[Hello Weekend!] Old phones collection

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BeingIncog
    Nougat May 9, 2020

BeingIncog , May 9, 2020 :
    true... More Than Your Eyes Can See!!!

B.I.T.S., dashxdot and Dresa91 like this.
  2. Helder_DAlmeida , via OnePlus 7T Glacier Blue , May 9, 2020 :
    I liked this idea of taking a "trip to the past" on my cell phones. As the first ones are evident, I no longer have them so I researched and obtained the respective images. All awesome phones! I highlight Alcatel because it was my 1st mobile phone in 1998. I would like to highlight something that I find to be incredible that I never had a single Nokia! lol [e]1f602[/e] later in the photo that I post are the most recent and that i still keep (there is the exception of one who went to dive on the beach and never came back lol [e]1f602[/e]). Also missing is the OnePlus 6T which is my wife who uses it. My daily driver is taking the picture, OnePlus 7T. Thank you friend @Cheetosdust for providing this "time travel!"

1589042499564.jpg

1589042505851.jpg

1589042513458.jpg

1589042517255.jpg

1589042526171.jpg

B.I.T.S., YRJ, G_plusone and 2 others like this.
  3. otto2
    Photography Expert May 9, 2020

otto2 , May 9, 2020 :
    Hello @B.I.T.S.
    Sorry, have to search for all that Devices, but the two very first mobile phones i got right here under my desk.
    And be assured-they re older than 2 years.
    Maybe older than some of the users here in the community?
    So, let s have a look:

My very first mobile phone, a so called "Porty" for portable Phone, a Motorola International 1000, one of the first GSM phones available in Germany, unfortunately not able to send and receive SMS, but you could either carry it in this frame, or put it in a special car holder. I got both here.The second one, in Germany called "Handy", because you can carry it easily in your hand- an Ascom crystal. This one could also send and receive SMS.

IMG_20200509_183221_001.jpg

IMG_20200509_183210_001.jpg

Both phones are still working, they re using GSM 800 MHz frequencies. Ok, Not sure if our New sim cards would work and if networks will accept them, since some carriers might have stopped compatibility to 1G Devices.

B.I.T.S., YRJ, Cheetosdust and 3 others like this.
  4. Bidyasagar30
    Eclair May 9, 2020

B.I.T.S., YRJ, Cheetosdust and 2 others like this.
  5. G_plusone
    Nougat May 9, 2020

G_plusone , May 9, 2020 :
    It wasn't about the device man :oops:
    That's nice :)

B.I.T.S., BobbyV8_ and Cheetosdust like this.
  6. UltimateThorn
    Gingerbread May 9, 2020

UltimateThorn , via OnePlus 7 Pro , May 9, 2020 :
    1589075309488.jpg

This collage is only 15 of the maybe 35-40 (possibly more) phones I've had in the last decade. It originally began with the Kyocera cyclops, Nokia 5310, wildcard and lg rumor 2, my first smart phone being the rumor touch followed by the samsung remaster. Things moved up after that with the amazing HTC one m7, LG g2, Oneplus one, huawei honor 8, ZTE Axon 7, nexus 6p, Nexbit Robin, moto X Pure Edition, Oneplus x, Samsung S8, Oneplus 5, Moto g5s plus, LG G4, LG V20, LG V6, Oneplus 6, Pixel 2 XL, Oneplus 6T, Moto X4 and finally my 2 current Daily Drivers being the Pixel 3 and the Oneplus 7 Pro.

There are many more that weren't included in the photos because the limit is 15 pics for stitching. But hopefully I laid it out in the description.
    1589043509914.jpg

Last edited: May 10, 2020

7. Wonderwoman13
    KitKat May 9, 2020

Wonderwoman13 , May 9, 2020 :
    I'm late to the party, sigh.:rolleyes:
    And unfortunately I don't have my old phones.:( One or two that I had...I can't find themmmmm! Damn it.:oops:

Here are my list of old but gold phones.:D
    1. Nokia 1100
    images (91).jpeg
    This was my first ever phone! I had it when I was in 4 or 5th grade in school I suppose. I was only allowed to send just a few SMSes on it, that's it.:rolleyes:

2. Nokia N73
    images (93).jpeg
    This was my first ever camera phone and my first ever phone with an internet connection.:D
    I had it when I was in 6th-7th grade. It was my dad's at first, but I got it later. I swear, the camera quality of this phone was superb back then! And trust me, I had more of, all of my friend's pictures in this than mine.:rolleyes:o_O

3. Micromax X505 psych.
    micromax-x505.jpg
    This was my first ever touchscreen phone! And this phone was craaaazy (indeed a psycho_O)! I mean, this phone's touchscreen only worked when it was with me and never worked when friends used it. And I had to use fingernails to type on it...NOT FINGER, JUST THE FINGERNAILS (it was of first gen touchscreen ig). Aaaand later, I lost count on the amount of scratches it had on the screen.:rolleyes:
    Had this phone when I was in 10th grade.

4. Micromax canvas 2
    images (92).jpeg
    I had fell in love with this phone! It was a power-packed phone of those times. It was huge and pretty! And shh, here's a secret from me...I loved those thick bezels on it and I loved to flaunt it!:oops:(No, seriously..I'm not even kidding. Really!:rolleyes:)
    And it had the LED notification too. Total love!:D
    Used it for nice 3years.:D

5. Samsung galaxy E5
    images (94).jpeg
    This was my previous phone before taking a plunge on OnePlus and I used it for 3years, again.:D

6. OnePlus 6T
    This is my current phone, and I'll be rocking it for perhaps, more 1-2years for sure.:D
    (I'm not a person who changes phones every 6months or a year. I usually get veryyy attached to my phone so I like to keep them for a longer period:D)

Edit-
    I used nokia asha 200 too, as my secondary phone for so many years.
    images (95).jpeg

Last edited: May 9, 2020

8. G_plusone
    Nougat May 9, 2020

Memory full :p
    Resistive touch screens
    :D
    Nice collection

9. Wonderwoman13
    KitKat May 9, 2020

Wonderwoman13 , May 9, 2020 :
    Hahaha...ALWAYS:rolleyes::p. and most were just coz of some spam or stupid company msgs.:rolleyes:
    Ahhh YESSSS!:D Those resistive touchscreen phones of those times. Typing was such a pain.:rolleyes:
    thankyouuu!:D

10. Kleb32
    Gingerbread May 9, 2020

B.I.T.S. and G_plusone like this.
  11. G_plusone
    Nougat May 9, 2020

Ahh yes the constant need to delete messages :D
    Yes they were,
    Hurting our hands :p

:D

I saw some Blackberries in the thread

12. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert May 9, 2020

Cheetosdust , May 9, 2020 :
    Ohhhhh, putting the smart in smartphone, I see. :p

Perhaps it was a feature? :D

You loved to flaunt your Micromax thick bezels?

[​IMG]

:rolleyes::D

B.I.T.S., Wonderwoman13, YRJ and 3 others like this.
  13. nmatheis
    US Brand Ambassador May 9, 2020

nmatheis , May 9, 2020 :
    First phone was... Motorola Star TAC
    [​IMG]

Second phone was... Motorola Razr
    [​IMG]

After that I used iPhone 3G, 4S, and 5S
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    After that run, I got tired of my phone feeling so locked down (especially after my employer's bring your own device program kicked me off their network for jailbreaking my iPhone 5S, lol) and gave up on iOS...

My first Android phone was Moto X Pure white with bamboo back. It looked sooooo good, but performance was not so good - especially battery life...
    [​IMG]

Not too long after I bought, some creep stole the phone at our local Science Museum. In searching around for a new phone, I came across the OnePlus 3 and thought it looked great for the price. I remembered some friends being super impressed with OnePlus One when it came out, so I decided to buy the OP3 and haven't looked back!
    [​IMG]

My next OnePlus before the 2018 cutoff was OP5 which was certainly lighter and faster than my OP3, but man do I love the way the older OP3 looks...
    [​IMG]

That's my phone journey up to 2018. Kinda fun to look back...

B.I.T.S., YRJ, Cheetosdust and 3 others like this.
  14. G_plusone
    Nougat May 9, 2020

Thanks you guys it is a nice and different collection :)

15. parag265
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 9, 2020

B.I.T.S., G_plusone and Dresa91 like this.
  16. femiuex
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 10, 2020

femiuex , May 10, 2020 :
    So glad this topic came up, lots of mixed emotions with my previous phones. And each of them was dear to me as I went through different phases of my life.

My first ever device was not a phone. It was a pager. This may seem "meh" nowadays but it was very useful to me during those times. It was not one way communication as I could text back.

Here are my communication gadgets ordered chronologically, from past to present.

Motorola Advisor (Pager)

motorola-advisor.jpeg

(Generic Pic Taken Off The Web)

This here device helped my sneak into my girlfriend's house many times was also handy for my mates to send me a quick message, so I could either call them up on their house phone (or land line). During this time, mobile phones were the really big ones and were super expensive.

Motorola Advisor II

For the same reasons as above. Had to get a new one as I dropped the previous pager into a storm drain while leaving my girlfriend's house one night.

Motorola Microtac II

microtac2-resized.jpg

This was my first ever mobile phone which I bought myself.
    My friends all bought one. This was the time where cybercafes sprouted and we would all hang out.

Motorola Startac 130

startac-02.jpg

This was the apple of my eye and I have to save up a long time to get this one.
    Got bored of the Microtac as everyone else were using the exact same phone. If I remember correctly, it was in 1997. Can't keep my eyes of this clamshell beauty.
    This device met an unfortunate end as I launched it from a hotel balcony out of frustration after an argument. Yes, I still remember that day when I picked up the remnants right after I realized what I did.

Nokia 5110

Nokia5110.jpg

After my phone launching incident, I knew I had to find a replacement. Something that could withstand hard impacts.
    So, I got THE Nokia 5110. This thing was a workhorse. It needs no pampering. Straight up business.
    The battery could last nearly a week and most important of all, it had "Snake" on it.
    My friends also jumped onboard the Nokia craze and we would challenge each others high scores.
    I even bought a second one just for backup. The prices for these phones were really affordable.

Ericsson T39M

This phone was a gift from my late uncle. He upgraded to a better phone and he gave me this. It turned out to be his last gift to me as he passed away soon after. I used it from time to time but I prefer to use my Nokia 5110 as this Ericsson was dear to me. So it spent most of it's time in a drawer.

Motorola Razr v3

motorola-razr-v3.jpg

I could not get over the untimely loss of my previous Startac so I went ahead and bought this when it became available. This to me was an improved version in many ways - the colour screen, polyphonic ringtones etc.
    The clamshell design just appeals to me.
    I was pretty much happy with this phone until I got robbed just 100 metres from my house. I still remember 4-5 motorcycles with 8 guys armed with knives. Took everything I had even my house keys.

Blackberry 8100 Pearl / Blackberry 8900 Curve / Blackberry 9800 Torch / Blackberry Playbook

BlackBerry-8100.jpg blackberry-curve-8900.jpg blackberry-9800.jpg
    (Generic Pics Taken Off The Web)

Started to work with enterprise solutions and Blackberry's were mandatory.
    These were given for work purposes.
    The Blackberry Playbook was given as a parting gift from my employer but about 2 years later was stolen after my house was broken into.

Samsung Galaxy S2

Bought this as my personal phone when I was still working with Blackberry enterprise solutions. I just had to have android.
    The S2 later died of mysterious causes. It just would not boot up one day after 6 years.
    It could not be charged no matter what.

Samsung Galaxy Grand 2

This was to replace the Galaxy S2. This here device had to be replaced as it had very low internal memory and later died the same way the S2 did.

Oneplus 7

My first ever Oneplus device. Pretty impressed with the lightness and speed. Bought it after extensive research.
    This was bought to replace my Galaxy Grand 2 because - it would not boot up one fine day. Is this a thing about Samsungs?

Picture Of My Tiny Museum

phones-resized.png

Not many are left in my possession. Maybe the pagers, Nokias and Motorolas are still over at my parents' place.
    So that's my story behind my communications gadgets.

17. kroxkr
    Eclair May 10, 2020

kroxkr , via OnePlus 5T , May 10, 2020 :
    nokia 6020, Nokia 2626,nokia N72,Samsung Corby Pro or something (with slide out keyboard, Micromax canvas 4, Legendary Motorola Milestone XT 720, Karbonn something, Xolo Q600, Nokia Lumia 520, Coolpad Note 3 Lite, OnePlus One, OnePlus 5T, OnePlus 6, Apple iPod Nano (Gen1), Bullets wireless 2.

AWOL- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4, Nokia 6.1 Plus, Asus Zenfone 3, Sony Ericsson F305, OnePlus 3T.

arsenal 💯
    1589077823034.jpg

18. Praveen.b
    Donut May 10, 2020

B.I.T.S., Dresa91 and G_plusone like this.

19. B.I.T.S., G_plusone and Dresa91 like this.