[Hello Weekend!] Objects you Love!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Batman360
    Lollipop Jul 3, 2020

Batman360 , Jul 3, 2020 :
    Objects you love.png

Greetings to all the humble souls. It's Fri-Yay and I have something that we can all get high on. Love! Can't wait? Neither can I!! So, shall we? 😉

We humans have a very special quality - The ability to love! I’m sure that we all have loved someone in our life or are still in love with, the one whom we are possessive about and care about wholeheartedly. Now, think about you using your phone and texting or calling your loved one and being all gleeful talking to them, and then suddenly you drop your phone

*THUD*
    ~silence~

You know that sound, you know it’s bad, you know you are doomed. You pick up the phone just to see it shattered but you know what’s more shattered than the screen of your phone? Your Heart! At that time you are not thinking of the person (the loved one) you were talking to but the broken display, the pain that is worse than a breakup or your crush rejecting you (well we all are used to that 😜). And this is what I call our affection/love towards the non-living, it hurts us deeply when something bad happens to them and this does not limit to just your smartphones but many other things like having a crease on your brand-new shoes, getting gravy stain that won’t get out of your favorite Batman t-shirt or breaking of your mom’s Fine China or Glass Crockery that she was saving for a Presidential visit (get it? 😜).

We all have a couple of things that we don’t want to share or even use it ourselves because we have trust issues that it anyone could keep it safe (remember the phone incident, oof!), the kind of thing that we keep beside our pillow while sleeping because we love it that much.

Oh yes, I too have some objects that I love. What? You want me to tell you my story about them? Well of course, I thought you’d never ask but promise me you will share your stories too, about your love towards the soul-less objects that are closest to your heart.

My story:

It all began when I was 7 y/o (lol, don’t worry it’s not long). My dad bought me a teddy bear to lift up my mood as I was having blues that day. I still remember the aroma of the teddy when I freshly unboxed it. It cheered me up so good that I started keeping it besides my pillow every night when I would go to sleep. I even had a small pillow made just for it. I really got attached to it, always kept it close to me, wouldn’t even share it with my younger sister. It went on till I was 10 or 11 y/o, I guess. After that I didn’t have anything for a while, but then came iPod shuffle, that small pen drive looking thing. I could just listen to the music all day everyday with it. Even brought it to school and listened to it secretly during classes. That time was surely crazy. 😜 Then one day it got stolen from my school bag, couldn’t complain to anyone because then there would be questions that would be asked like “Why did I even bring that to school in the first place?”. So yeah that was the end of it, my parents still think I have it with me but don’t use it (could you guys keep it a secret? Lol).

Then I got attached to smartphones like many of you, a lot of devices came and went but those are not interesting stories. So, let me tell you about my current love affair “Guitars”. When I got a job, I thought why not spend a part of my salary to pursue a hobby that I so longed for. And in addition to that I had money that I had earned so no parent of mine was going to stop me from making an impulsive decision to buy a brand-new guitar. It has been almost 3 years now and I have changed 2 guitars till now and each one of them weren’t kept in a case but were kept on my bed, beside me. I wake up, hum a song and strum along, even after writing this thread I’m going to play it. I only let some selected people play it and if someone’s going to break its strings then it better be me. 😜
    Images are attached below of the things I was/am in love with. ❤️

IMG_20200701_175311_001.jpg

IMG_20200701_175808_001.jpg

shuffle.0.0.jpg

So, this was my story and now it's your turn to keep the promise you made. Take a trip down memory lane, savour nostalgia and share with us your sweet stories both in pictures and text.

It's time to re-ignite the love you once had. 😍

I cannot wait to read your stories.

And finally, I would like to thank the members of the Writers’ Club for hearing out my ideas and giving me a chance to write this thread.

2. Starcommander
    Lollipop Jul 3, 2020

Starcommander , Jul 3, 2020 :
    @Batman360 I think we were twins before..
    Exactly when I was 6-7 years old, I was in love with my Teddy. I used to make a bed for her. We slept together too (me and teddy).
    Then I got the transcend MP650.
    I can't explain how much I loved it. 🥺
    images (16).jpeg
    I remember I used this music player during train journey. When I was bored, I used to listen to FM radio and if my favourite song would play, I used to record it too.
    Playing those recordings, waiting for FM to play my favourite songs is something the new gen kids will never understand.
    I used it from 2007 to 2010, when one day it suddenly stopped turning on. I cried and cried. It felt like I lost someone special. Dad gifted me another music player. Phillips GoGear Raga
    images (17).jpeg
    However this couldn't replace my transcend MP650. I still have this working.
    My wounds healed when finally I met my best buddy
    Samsung Corby Gts3653.
    images (18).jpeg
    Corby was my friend from 2011 to 2013 when finally I got my first smartphone. There are so many products in the list but these 2 are close to my heart.

Even after 12 years I am still in search of transcend MP650. I wish I can fix him soon...

Last edited: Jul 3, 2020

3. luigimario
    The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Jul 3, 2020

luigimario , Jul 3, 2020 :
    Sorry, we aren't taking reservations this weekend. Walk-ins only.

4. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016 Jul 3, 2020

5. Mr. BG
    Marshmallow Jul 3, 2020

Mr. BG , Jul 3, 2020 :
    Well, once it got more affordable I bought my dream car..

A 2002 silver Saab 9-5 Aero Estate, 250Hp In the exact spec I wanted :)

7CA14970-85B5-411C-A02F-A0829B6EED71.jpeg

It was awesome, quick, roomy and quite a looker, considering its and Estate car, practicality and luxury.

I had it for quite some time, but sold it last year as I got a new job, including a nice lease car, another dream, a blue Tesla model 3.

[​IMG]

It's great too, but the boys (and I) still miss the old Saab, we've seen almost all of Europe with that car, it never let me down.

They cried when the new owner drove off with the Saab, and I too had to hold back the tears.

Edit: one other thing I really missed was my good old iPod.

I had a white one for many, many years, bought it just before the black version came out and sold it later.
    [​IMG]
    Now look what a good friend of mine got me as a present :) just needs a new battery which I already ordered...

Last edited: Jul 3, 2020

dan_0272, msheu, buntycubal and 15 others like this.
  6. Starcommander
    Lollipop Jul 3, 2020

Done

7. Starcommander
    Lollipop Jul 3, 2020

😂😂😂 I thought people would love reservations after month long of take aways:p

8. Mr. BG
    Marshmallow Jul 3, 2020

Mr. BG , Jul 3, 2020 :
    [​IMG]

9. luigimario
    The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Jul 3, 2020

luigimario , Jul 3, 2020 :
    Heck no! I'm not dining in anywhere!! :eek:

Mr. BG, Bouncer71, Batman360 and 5 others like this.
  10. IamIRONSman
    Honeycomb Jul 3, 2020

IamIRONSman , Jul 3, 2020 :
    My OG Gameboy which I still have, bought by my parents in the early '90s with Pokemon Red and Blue.
    upload_2020-7-3_16-45-28.jpeg upload_2020-7-3_16-46-8.jpeg upload_2020-7-3_16-46-46.jpeg

I think I was 8 or 9 when I got it and I just couldn't put it down I was instantly hooked and went through quite a few AA batteries to power that "state of the art" screen. Nothing quite like immersing yourself in something you can take anywhere which is probably why my phone is an extension of my own hand.

Needless to say, as I have got older this still applies and my Nintendo Switch goes most places with me especially when I commute to work and Pokemon has me hooked again too.

And this little sprite may just end up as part of my next tattoo:

upload_2020-7-3_16-48-16.jpeg

dan_0272, Dunnow, buntycubal and 12 others like this.
  11. SeanPlus
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 3, 2020

SeanPlus , Jul 3, 2020 :
    I have some really holey underpants, held together by a thread, that my girlfriend keeps begging me to throw away but I refuse to because they're my emergency pants if all my others are in the wash pile. Does that count?

I'd have uploaded a photo for you all to see, but I'm on the road.

12. SJBoss
    Lollipop Jul 3, 2020

SJBoss , Jul 3, 2020 :
    that's too much details, Just keep the rest of it to yourself. :rolleyes:

13. Starcommander
    Lollipop Jul 3, 2020

I was too young (6) back then to be corrupted by your thoughts:p

14. Sandrine5T
    Gingerbread Jul 3, 2020

15. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Jul 3, 2020

G_plusone , Jul 3, 2020 :
    Well something that I love very much was a 8 bit console I got near my birthday
    images (14).jpg

I played 5 years with it.
    me and one of my best friends got it. We tried to explore those 9999999999 games. Sadly got Dissapointed :p .We used to take ours to the other's home and play non-stop changing Power adapters every couple of hours. I misplaced it when we moved to a different place and missed it. I thought it was still there at our old house. But sadly when we went back it wasn't there I searched for quite some time.

Something else I miss would be my bicycle. It was gifted to a relative kid when I moved out for college. I even thought of getting it back from him. But could never get to ask him. I still wish I could have both of them again.

16. Swatiranjan
    Jelly Bean Jul 3, 2020

17. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer Jul 3, 2020

YRJ , Jul 3, 2020 :
    Congratulations on the thread, @Batman360 it's a great idea :cool:

I do agree we all have that one special thing that we cannot part with. I have it too.
    Love would be a strong word as I have gotten attached to it only recently but it has become almost an inseparable accessory. Apart from my phone that's more or less omnipresent, the BW2 can always be found resting around my neck.

I haven't always been a fan of TWS buds, partly because of the reduced battery life and the ever prevailing fear of losing them. But lately, I have been attracted to that category after a lot new compelling product that have been launched. I'm considering the OPPO Enco W1 and I plan to use them until OnePlus releases its iteration of TWS buds.

But for now BW2 it is :D

Here's a couple pics :p

1036901-ac6ce223b007ae51def45e4d93cd8cab.jpeg

1036884-e18bb86102568c668ec5ba40d0bf4f7a.jpeg

18. fragargon
    Jelly Bean Jul 3, 2020

fragargon , Jul 3, 2020 :
    Hi @Batman360 Indeed that's a fact, we all have some love for object, unliving things.
    This is not original but first object comes to my mind is my handset, my precious.
    It comes every where i go, exept the shower even if it is ip67 certified.
    so when i read this:

I though that

ImDone.gif

There is an other object I'm closely tigh with is my motocycle.
    That's a while I'm Riding bikes. There is plenty things coming around the Bike's world

ktm.jpg

It drove me to unbelievable places through unforgettable holidays with good friends.
    Here is a pic from last year holiday through "la route des grandes alpes"

ktm1.jpg

That's my 4th's dimension world.

19. Mr. BG
    Marshmallow Jul 3, 2020

Mr. BG , Jul 3, 2020 :
    Innocence, crushed, once more...

Do not be corrupted by that filthy piece of something something :cool:

20. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Jul 3, 2020

G_plusone , Jul 3, 2020 :
    Fancy pin set ;)