[Hello Weekend!] Tag and make someone smile

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. B.I.T.S.
    User of the Year 2019 Jun 26, 2020

B.I.T.S. , Jun 26, 2020 :
    Hello Weekend.png

Welcome back to another weekend everyone!

Wait, is it Friday, again? Time flies, and it slips between our fingers when we try to trap it. We can't stop time, but we can do something else: we can make someone smile. How does it sound? Better than stopping time, I know. :cool:

This weekend you will have to review a user. No, not like "he/she has clicky buttons" or "he/she has cool cameras". You have to do this: close your eyes, think about a user, tag him/her, and write something about that person. While thinking and remembering that person, you can ask yourself these questions:

• What was the first time you met him/her?
    • What was your initial opinion about him/her? Has that changed with time?
    • Is there a memory you have of the forums where that person was present?
    • Do you have a passion or interest you both share that made you connect?

I’m sure that you thought about tagging more than one member since the forums are so amazing connecting people from all corners of the world, so feel free to address as many users as you can remember. To keep it special for everyone, mention a member per post. Please keep in mind that it is weekend, so be considerate when tagging Moderators and Staff Members.

Don’t forget that this thread is not to judge or spread any kind of disrespect or hate, but a fun place for everyone to enjoy discovering more about others and building new connections! Now that you know what this thread is about, you have the whole weekend to remember all the members who are special to you. Now it's time to share stories and enjoy reading others.

Take care and have an awesome weekend everyone!

2. JustASoftwareEngineer
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 26, 2020

JustASoftwareEngineer , Jun 26, 2020 :
    *I'm placing multiple posts in this one post as to not spam the thread, please accept my beautiful layout as a consolation to the rule.

@Black Forest Ham .

What was the first time you met him/her?

At the OEF.

What was your initial opinion about him/her? Has that changed with time?

Thought he was a cool dude.

Is there a memory you have of the forums where that person was present?

The OEF.

Do you have a passion or interest you both share that made you connect?

Technology, OnePlus, photography!

@Artemus.

What was the first time you met him/her?

We were on the trading floor of the New York stock exchange (NYSE) in August of 2017. He handed me a post it note that read "AAPL July 9 2020 CALL $450" and winked at me. I proceeded to tell him "That is a dumb options trading idea, AAPL is already way over-valued", to which he replied "bet." All of the sudden, @Pete walked onto the trading floor wearing a money-printed four piece suit, and bought me a shot of Goldschläger. @Carl was also there, but he seemed more interested in ringing the bell, despite NYSE officials telling him explicitly "Carl, you do not belong to a company that is publicly traded, thus you cannot ring that bell." @Carl was so clearly disappointed, you could see the tears forming in his eyes.

What was your initial opinion about him/her? Has that changed with time?

Thought he was a cool dude.

We are definitely both present, responding in the most concise and blunt way to mostly questions which seem to have been asked by someone who doesn't know Google exists, for example: "How do I iMessage on Android?"

Do you have a passion or interest you both share that made you connect?

OnePlus

@Dresa91 (dresa is amazing, this is a joke.)
    Not even going to answer the questions for you, bud. I'm not convinced you're a real person who actually reads my posts, I think you're a bot commissioned by @dsmonteiro to auto-like everyone's posts, and occasionally post human-sounding commentary in order to give people the illusion that people like what they share. I struggle a lot with anxiety about the likes I might get on Instagram or Twitter, I had a pretty rough time in High School, so some of my friends might get 1000 likes on their pictures, I get like 13.. I am convinced @Dresa91 is a bot to prevent people from feeling like how I feel on Instagram or Twitter, but on this wonderful OnePlus community forum.

@Zach X.
    Cool dude, didn't like my father's day contest post.(yet) Consistently arranges awesome contests that not only generate content for the forum, but also create an unmatched community dynamic when looking at any other phone manufacturer.

@MosheG1 @B.I.T.S. @otto2 @script @SoniaB True MVPs of this forum.

If I'm forgetting your name, send me a PM with you answering the questions on my behalf (because I'm lazy, but mostly because it'll be funny), and I'll add it to the post. (lmao @Cheetosdust)

Last edited: Jun 28, 2020

3. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Jun 26, 2020

Cheetosdust , Jun 26, 2020 :
    @B.I.T.S. Hello, hope you are doing great these days. Thank you very much for this thread, I can feel all the love you put into it and the result is perfect. :)

My first tag (the order is not by importance, is just, well, a order, hah) - well, other than @B.I.T.S., very funny - is @Shivang Joshi - or Joshini! :cool:

I don't know exactly when I met him, but I know I do miss him a lot. His talent in writing and in photography is equaled by his love in everything he does. Not only that, my favorite chameleon also has a huge heart, and he's 100% there whenever life allows it.

I remember, many many many months, our afternoons here on the forums. And I remember them because of his kindness, of his care and of his respect for everyone. We joked and joked and joked, forming a bond that won't ever be lost. I know he is busy, but I do remember and miss him a lot.

If you see him around, say hello and you will make a great friend for life. We do have passions and interests in common, all united by tech. But I don't feel tech brought us closer. Tech made us meet, but our personalities brought us closer. I love, respect and admire him like a brother.

I hope you and yours are doing great, wishing you all the best and sending you my love.

PS: Just perhaps stop shooting pigeons. I mean, give them a chance. Elise misses you too. :D:p

[@JustASoftwareEngineer, your messages are perfect, but perhaps divide them and tag a person per post, like it's mentioned on the opening message. That way you'll make each of your mentions even more special ;)]

4. MosheG1
    The Lab - OnePlus 8 Pro Reviewer Jun 26, 2020

MosheG1 , Jun 26, 2020 :
    What was the first time you met him/her? I met @Starcommander in wormhole! The best thread on the forums!

•What was your initial opinion about him/her? I liked him very much! He was really helpful (even for us "cupcakes" at the time) •Has that changed with time?
    not at all!

Sure! He was my first dm as i didn't know the rules of the forums and how it worked and he went out of his way to help explain it to me! •Do you have a passion or interest you both share that made you connect?

OnePlus, technology, WORMHOLE!!!

5. Starcommander
    Lollipop Jun 26, 2020

Starcommander , Jun 26, 2020 :
    Awwwww MosheG1 you are so sweet my friend. Thank you. This tag indeed brought a smile on my face.

6. MosheG1

MosheG1 , Jun 26, 2020 :
    Yay! You are the best! Never forget it!

7. Starcommander
    Lollipop Jun 26, 2020

Starcommander , Jun 26, 2020 :
    This thread is so amazing and also I have so many to tag.
    @YRJ @Dresa91 @Wonderwoman13
    And of course you @B.I.T.S. @G_plusone so many good old days.

YRJ, Venky61, buntycubal and 12 others like this.
  8. Starcommander
    Lollipop Jun 26, 2020

9. JustASoftwareEngineer
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 26, 2020

10. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016 Jun 26, 2020

Dresa91 , Jun 26, 2020 :
    No, haha :D I am not :p haha :D

awwww:)
    thanks for the tag:)
    You're the best friend a guy could ever have:)

Thanks @B.I.T.S., this is such a lovely thread and idea!:)
    There are so many I want to tag and I want to thank:)
    @Cheetosdust, @Batman360, @Starcommander, @MosheG1, @G_plusone, @the_o2, @B.I.T.S., @Wonderwoman13,@LightningXIII, @SoniaB,.... OMG.. I have such a long list... I have to tag soo many people... But I can't :(
    You all - the people I tagged and I did not tag - make me smile every day and make this forum a better and a great place!! Thanks for being here:)

Smit Purohit, YRJ, Venky61 and 21 others like this.
  11. MosheG1

MosheG1 , Jun 26, 2020 :
    And you make us too! I wouldn't be surprised if my first reply was you saying good morning! [e]1f602[/e]

12. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Jun 26, 2020

G_plusone , Jun 26, 2020 :
    You guys ಥ‿ಥ
    Thanks so much

13. camohan
    Marshmallow Moderator Jun 26, 2020

camohan , Jun 26, 2020 :
    Nice thread.
    Thanks for the tag @Starcommander.

The only person that comes to my mind now is my boss, cz I have so much to complete. :mad::confused::confused:

I will tag as per the requirement of the thread later...?
    Oh ya don't forget to tag me.

14. Dresa91

Dresa91 , Jun 26, 2020 :
    thanks you!:)

:)

15. Batman360
    Lollipop Jun 26, 2020

Batman360 , Jun 26, 2020 :
    @B.I.T.S. such a lovely thread🤗🤗

Thanks alot for the tag @Dresa91 my Blue Brother 💙.
    The more the talk about you, it will always be less. Such a kind soul you are 😊 Thanks for all the goodmorning/goodevening/gooodnight wishes, thanks for liking all the comments first, thanks for correcting the mistakes of mine in the game (I still remember you got pissed when I edited my comment in that game 😂😂).
    God bless you man!! Seriously! 😊😄
    And goodevening to you 🤗😉
    🍻 to the 💙 Brothers 😊😉

16. jlasensiofi
    KitKat Jun 26, 2020

17. Dresa91

Dresa91 , Jun 26, 2020 :
    :p
    haha thank you:)
    blue brother in my heart 💙💙💙

18. Batman360
    Lollipop Jun 26, 2020

Batman360 , Jun 26, 2020 :
    😊💙🤗

19. the_o2
    User of the Year 2018 Jun 26, 2020

the_o2 , Jun 26, 2020 :
    I always feel privileged when someone tags me in something like this thread, I am smiling while writing :)

Dresa you are awesome man I still remember when I first visited the WoHo you and Cheetos interacted me like you guys know me from long.

As you said there is long list to tag..

20. Dresa91

Dresa91 , Jun 26, 2020 :
    💙😊

:) :) :)

yeah..long list...sorry to those I forgot:(