[Hello Weekend!] As natural as breathing: name that one feature you want in OxygenOS 11

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aakritishahkamdar
    Cupcake Aug 10, 2020

2. V1596359949794
    Cupcake Aug 10, 2020

3. abd944
    Gingerbread Aug 10, 2020

DocGrijander likes this.
  4. Insert cool name
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 10, 2020

Insert cool name , Aug 10, 2020 :
    I would love to have that the home screen can be in horizontal and vertical mode. It would be nice for in the car

5. shib29
    Donut Aug 10, 2020

shib29 , via OnePlus 8 , Aug 10, 2020 :
    Great thread!

Some inputs from my end!

1) I really like the concept, *work-life* mode in oneplus but it would be awesome if it has an option to set multiple time sets and select from them for each week. It helps for people working in shifts and reduce the burden to set it each time.

2) Amount of data used/per day in notification panel.

3) Dual channel acceleration support for applications like utorrent.

4) Option to remove the shortcut Power+volume up/ volume down to make it ring/take screenshot.(**It really annoys while trying to change volume**)

5) Option to connect your phone to PC. Atleast like pushbullet app. An inbuilt option would be good for reliability.

6) some UI related changes
    -AOD
    -different scrolling animations
    -A different edge lighting and charging animations.

LizzaHabicht likes this.
  6. Mazharapps
    Gingerbread Aug 10, 2020

Mazharapps , Aug 10, 2020 :
    I have three suggestions, which I think, would be very much helpful to the users :

# 01
    Pls add Option to show Notification Numbers. Notification Dots can be other option to show.
    Dots are for notification but numbers can be better option with counting.

# 02
    Option to change font color to black and white
    Default font color is white. Whenever users go to use light color wallpaper, we cannot see or read apps / folder name & time widget fonts most of the case. If there is an option to change font color to black, we can easily use light color wallpaper & read the text easily.

# 03
    Steps counting record
    Now we can only see steps walked daily. It would be great if feature can be built with record keeping for daily, weekly, monthly, yearly steps walked. This features should be tagged with the related oneplus account used in the phone. So whenever any users, moves to another oneplus phone, he can get his record back.

GregoryGPT and smile80992 like this.
  7. V1559488518934
    Eclair Aug 10, 2020

8. PatRick030
    Gingerbread Aug 10, 2020

PatRick030 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Aug 10, 2020 :
    As exited as I was for DP3 I don't think we'll see it today, sun is almost going down in Shenzhen so i don't expect them to push the button anymore.

Sure hope this doesn't become a promise like dual SIM support, 5G capabilities and so on :-(

9. Sabgovi
    Cupcake Aug 10, 2020

Sabgovi , via OnePlus Nord , Aug 10, 2020 :
    Kindly fox this pubg gaming issue, see the attached screenshot, game struggles to load with 765G processor but my previous device Realms XT with SD 712 does it easily and also graphics was smooth at HD settings, enemy can be see easliy at long distance but in nord, it's kind of glitchy ... I request this to be fixed in next update coz this is the time pass in this pandemic
    1597064753316.jpg

K1596448515675 likes this.
  10. V1593936655541
    Cupcake Aug 10, 2020

11. PatRick030
    Gingerbread Aug 10, 2020

PatRick030 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Aug 10, 2020 :
    They need approval before releasing it, they just could get it approved before sharing a release date lol

"David Y.

Hi everyone,

David here. Just want to give you a quick update. As you may know, our software updates need to be tested and approved before being publicly released. Right now, the Developer Preview 3 is still pending final approval. We really appreciate your patience and will keep you posted."

12. Sankew
    Donut Aug 10, 2020

13. GregoryGPT likes this.
  14. A.Woodbury
    Gingerbread Aug 10, 2020

A.Woodbury , Aug 10, 2020 :
    Yes to this! I need to lock Reddit for the 8 hours I'm at work haha

15. SRD. likes this.
  16. Auxqii
    Honeycomb Aug 10, 2020

17. F1577322977281 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Aug 10, 2020 :
    REMOVAL OF BLOATWARE, ESPECIALLY FACEBOOK.

I know that sweat data boost is a great money maker but Holy damn enough!

-ADD a feature, where when you hold an item in the file manager and swipe-hold down, that all items are select, just like in the galary. It takes embarrassingly ages to mark many files in the file manager.

-CUSTOMIZABLE BATTERY BAR (colors etc, BTW all suggestions are supposed to be for ALL OS11 phones, not just newer models to make more money)

-More camera settings / customization (especially in the DNG Raw area)

- A functional firewall (access lists).

- Improvements in the audio / dolby atmos sound quality area, ever since the last update yesterday, the sound quality has plummeted noticeably

- Either remove the experimental feature section, because its clearly dead or add new stuff to it.

- Remove more BLOATWARE, Facebook.

Clearly editing or commenting about hu wei or the C cp results in an error ("Inappropriate content"). This has to be a joke?!

Last edited: Aug 10, 2020

18. MrErnest
    Donut Aug 10, 2020

19. TibiTibi
    Photography Expert Aug 10, 2020

script likes this.
  20. Professorjordan
    Froyo Aug 10, 2020

Professorjordan , Aug 10, 2020 :
    dual sim for american phone