[Hello Weekend!] Without mentioning its name, what’s your favorite device?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Feb 22, 2021

theshinybeast , Feb 22, 2021 :
    Old geezers! That's what we are, proudly so.

Mr. BG, Bobbie63 and Cheetosdust like this.
  2. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Feb 22, 2021

Cheetosdust , Feb 22, 2021 :
    Indeed you are correct. @Mr. BG even created a very nice saferoom. And that was back in 2017. :D

3. NShankaraN
    Honeycomb Feb 22, 2021

NShankaraN , via OnePlus 5 , Feb 22, 2021 :
    Nice thread @Cheetosdust

Let me see if someone can guess my first favourite devise:

It was my first mobile phone
    It was from a collaboration of Japanese MM giant and a Network giant
    It was a music centric phone
    The series /model number mirrored James Bond's agent number
    To end 'i' loved it

Of course my current favourite devise is my signature

Cheetosdust likes this.
  4. sakthi94
    Cupcake Feb 22, 2021

5. ssagheer
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 22, 2021

ssagheer , Feb 22, 2021 :
    Oh, what could've been!!
    OnePlus just wants to reinvent the wheel with camera notches and fitness bands, instead of focusing on ideas that could be a major breakthrough in the next step in the evolution of smartphones.
    It would've enabled even animals to use a phone!

Bobbie63 likes this.
  6. derLenno
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Feb 22, 2021

derLenno , Feb 22, 2021 :
    Let's do this!

Mine is black, but other colors exist. It's not a phone, not a TV, not a car. In fact, it does not have a single display. You can use it anywhere, from your co-working space, to the toilet, even on public transport. However, I figure it's best used when you are alone or at a place where you are not interrupted so easily. Some might find it offensive, but its use has really become normal these days, even for mothers. Only one person can use it at a time, but it can be shared between you and the people you are near to with zero efforts. Can get a bit sweaty when using it for an extended period of time, especially in summer, but that's not an issue, since you can just wipe it dry again. Battery lasts around 10 hours if you have it in full power mode with all the fancy features enabled. I do not recommend that though, as you might get a slight headache after some time on highest penetration levels. 15 hours with moderate usage, that's definitely possible. Best thing and signature feature of the device: If you use it, it absolutely makes you forget the world around you exists. I've been using it for weeks now for stress relief, works wonders.

Oh, it does not vibrate ;)

Cheetosdust likes this.
  7. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Feb 22, 2021

Bobbie63 , Feb 22, 2021 :
    Yes, they simply refuse to apply the real good and innovative ideas, the whole DNA business on smartphones would have brought it up to the next level instead of all the Mickey Mouse stuf the do nowadays.

Oh well, their loss. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Feb 22, 2021

Shailender Sharma and ssagheer like this.
  8. ssagheer
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 22, 2021

ssagheer , Feb 22, 2021 :
    And they had the audacity to revert that super awesome boot animation!! That was the point when OnePlus went from being innovators to renovators.

Bobbie63 likes this.
  9. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Feb 22, 2021

Bobbie63 , Feb 22, 2021 :
    That was even worse.........that really pissed me off. The most beautiful, artistic and sensual boot animation ever..........and they just killed it. I should have opened a thread on that “save the boot animation”.:confused:

Edit: and also the alternative boot animations, the ones that people would wish for a boot loop? Oh, those were the days.

10. Mr. BG
    Community Hero 2020 Feb 22, 2021

Mr. BG , Feb 22, 2021 :
    We're predictable like that ;)

I agree with the Shiny one.

Won't make a habit of it... :D

Idiots have been with us forever..

It's just that they tend to multiply :rolleyes:

11. Nagarjuna913
    Donut Feb 22, 2021

12. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Feb 22, 2021

I sincerely hope this isn't going to become a habit!

Missb68 and Mr. BG like this.
  13. Mr. BG
    Community Hero 2020 Feb 22, 2021

Mr. BG , Feb 22, 2021 :
    Of course not you silly old bastard..

Missb68 and theshinybeast like this.
  14. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Feb 22, 2021

Phew! I was worried for a second, you auld aunt.:rolleyes:

Missb68 and Mr. BG like this.
  15. shahi14323
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 23, 2021

16. Missb68 likes this.
  17. SHYAM_MAWAL
    Cupcake Feb 23, 2021

SHYAM_MAWAL , via OnePlus Nord , Feb 23, 2021 :
    Your request was received and assigned following ID: 201114-001281. You can use this case ID for follow-up. We will reply as soon as we can, usually within 48 hours.
    Before 6 month i am compalint about Red Cable pro membership and still mail for waiting 48hrs very funny service from one plus brand is brand for hell services.

Hell Services

18. E1614082382418 , via OnePlus Community App , Feb 23, 2021 :
    Cutting your firewood is honest hard work and good exercise. No gym required. Fresh mountain air, combined with the odors of 2-stroke oil, sawdust, sweat... And sardines or smoked oysters for lunch.
    And the job isn't done. The wood still has to be loaded up, hauled home, be split and stacked, seasoned for 6 months before use in the winter. The tools, truck and stove all need to be maintained, repaired, tuned, sharpened, oiled, cleaned. Then the wood needs to be packed into the house all winter, several times a week.
    -Seems a lot easier to just use gas or electricity to heat a home, but where's the fun, exercise and adventure in that? Besides, there's often some good, heallthy food to be found in the woods, especially in the fall: A grouse, a deer during buck season, berries to pick, mushrooms to forage. And fresh cold, refreshing mountain spring water bubbling out of a bank.
    Bonus: No pesky cell service until I'm halfway down the mountain, headed home.

I have many favorite "devices". This was about just one of them that helps keeps me happy, healthy, and warm all winter.

Missb68 likes this.
  19. McElectric , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Feb 23, 2021 :
    Mine is a pretty new one. I've had a Bunch of🇺🇸 🚢📱!! Most of the came from a #2 🇰🇷cell phone company that is thinking about quitting the 📱 business!! However my Most Favorite piece of Technology is my 📱 but the ONE that is my PLUS in life that I Absolutely Love "8" times over is my PRO pick... Hope you get it..

Missb68 likes this.