[Hello Weekend!] As natural as breathing: name that one feature you want in OxygenOS 11

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PatRick030
    Gingerbread Aug 9, 2020

2. GangaSaketh
    Eclair Aug 9, 2020

GangaSaketh , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Aug 9, 2020 :
    Few Updates to OnePlus 8 series would make more interesting.
    1. Gaming triggers on the edges.
    2. Swipe left or Right on the edges for Quick toggle.
    3. Parallel Apps support for more applications.
    4. Full Screen support for more applications.
    5. Dedicated Night Mode for selfies
    6. Document scanner in Camera
    7. Potrait mode for videos
    8. Inbuilt Live Streaming for Gamers
    9. Few interesting themes to select.

3. rajshah2412
    Honeycomb Aug 9, 2020

rajshah2412 , Aug 9, 2020 :
    Thanks for the great thread @Cheetosdust
    It is surely an interesting topic which you've based this discussion upon.
    Surely @GopalB. would be grumpier than usual now that he's got the tag.
    The comic timing and the sense of humour is on point @Cheetosdust and makes the thread even more interesting and kind of unique as we're well seeing some unique and interesting requests for implementation in OxygenOS 11.
    Can't wait to see the features getting revealed tomorrow and how it makes the experience even better.

4. Nitikhel
    Eclair Aug 9, 2020

5. ajinkyabagwe
    Cupcake Aug 9, 2020

6. KetoK
    Donut Aug 9, 2020

7. Crismic Paul
    Donut Aug 9, 2020

Crismic Paul , via OnePlus Nord , Aug 9, 2020 :
    I would like to have formatting feature in note app. I was usung samsung and now switched to oneplus so its not easy to make letters bold ir highlight them.

F_Brandon_Tobias_jGSG likes this.
  8. D1565224053372
    Cupcake Aug 9, 2020

D1565224053372 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Aug 9, 2020 :
    I have a routine every evening with my daughter. I take her to bed, say good night and put up some night music to her from the Bluetooth speaker. I sit next to her a while and talk nice things. After telling her good night, I leave the room and have a nice comfy rest on the sofa and either watch YouTube videos (previews) without sound or play games without sound. Why without sound? Because my daughter's night music would be either interrupted or accompanied by the sounds from other apps on the phone. Now I know I'm not willing to buy a Samsung, but I'd really want OnePlus to implement the feature on their great phones to be able to stream music to Bluetooth output and still enjoy the phone speakers at the same time. Good night :)

E1595664346834 likes this.
  9. Crismic Paul
    Donut Aug 9, 2020

Crismic Paul , via OnePlus Nord , Aug 9, 2020 :
    Caller should hear if someone is recording..its privacy issue

E1595664346834 likes this.
  10. lucaandro
    Froyo Aug 9, 2020

11. G_Tony_R_HSNo , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Aug 9, 2020 :
    Hi. OnePlus 7t pro user here from London. How about a feature in the photos /camera app that can identify a face and compile a gif from every similar photo. This would be ideal for photos of babies and can show them growing up

12. tanveer_
    Eclair Aug 10, 2020

13. mbnu99
    Eclair Aug 10, 2020

mbnu99 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Aug 10, 2020 :
    What I would like to see is:

1. A better notification system (like the flashing notification light we used to have) where I could set how long it was on for and what colour it is, dependant on the app it is notifying me off.

2. Please no bloatware, especially from Facebook, let's keep Oxygen pure as it's supposed to be

14. Neerajan
    Honeycomb Aug 10, 2020

Neerajan , via OnePlus 8 , Aug 10, 2020 :
    To be fair, oxygen OS is the best Android skin in my opinion. But there are still certain improvements that can be made,

1. Implement a true one handed mode. It's evident that all the OnePlus devices are quite large therefore for users with small hands a true one handed mode would help a lot.

2. Full screen application- only a handful of apps support full screen experience currently. If OnePlus could team up with some app developers to introduce full screen mode, that would be great.

3. Ability to hide status bar - status bar shows very useful information, but personally the user should to be provided with a option to hide it and swipe down to see notifications, Even in the home screen.

and as mentioned in many of the above messages, OnePlus should introduce improvements to the camera processing and the camera application.
    Some suggestions,
    Pro mode for front camera,
    Improve camera post processing.

Thank you

F_Brandon_Tobias_jGSG likes this.
  15. donsamv007
    Cupcake Aug 10, 2020

donsamv007 , via OnePlus Nord , Aug 10, 2020 :
    I am using my Nord since August 3rd. Great phone!! Some of the features I would like to see in the upcoming update are :

1) one handed mode
    2) forced dark mode for all 3rd party apps.
    3) ability to uninstall the files app and only have the file manager app.
    4) support for Google nearby share
    5) need file dash app on Apple app store, Microsoft store and linux
    6) Mac, PC and linux applications to access oneplus phone apps on computer .Wireless Desktop mode like samsung dex.
    7) option to customise app categories in the app drawer
    8) option to remove apps from the app drawer just like a removing Gboard app. I know there is a hidden compartment for hiding apps, it would be great to uncheck the app from the app drawer while hitting the edit button.
    9) Let games space show up under settings rather than an app.
    10) Remove bloat like Netflix Facebook Messenger oneplus note gallery etc. I would like Google apps instead as default. It would be good if one plus provides its apps on the play store, so that users can choose to download if they want.. Remove all the OnePlus features where there is a Google alternative and is better
    11) Really good improvements required for camera.
    12) Battery life and performance improvement required.
    13) Dark mode toggle required in quick settings panel.
    14) Let oneplus community switch and care be a single app with tabs. Let users have the option to uninstall if they want and reinstall it from the Play Store
    15) Need the privacy features of ios 14.
    16) Need a feature to backup oneplus device settings to Google drive.
    17) Ability to install system updates and not restart the phone.
    18) Ability to reprogram buttons. Like I have chosen three finger swipe down for screenshot and I would like to press volume and power key to activate the flashlight.
    19) make quick settings panel much more reachable by dividing it into viewing area and actions area. Do this for all system apps just like one UI.
    20) Launch a oneplus theme Store in Google Play Store to personalize the phone.
    21) Ability to select multiple apps in the launcher.
    22) Rollback open by default to Android 9 where it was easier to select in the panel popup rather than opening up settings.
    23) If possible, remove "this call is being recorded" voice while recording calls and give a toggle to automatically record calls
    24) OnePlus password manager app and auto fill service that has cross platform support. Please put up a oneplus password manager on play store, app store, Microsoft store as well as for linux distros.
    25) Keep up the good work of providing system updates, sensible features and not including a lot of bloat on phones

Last edited: Aug 10, 2020

16. Optimus_Prime_07
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 10, 2020

17. JosWorkshop , via OnePlus 8 T-Mobile , Aug 10, 2020 :
    More customization options for lock screen and ambient display, as well as being able to change where your downloads go (I'm not sure if that's a feature or not, but I haven't found it). Maybe a hidden birthday animation linked to your OnePlus account.