Hello Russia

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 21, 2014

Mike , Aug 21, 2014 :
    So when you buy through A l i, do you choose EMS with Russia post? Is that extremely unreliable, like people here seem to suggest?
    Thanks a lot for this.

Serg1987 likes this.
  2. AlexGuroff
    Community Veteran Aug 21, 2014

AlexGuroff , Aug 21, 2014 :
    Mike, as they say in Russian proverb: "not so devil, as it is painted".
    This mean situation with parcels delivery not so bad as was said. Volume of e-commerce, which is concerned only Moscow Customs exceeds 2.8 billion. euros per year.
    EMS and other couriers will do their work.
    I personally bought two 64Gb Sandstone Black Global Version from the official store (http://oneplus.net/one) and without any problems brought to Russia through an intermediary in USA, not counting the additional costs for the shipment of course :D

Zverart likes this.
  3. vovantos
    Jelly Bean Aug 21, 2014

vovantos , Aug 21, 2014 :
    If it was not reliable , a l i would not translate their web site in Russian language, as i said 10 years ago it was absolutely true regarding Russian post , but now that stereotype has changed. In internet you can find hundreds and even thousands happy feedback's of people receiving their parcels and rarely when they dont and it's really does not matter ether you choose standard Post service or EMS or UPS chances are very high that you receive your goods in a timely manner and in a good condition.

Zverart and submarlne like this.
  4. haykarm
    Donut Aug 21, 2014

haykarm , Aug 21, 2014 :
    Better to work with citilink.ru or ulmart.ru, if U want a really big retailer online and offline take a look at mvideo.ru they've got I think the best service

5. VladimirP
    Cupcake Aug 21, 2014

VladimirP , Aug 21, 2014 :
    Если имеется в виду доставка без оплаты таможенных пошлин (серый импорт) - то это одно и далеко это не "уедет", если официальные поставки, то добавьте к цене 18% НДС и стоимость логистики, а также получение нотификации ФСБ и сертификацию телефона в России.

submarlne and pebble like this.
  6. VladimirP
    Cupcake Aug 21, 2014

VladimirP , Aug 21, 2014 :
    You write nonsense and you don't understand that, citilink.ru or ulmart.ru,or mvideo.ru nobody not buys and does not import goods, they only work on the implementation of the terms of payment after 120 days, so if you are illiterate, you do not need to give stupid advice. Also, these sellers nothing to invest in advertising. And have in mind that adding margins of these retailers, the price of the phone is not interesting for sales in Russia and no one will buy.

7. Dasein
    Cupcake Aug 21, 2014

Dasein , Aug 21, 2014 :
    Actually you can already easily buy OPO from China or HK on e-bay and they'll ship it to Russia via Express Int'l Postage. So resellers already making money on you product and if they manage why Oneplus can't. If you afraid of russian post you can add insuarance, or ship via courier companies, but in my opinion problem is exagarated. Have bought a lot on e-bay never lost any parcels.
    Some Moscow shops sell OPO.

8. haykarm
    Donut Aug 22, 2014

haykarm , Aug 22, 2014 :
    Have you read the question I answered? "What about e-commerce companies in Russia? Who cares about their customers the most, and provides them with the best experience?" So u're talking about something else. And by the way OP may open some kind of "OP Russia" and import stuff by itself and have no need in importers and the same is with usual advertisement on tv and etc. in which OPO has no need. Here in Moscow OPO costs around 400-500 $ on the local market for already imported devices, and if OP comes in here then market price will drop + we'll get better post-sale service. Those 3 companies imo are good at it (price+post-sale service).

Last edited: Aug 25, 2014

9. roosteek
    Gingerbread Aug 22, 2014

roosteek , Aug 22, 2014 :
    We are waiting for One Plus One shipping to Russia (120 000 000 people)! When?

10. pebble
    Cupcake Aug 23, 2014

pebble , Aug 23, 2014 :
    Shit happens and not only in Russia.

11. roosteek
    Gingerbread Aug 24, 2014

roosteek , Aug 24, 2014 :
    Carl, you can successfully compete with other mobile companies, because you have good marketing, hight quality and low price.These are the units of win!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2014

qnub likes this.
  12. Jack Fracas
    Donut Aug 25, 2014

roosteek and Atrick like this.
  13. roosteek
    Gingerbread Aug 25, 2014

roosteek , Aug 25, 2014 :
    Thats right!!!!!!!

14. bodium
    Eclair Aug 26, 2014

bodium , Aug 26, 2014 :
    Hi, Im not sure you will read this, but here goes.
    Most of the sales of smartphones in Russia come from retail stores (quite a large number of them, if interested, I can list the largest). Nothing mysterious in the Russian market (apart from the paperwork part, that can sometimes be classified as black magic). Just show the people your glorious product and boom go the sales. A good support service is also expected from a good brand. And accessories. What are we without accessories :D

Personally, I think if you launch OPO in Russia in at least 10-12 months, even if it doesnt sall as well as an Apple product, it will prepare the market for your next product. But I think it will sell as fast as hellfire

15. nike_vanas
    Cupcake Aug 26, 2014

nike_vanas , Aug 26, 2014 :
    Below points may help :
    1) To introduce the phone in Russian language.
    2) People in Russia believes in different and if this product is diff then others than sure we can have great success here.
    3) Almost every 6 out of 10 office workers are taking i-phone as a status symbol, but they always has other phone which gives them much free hand to be in sync with other friends. So i-phone will not be and issue.
    4) If in Russia with phone we can provide some fancy covers (with small additional cost) it will sure make a big diff. Because they need to look diff than others.

Will survey a little more about this and will soon post the same. Hope this is add a + in the sales of 1+1

16. dast_hard
    Eclair Aug 27, 2014

17. toxa3003
    Cupcake Aug 27, 2014

toxa3003 , Aug 27, 2014 :
    Dear Carl, while you are sitting and thinking what way and how, people sell invites from 20 euro and above in twitter. It's not fair at least. More over, the more people will be interested, more speculation rates will rise.

18. VladimirP
    Cupcake Aug 28, 2014

VladimirP , Aug 28, 2014 :
    You just ****** and do not know anything about the smartphone market in Russia. Firstly - all of these retailers do not buy the goods, and take on the implementation of a deferred payment for at least 120 days, and secondly - OPO can not deliver their products here, as there is no representation (need a company registered in Russia), in-third - if OPO register here office, the price will be in retail - price smartphone in production + shipping + marginality representation + 18% VAT + 30-45% retail profit margins - in the end at that price, product then no one will need here.
    *пожалуйста, без перехода на личности.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2014

19. anisimovmikhail58
    Cupcake Aug 28, 2014

anisimovmikhail58 , Aug 28, 2014 :
    Если действительно Ваша политика не в скорости продаж и их количестве. И Вашей компании не нужны лишние проблемы с пользователями из России. Оставляйте все без изменений. Таможня и почтовые услуги в России работают по своим законам и правилам, которые ни кому не понятны, даже нам. Если Ваш продукт действительно будет нужен, "Русский Ванька" решит эту проблему через посредников. Думаю Вы это уже поняли. Цена продукта в 300 и 350$ не нуждается в сервисной поддержке.

P.S
    Россия - это не только Москва или Санкт-Петербург.

Удачи !

20. dast_hard
    Eclair Aug 30, 2014

dast_hard , Aug 30, 2014 :
    It will be so good because now OPO is so expensive in Russia
    16 gb -450 $
    64 gb - 490 $