[Hello Weekend!] As natural as breathing: name that one feature you want in OxygenOS 11

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Aug 7, 2020

Cheetosdust , Aug 7, 2020 :
    OOS11 feature.png

Hello everyone,

how is life treating you these days? As you are probably aware, today is Friday - and you can actually feel that sweet weekend feeling in the air since @GopalB. is grumpy, even more grumpy after getting this tag. Kickin' in the front seat and everything. So let’s have some good old fun, partyin', partyin' (yeah).

OxygenOS 11 is upon us, as you probably read on @Pete thread. If you haven’t, the details and impressions will be revealed here on the forums next Monday, August 10. Now, before that happens, what about if we name the features we would love to see included in the next iteration of the Operating System (OS)?

From your heart, based on your own experience with the devices you have had, and anticipating what you expect from a major OS update,

please write below a feature that’s not present in any device you know and that you would love to see included in the next version of OxygenOS.​

The feature you choose also tells a story about how you use your phone, about how that rectangle (or rectangle-ish) portal is part of your day and how it helps you tick from the moment you wake up until the moment the hardware has more energy than your human software. I would love to read how the feature of your choice would be useful for you - and perhaps the rest of the community -, how it would help and improve your life in every sense of the word.

And since this is a fun, fun, fun, fun (lookin' forward to the weekend) thread, there’s always the opportunity to add a feature that transcends the logic bonding software and hardware.

As a bonus question and with just the limitations of your own imagination, name a characteristic that smartphones should be able to do.​

Making coffee? Sure. Teach you how to dance? But of course. Be your personal fan or heater? Aye, Y to the E to the S. Grow your hair back? Obviousl… oh c’mon, @dsmonteiro, is this thread called [Hello Weekend!] or [Hello Miracle!]? That’s as reasonable as asking your device to make you walk on water. With weights on your feet. While carrying a piano. Made out of led - a bald piece of led that somehow managed to grow its hair back. Wait. Maybe it can teach you its secret, @dsmonteiro. Congratulations, you are now a piece of led with a fancy mane, good luck trying to reply to this joke with your tiny tiny - oh so so - tiny led fingers.

And that’s it, my lovelies. I would love it if you could just spare a few minutes of your weekend to share with the forums what you see as a new, useful functionality; that new excitement of understanding how something new works and how it would be meshed into your routine.

Stay awesome, stay updated - see what I did there? Updated like the OS? No? Hello? Do I need to reboot the joke? Oh dear lord. Hopefully everything is going well with you and yours. Wishing you all a great weekend ahead, enjoy every single second of it. :cool:

2. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Aug 7, 2020 :
    Early update opt-in. People that does not want to wait and want to risk a possible critical issue can do so directly when a rollout start. People that don't select this are those that want to play it safe and wait until full rollout. The option is in the hands of the user and not left to a random amount. Win-win.

Edit. For clarity. Early update within the same relese channel. Actively bypassing a random waiting queue or select only to update after the test period has passed.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2020

3. ASCHENTE_V
    Jelly Bean Aug 7, 2020

ASCHENTE_V , Aug 7, 2020 :
    I want all the bloatware (Netflix, doze mode, game space, rcc, Facebook services etc), including paid ones, to be wasted... That would have been my favourite feature.

No? - I ain't surprised 😂

Last edited: Aug 7, 2020

4. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer Aug 7, 2020

YRJ , Aug 7, 2020 :
    Come on! OnePlus already has that feature :rolleyes:
    Don't believe me? Well, ask @Rusty NZ ;)

Great thread, Cheetos!
    Have a wonderful weekend awesome people.

5. Iamhasannaqvi
    Froyo Aug 7, 2020

6. dgarg136
    Donut Aug 7, 2020

dgarg136 , Aug 7, 2020 :
    An app zen mode, so you can put individual apps on zen mode and keep the rest of the phone on. For example, I could lock snapchat for one hour.

7. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Aug 7, 2020 :
    1. Hidden "Self destruct" feature with a countdown that can't be stopped. Perfect for a good scare on your unknowing fellow Oneplus owner.
    2. Hidden REAL self destruct feature used for critical moments.
    3. A feature to avoid confusion between the fake and real one.

8. G_Daniel_Garcia_oVre
    Cupcake Aug 7, 2020

OdinPL, VivekPalat, L1oyd3001 and 2 others like this.
  9. dgarg136
    Donut Aug 7, 2020

10. Swatiranjan
    Jelly Bean Aug 7, 2020

Swatiranjan , via OnePlus 7T , Aug 7, 2020 :
    Great weekend thread @Cheetosdust ,
    Well ... lots of Oxygen is needed to breathe for Oxygen11 some people are choked with bloats and need some fresh breath. Really a fresh one with 20.95% of Oxygen neither 20 nor 22.
    The Only feature required is the basic OOS that's it, May be some customisation in terms of fresh icon packs, Fonts, watch display, Fresh wallpapers. ( Not even a single packaged app rather than OnePlus apps). Yes, with the reformation of Community app. Camera App needs some reshaping.
    People are wise to chose their own apps, plenty are available in play store.

11. Mokojwa
    Donut Aug 7, 2020

12. Swatiranjan
    Jelly Bean Aug 7, 2020

13. MosheG1
    The Lab - OnePlus 8 Pro Reviewer Aug 7, 2020

MosheG1 , Aug 7, 2020 :
    I would love to see
    1) a one handed mode
    2) always on display! (It's coming!)
    3) more pro mode camera control (like for the other lenses) and to get a pro mode for video!
    4) more control over charging to protect your battery.

As for a feature that doesn't make sense from a technological standpoint at the moment is that I feel that much is lost when trying to convey a moment on video, how cool would it be if you could smell the air from wherever it was taken or feel the breeze! That would be awesome!

14. NoInspiration
    Honeycomb Aug 7, 2020

15. nguyenphong108
    Gingerbread Aug 7, 2020

nguyenphong108 , Aug 7, 2020 :
    oneplus started selling in vietnam with op8pro, it's a wrong choice, please update op5 / 5t

I'm from Vietnam

G1596874552930 likes this.
  16. IhaveaOnePlus
    Gingerbread Aug 7, 2020

17. Moin2200
    KitKat Aug 7, 2020

Moin2200 , Aug 7, 2020 :
    I would like a counter that counts every time i use the bathroom and how long. And also show most used apps whilst in there.

18. Batman360
    Lollipop Aug 7, 2020

R1581599642970 likes this.
  19. amanps
    Gingerbread Aug 7, 2020

amanps , via OnePlus 6 , Aug 7, 2020 :
    @Cheetosdust Whatever new features are there in oxygen os 11 (android11), I hope oneplus implement in the oneplus 6 series.
    All the features are on the Chinese forum of oneplus and they are awesome
    1.one-handed mode in every system app(phone, messages,gallery,etc)
    2.New dark mode
    3.AOD (ALWAYS ON DISPLAY)
    And the rest.

1596818960615.jpg

1596818960646.jpg

1596818960679.jpg

1596818960708.jpg

1596818960735.jpg

20. sam311
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 7, 2020

sam311 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Aug 7, 2020 :
    To be honest there is always a room for improvement .. Kindly Oneplus team has to look into the Camera section which is actually lagging a lot ...

And more over the Oneplus 7 series has not got a single update from Oneplus 8 series such as Camera UI , Darkmode 2.0

If you remember the Oneplus 6T release a new nightmode got released immediately to Oneplus 6 .... So why Oneplus 7 series didn't get the update

Last edited: Aug 8, 2020