[Hello Weekend!] What's Your Quarantine Skill?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luxuskamel
    Lollipop Jun 5, 2020

luxuskamel , Jun 5, 2020 :
    Quarantine skill.png

Hey everyone!

It's weekend again, that means your long awaited [Hello Weekend!] thread is here! This time, we're inviting you to tell us about everything you did in the last few months:

What's Your Quarantine Skill?

Quarantine Skill:
    Something that you learned in quarantine, that you wouldn't have learned regularly in this time frame. It can be anything: a hobby, knowledge, art, cooking, sports or a new language...

For me it was those two things:
    • I learned to do a wheelie on my bicycle and spent almost every day more than one hour training. In the beginning even 5 meter were barely possible but I ended up with a high score of more than 700m. In quarantine everything is possible ^^
    • Can you show me Illinois on a map? In school I didn't learn the states of America so I decided to learn them now. I found this game very helpful: Find the states
      You should also try this advanced version without outlines. It's really fun if the first one is too easy
      Let me know how fast you can do it :)

I'm excited to read from you and most important: Getting inspired ;)

2. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Jun 5, 2020

Stickied Post
    dsmonteiro , Jun 5, 2020 :
    Hi everyone,

Today, we have a guest writer hosting the Hello Weekend! thread. We're thrilled to see more and more people reaching out with topics to write as part of our Writers' Club program. If you have cool topics to share, feel free to reach out! We look forward to seeing your ideas come to life.

3. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer Jun 5, 2020

YRJ , Jun 5, 2020 :
    Heya @luxuskamel ,

Congratulations on the thread and such a great idea. Very neatly presented.

As for my skills, I put in lot of hours to polish my cooking skills. I still mess up sometimes but I'm happy with what I can make. It's a very satisfying and delicious activity. :D

Edit: oh! and I forgot to mention that wheelie is veery cool :cool:
    Aim for 1 kilometer next time :D

Last edited: Jun 5, 2020

TDarwald, raise snow, script and 15 others like this.
  4. dsmonteiro

Quarantine hasn't changed my day-to-day that much, so I'm sorry to say, but I still have the same skills as before. Unless you consider putting up some weight a skill... :oops:

suhantm, Trista W., script and 19 others like this.
  5. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016 Jun 5, 2020

Dresa91 , Jun 5, 2020 :
    congrats @luxuskamel for hosting this cool thread:)
    Actually I did not really learn anything in that time :D

Only how important family and time in general is:)

6. B.I.T.S.
    User of the Year 2019 Jun 5, 2020

B.I.T.S. , Jun 5, 2020 :
    Congrats fancy camel @luxuskamel!!

Great idea you had to be materialized in the "Hello Weekend!" fun.

Your bike skill is really impressive. I'm afraid I didn't learn anything spectacular during these days, just some tiny bits of new knowledge here and there mostly related with quantum physics and black holes. Who nerd? Me? No... No, no, no, no :p

Don't forget your beard!! :cool:

7. MosheG1
    The Lab - OnePlus 8 Pro Reviewer Jun 5, 2020

MosheG1 , Jun 5, 2020 :
    @luxuskamel I don't know if I've picked up any particular skill... not killing my siblings and having self restraint when they annoy me to death now that I'm stuck at home comes to mind, but I don't think that's what you meant [e]1f602[/e]

I did learn basic Photoshop and how to take better pictures!
    one word... "BEARD"

8. B.I.T.S.
    User of the Year 2019 Jun 5, 2020

B.I.T.S. , Jun 5, 2020 :
    That's indeed a skill!! :cool: Even a better one than Photoshop :D

9. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016 Jun 5, 2020

10. MosheG1
    The Lab - OnePlus 8 Pro Reviewer Jun 5, 2020

MosheG1 , Jun 5, 2020 :
    haha why thank you! my mom definitely appreciates it too!

11. harshil1903
    Jelly Bean Jun 5, 2020

12. A_rose_by_any_other_name
    Froyo Jun 5, 2020

A_rose_by_any_other_name , Jun 5, 2020 :
    Very impressive bike skills 👌 Fortunately I've been able to work from home so quarantine has had no impact on me as I'm just working as normal, but that also means no extra time to learn new things etc so I'll be one of the most boring people at the end of all this 😂 The only thing I can say is I've picked up some random words and phrases in different languages but that's more a lucky side effect rather than intentional

13. Batman360
    Lollipop Jun 5, 2020

14. dsmonteiro

15. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Jun 5, 2020

Cheetosdust , Jun 5, 2020 :
    Hello my good man and congratulations on the thread, it was a great idea and an even better execution. :cool:

An awesome kamel doing a 700m wheelie? Damn, that sure is impressive. Now I've seen it all. :p

As for new skills I've learned during the quarantine, can't say that I did learn anything new. My job allows me to work from home, so that big part of my day-to-day life was not changed much. I considered "learning" how to do some bird watching, but I'm pretty sure that was a side effect of the quarantine, not a new skill because of the free time. :D

sommersy, script, Batman360 and 12 others like this.
  16. controlcrazy
    Gingerbread Jun 5, 2020

18. dsmonteiro

Cool, I'd love to know a bit more about what you've been up to! Any specific apps you use?

19. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Jun 5, 2020

20. omkarsawant594 , via OnePlus Community App , Jun 5, 2020 :
    Yes first thing i learn about it was Gcam.. I really found it amazing. I get to know about RAW photos, How to click them n how they are useful. For editing i use various apps such as snapseed and lightroom.