadget just to show off. They will save or borrow the money to do so.

ZTE and Huawei take the lead place in Belarus by the cell phone sales, they have been here for 5-6 years now. By the statistics , in Belarus we have around 10 millions cell phone numbers here(population is 10 mil. ppl.) , so that means more than 70% of ppl. have cell phones here (a lot of ppl carry 2 cellphones).

Service is important , but you dont have to open your office here at the beginning , you can just use a reliable middle man company and organize sales of the spare parts.

submarlne and Zverart like this.
  5. Enclave
    Cupcake Aug 18, 2014

Enclave , Aug 18, 2014 :
    Hello, Carl
    First, we have to ask you a question ourselves. Are you ready for a lot of unexpected things to happen? This is Russia, the authorities are quite known for their bad attitude towards practically anything, including new phones, companies, etc. What I am trying to say that it might have a lot of troubles with the government even if opo meets all of the Russian certification requirements.
    Also you might have a problem with sales over here. Apart from the Internet community, which is, indeed, very interested in opo, nobody really knows Oneplus and not a lot of people will be planning to buy a cheap phone from an unknown company since the majority believes that Price+Brand=Quality. But I guess it is almost the same for everywhere.
    Now I will try to answer your questions.
    The key thing - almost every phone in Russia is charged around 20% extra price comparing to everywhere else. We do not want it to be the same with OPO, because otherwise the people will continue ordering the phone from abroad.
    Buying the phone. Well, that is a hard question. Here you have to understand that there are big cities (Moscow, St. Petersburg) and little towns. Of course, for a person from a large town it is quite easy to go to some sort of store and buy it there (if the delivery is not free), but for an inhabitant of a little town it is more convenient to order it online from somewhere - either from an already well-known shop (some of them had been already mentioned in this thread), either from an official Oneplus store, if there are plans to create one in Russia. Crucial: Russian Post works terribly bad, it is not even America's snail mail, it's worse. Once a relative of mine sent me some document from Germany to Moscow in mid-December. I've received it in mid-April. Of course that does not happen all the time, but it can happen to an OPO being sent from Moscow to some small village. So I guess it is quite important to have some alternatives to Pochta Rossiyi (Russian Post), some better courier services.
    Support. I don't know whether we need anything different from the rest of the world, nothing special is required.
    This small review is quite accurate not only for Russia, but for the whole Post-Soviet space.
    I will gladly answer your questions if there are any.

6. SaMaster
    Cupcake Aug 18, 2014

SaMaster , Aug 18, 2014 :
    we want to see 1+1 (maybe, 2?) in Russia. If you save your prices, of course

7. AlexGuroff
    Community Veteran Aug 19, 2014

AlexGuroff , Aug 19, 2014 :
    Народ, все хотите ОРО в России - может хватит писать, что все плохо?
    Напишите что-то хорошее. Не Почтой России единой, как говорится :)

I was able to easily order and get 3 phones. All was delivered by courier service EMS, it takes (from customs clearance till my home) - 3 days.
    Just for information - Russians start to read the instructions for goods, only after they already broke it :D.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2014

Zverart and qnub like this.
  8. Zverart
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 19, 2014

Zverart , Aug 19, 2014 :
    I'd like to add.
    In Russia (+ Belarus, Kazakhstan,...) we can repair phones ourselves. I mean you do not need to open your services or offices in our country initially. All we need is an opportunity to get OPO without any brokers.
    There are a lot of enthusiasts here and everybody waiting for an opportunity to get their One on hands.
    If you want to start the process of entering our market you should send invites to those persons from Russia who has already bought their phones and who promised to give their invites to the next persons.

Good luck!
    Feel free to ask us about anything.

submarlne likes this.
  9. ikeeper
    Donut Aug 19, 2014

ikeeper , Aug 19, 2014 :
    Карл спрашивает у нас, наше мнение, чтобы им было возможно правильно строить свою стратегию. Как работает ОРО я в курсе.

10. vasek
    Donut Aug 19, 2014

vasek , Aug 19, 2014 :
    Ребята, я призываю вас к разуму!
    Поймите, что сейчас у вас есть шанс получить автоматизированный сервис центр в России, а не выкидывать свой телефон в помойку, если с ним что-нибудь случится!

Я прошу вас, если вы обычный покупатель, а не человек, который работает с этой системой или хотя бы разбирается в ней и знает как она устроена изнутри - не пишите!

Я конечно понимаю, что Карлу будет очень интересно прочитать про ваш личный опыт получения документов из Германии от ваших знакомых и прочие субъективные вещи, но !ПОЖАЛУЙСТА!

Есть определенная статистика, которая показывает положение нашего рынка на мировой арене. И там не все так плохо!
    Да, в России сложная процедура оформления всех бумаг, эту волокиту нужно долго тащить.
    Но в общем и целом у нас абсолютно цивилизованная страна, никто на коробки из америки не нападет и разрывать их не будет.

Я прошу всех тех, кто написал не по делу, отредактировать свои сообщения или вовсе удалить их.
    От прихода OnePlus в Россию многое зависит. В том числе и поддержка ваших аппаратов

Спасибо

11. Zverart
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 19, 2014

Zverart , Aug 19, 2014 :
    А я считаю, что наша основная цель, на данный момент, это получение возможности доставки девайсов в Россию. Поддержка - дело второстепенное. Если нет возможности его купить в нашей стране (возможность есть, но связано это с определёнными запарами), то нечего и поддерживать. А создание сервисных центров - это дополнительная волокита, о которой можно будет говорить позднее.
    Я думаю, компания прекрасно понимает положение дел и необходимость создания сервисов, но всему своё время.

submarlne likes this.
  12. thickchineseguy
    Gingerbread Aug 19, 2014

thickchineseguy , Aug 19, 2014 :
    Почти во всём я был согласен с тобой в соседней ветке, друг, но тут ты не прав... Сервисные центры - вещь очень важная. Куда проще сдать свой телефон в Москву или Питер, чем в Пекин или Шанхай. Так что не стоит делать так, чтобы у нас по итогу не было СЦ. Не факт, что потом в ОРО заморочатся по этой части. А значит лучше сделать всё сразу, пока у них есть заинтересованность.

13. checkdimon
    Cupcake Aug 19, 2014

checkdimon , Aug 19, 2014 :
    Hi, Carl. This is a great idea, but you'd better open your online store, and through him to sell, as we have big markups in stores. It is also necessary to open a service center. I would not mind to work there, but I'm 16 years old: D

14. Spart
    Gingerbread Aug 20, 2014

Spart , Aug 20, 2014 :
    Маловероятно открытие СЦ, максимум лицензируют какой нить СЦ на ремонт. Я считаю, что на данный момент важна доставка.

Zverart likes this.
  15. Mike
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 20, 2014

Mike , Aug 20, 2014 :
    What kind of red tape would be involved in creating service infrastructure? Sorry if I misunderstood, I'm using Google translate..

16. laplandersan
    Eclair Aug 20, 2014

Zverart likes this.
  17. arma
    Cupcake Aug 20, 2014

arma , Aug 20, 2014 :
    Guys, you are wasting time.
    The question is - do you want to have OPO in Russia or not?
    If yes - then very easy to do and strategy is:

1. Online channel - (e-commerce) OPO official Russian brand shop.
    Delivery to every region its not a problem, lots of good services exist.

2. Retail channel - direct sales or distribution - depends on targets and quantity.
    We can arrange exclusive partner who is an expert in sales of unique devices.

3. ASP - after sales provider - for the first stage also I don't see any difficulties, no need to provide to service center any spare parts, just give them few devices, and they will disassemble it for fixing clients devices based on warranty terms.

4. Have no money for marketing? Let's make fan events, like others do, but better.

But of course, price will be a bit higher, because of customs and official sales terms.
    Good this is company will find new customer, who don't trust or don't want to have devices from china and want to have device with warranty and right now.
    Finally, all that things will increase sales in Russia & CIS.

Mike and vasek like this.
  18. ikeeper
    Donut Aug 20, 2014

ikeeper , Aug 20, 2014 :
    Hello Mike.
    Given the fact that we are using a mix of written and spoken Russian in our messages, google translate is far from perfect solution.

Here i'll translate all the messages so far (might modify them slightly to be more understandable), hope it helps at least in some way.
    In reply to my initial message in this topic.
    OPO does not work with retail. Other ideology, and other price formation model.

Guys, you all want OPO to be in Russia - maybe you then should stop writing that everything is bad?
    Write something good, not only Russian Post operates here.

In reply to AlexGuroff message addressed to me.
    Carl ask us our opinion so then can build their strategy the right way. How does the OPO work i do know.

Guys, i urge you to use your heads!
    Understand that you now have the chance to get an automated service center in Russia, and not to throw your phone in the trash, if anything happens to it!

I ask you, if you are a regular customer, and not a person who works with this system, or at least understands it and knows how it works from the inside - do not write! (i guess he means the sales/service)

I certainly understand that Carl will be very interested in reading about your personal experience of getting documents from Germany to your friends and other subjective things, but PLEASE!

There are some statistics that shows the status of our market in the world. And it is not so bad!
    Yes, in Russia all "papers" procedures are complicated, and this is something you have to overcome and it will take some (more) time.
    But in general we have absolutely civilized country, no one will jump on to the boxes shipped from America to tear them apart. (i guess he talks about the geopolitical situation atm)

I ask all those who have written something off-topic to edit or even delete your messages altogether.
    Much depends on how does the OPO enters our market. Including support for your devices.

Thank you.

In reply to previous message by Vasek.
    And I think that our main goal at the moment is the opportunity to make the device delivery to Russia possible. Support - is a secondary matter. If you can not buy it in our country (the possibility is there, but it is associated with certain problems), then there is nothing to maintain / take care of / service. And the creation of service centres - is an additional baggage of problems (called the red tape of bureaucracy), which we can discuss later.
    I think the company is well aware of the situation and the need for service centres, but everything should come in due time.

In reply to previous post by Zverart.
    I had agreed with almost everything you wrote in the neighbouring topic, but here, friend, you are not correct. Service centres are a very important things. It is much easier to turn your phone in Moscow or St. Petersburg than in Beijing or Shanghai. So do not do anything that would in the end lead to the situation where we won't have a service centre. We can't know, that the OPO will take care of it in the future. And thus it is better to make all the right way from the beginning, as long as they (OPO) are interested.

In reply to the previous message by thickchineseguy.
    The opening of service centre is unlikely, at maximum they will procure license to some already existing service centre. I think, that at this very moment, the delivery is the most important.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2014

Mike, vovantos, Spart and 1 other person like this.
  19. VladimirP
    Cupcake Aug 20, 2014

VladimirP , Aug 20, 2014 :
    Dear Carl !
    Our company supply, promotion, sale and support service in Russia a famous Chinese smartphone brand.

We have a lot of experience in this, so we can offer you the following conditions for cooperation.

Obligation on our part (what we have already created and running):
    1 Receive from Russian Federal Security Service official permission for the importation of products Oneplus One in Russia.
    2 Obtaining Russian certificate on OnePlus One in Russia.
    3 Official delivery and logistics.
    4 Use for work our office, warehouse, personnel.
    5 Online and offline sales OnePlus One in Russia.
    6 Advertising Support, articles in leading Russian media, tests and more ...
    7 Service, using its own service center, logistics in all Russian terrytory.

Obligation on your side part:
    1 Sale OnePlus One with software version for Russia.
    2 Warranty and spare parts supply
    3 Providing existing advertising material (pictures high resolution, promo videos and more.

If you are interested in our cooperation offer, and for more information please contact me by email.

Regards
    Vladimir

irina shaman likes this.
  20. aerosmith1804
    Cupcake Aug 20, 2014

aerosmith1804 , Aug 20, 2014 :
    Oh, I can't believe my eyes! Of course, It will be very useful for us to buy your devices OFFICIALLY in shops in Russia with all available support and !!!Price!!!. It's not so difficult i suppose) We will be very grateful to you, OP!