Help and suggestions needed.

1. lakshaykapoor99
    Honeycomb Jan 5, 2018

lakshaykapoor99 , Jan 5, 2018 :
    Okay, so I'll explain my situation here.
    I updated to 5.0 through vpn. It had a lot of bugs.
    Videos won't play properly in gallery, battery life was a disaster.
    Camera was not good at all, etc etc.
    I read somewhere that if I clean flash the full rom, it'll be normal as some people said it was more than amazing for them!
    So I waited for 5.0.1.
    I downloaded the full rom(5.0.1) today from the pinned thread on official OTAs and ROM links since it wasn't available on OnePlus.net!
    Since there is no option in the stock recovery like twrp to wipe every thing except the internal storage and then install the rom (clean install), I had to just choose wipe everything option (factory reset I guess) and then installed the rom after transferring it into my op5.
    So idk if it counts as clean install or not. But I'm experiencing all the same issues, battery life is not normal at all.
    Videos still don't play in gallery and many more!
    Now should I revert back to nougat?
    Wait for 5.0.1 to get released on OnePlus.net?
    Also, is there any way to CLEAN FLASH the OOS ROM with the stock recovery?
    Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018

2. MrJaggerjack
    Honeycomb Jan 5, 2018

lakshaykapoor99 likes this.
  3. lakshaykapoor99
    Honeycomb Jan 5, 2018

umm did you read the thread bro? I am on 5.0.1

4. lakshaykapoor99
    Honeycomb Jan 5, 2018

edited what might've been misleading.

5. lakshaykapoor99
    Honeycomb Jan 5, 2018

6. lakshaykapoor99
    Honeycomb Jan 5, 2018

7. idkwhoiam322
    Nougat Jan 5, 2018

8. aboicu
    Gingerbread Jan 5, 2018

aboicu , Jan 5, 2018 :
    a rule: immediately after an update wipe cache from recovery and clear cached data from settings - storage& memory. You'll never face problems like this. This rule is applicable only if you are on stock oxygen OS and stock recovery.

9. NaiyerAsif
    Gingerbread Jan 5, 2018

NaiyerAsif , Jan 5, 2018 :
    I don't know how people are updating their phones these days. As a general rule, after a major update (like a jump from Nougat to Oreo), I reset my device (that's once a year). For other updates, I don't even clear my cache and still things remain smooth and calm.

What sort of videos aren't playing well? On my OP5, 1080p MP4s and MKVs are playing fine. Battery is as good as Nougat; perhaps better.

On a side note, Reset and clean install are Nuclear options. They aren't solutions to your troubles.

lakshaykapoor99 likes this.
  10. lakshaykapoor99
    Honeycomb Jan 5, 2018

11. lakshaykapoor99
    Honeycomb Jan 5, 2018

I just read in the forums and there was a lot of useless stuff on the storage too, so I decided to go with it, hoping that would fix the bugs!

12. lakshaykapoor99
    Honeycomb Jan 5, 2018

I reinstalled the whole rom package. So I guess that covers wiping data and cache.
    I even wiped cache after the installation.

13. lakshaykapoor99
    Honeycomb Jan 5, 2018

Any sort. Like WhatsApp videos are not playing well, they're freezing in between. (when played through the gallery)

14. biplabloveu
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 5, 2018

biplabloveu , Jan 5, 2018 :
    There are 3 ways.
    Use ADB. It just reflashes the whole phone. For more info visit the Oneplus site. Download exact things like drivers and roms and stuff. Minimal ADB would be good.
    Fastest process I think.

If you find the above process much difficult to continue but want a clean flash then follow these steps:
    Install the USB drivers of your phone and make sure if your phone connects with your PC via MTP while your phone is in normal condition, turned on and screen unlocked. If ok then good to go.
    1. Go to phone recovery.
    2. Format your phone including internal storage.
    3. Connect your phone to pc. Now you can see a MTP device is installing in your pc and when it finishes (2/3 secs) go to phone internal storage via This PC/My Computer. Copy the downloaded full ROM to your phone somewhere.
    4. Select install from the recovery menu in your phone. Head to that ROM file install.
    This is the faster way.

If you have problem accessing your PC then first install the ROM in your phone via recovery and then go back don't press reboot. And then format from recovery including internal. This is the slowest process.

If you have already tried this but still not fixed then remember there are several partitions in the memory block of your phone. In both method 2 and 3 your phone will just patch the positions with newer ones. If some awkard data is present there then in method 2 it can be cleaned up but in method 3 it will fail in some cases. So in the 2nd method success rate is high. 3 method is not so good.
    Go for 2nd for higher chances. One step wrong? No problem, just start over.
    If you use the first method then you can reflash your phone. Not patching those system images. So you can get true Oxygen OS experience. If there is some bug in the OS you'll face it but you'll not face any unnecessary bugs for sure.

15. Razvan B.
    Gingerbread Jan 5, 2018

smith.pranjul likes this.
  16. NaiyerAsif
    Gingerbread Jan 6, 2018

NaiyerAsif , Jan 6, 2018 :
    So this could be a problem with Gallery app. You should try playing those videos with other video players (e.g. VLC) and see if experience improves.

17. MJ_Vikram
    KitKat Jan 6, 2018

MJ_Vikram , Jan 6, 2018 :
    earase everything is in stock recovery use it..

18. lakshaykapoor99
    Honeycomb Jan 6, 2018

lakshaykapoor99 , Jan 6, 2018 :
    have used it but it does not erase system files. It just erases internal storage excluding the pre-installed rom/os.

19. Rajkumar_Pallerla
    Cupcake Mar 30, 2020

Rajkumar_Pallerla , via OnePlus 6T , Mar 30, 2020 :
    I feel it is too much for a mobile case priced at 1400rs in one plus store for karbon case of 6t model.

Why dont you think that no one who had brain would buy a mobile phone case at such high price that too for a 2 year old flag ship , why dont you think about this and reduce the price of them , i would like to buy if you arrange it for 400 rs or less other wise not.

Really bad that one plus is drinking a lot of money on very old back cases.
    This is really a bad experience for a customer, who really thinks that oneplus is a customer friendly company.