HELP!!! Desperate!! Mac can't sync with the One.

1. jaysmoke
    Gingerbread Sep 21, 2014

jaysmoke , Sep 21, 2014 :
    OK so I must say that the One is truly a great phone and I would really recommend it to anyone.........except if the person is a high end Mac user. Reason is very simple... android just doesn't communicate as effectively with a Mac as an iPhone does. And its really killing that that l might have to sell it. I know many of you reading are prolly PC users and so might not understand how frustrating it is to have such a great phone and not be able to simply plug it into your Mac and sync ur photos, messages, music, calendar, notes, music, contacts, ebooks etc.

It took me days to figure out just how to get my contacts from my macbook pro to my phone. But I can't find any system that will sync my music. I tried double twist but it's not seeing the phone? I tried android file transfer but that doesn't sync with iTunes. I tried Google play but they won't allow me to download it cuz of my location. And the only one that worked is iSyncr but that only does the first 100 songs and 1 playlist only. Also I didn't know Android doesn't have a default eBook reader? Coming from an iOS background I couldn't find any decent eBook reader, in the play store, similar to iBooks so I ended up just getting `ebooks reader` which doesn't come close to the experience u get using iBooks. I also can't find any way to sync my photos with iPhoto but luckily iPhoto can read from the device so I import from phone, iPhoto syncs to icloud n I can access it on other devices.

Its really a shame that u have to goto all these lengths just to find a convenient way to use this gorgeous phone. I was thinking that I wud sell my iPad n use the One but it seems like to benefit entirely from this mobile I need to get rid of all things Mac n replace em with window based prod.

Am terribly frustrated...what can I do? Great phone but terribly software is killing it. Can I get some help plssss!!!

newfguy likes this.
  2. minducanada
    Jelly Bean Sep 21, 2014

Oneyedmonkey and Enes_97 like this.
  3. newfguy
    Honeycomb Sep 21, 2014

newfguy , Sep 21, 2014 :
    No MAC compatibility?? That's a deal killer. Never Settle? for windows that is

maroofisonfire likes this.
  4. aspherical
    Jelly Bean Sep 21, 2014

aspherical , Sep 21, 2014 :
    I use an app to sync contacts and calendars from icloud without needing to connect to a computer. I use the Google play uploader to get my music into the Google cloud, so not sure what to tell you about that one.

For ebooks, I like the Amazon Kindle app.

5. svenroy
    Eclair Sep 21, 2014

svenroy , Sep 21, 2014 :
    Is this really a MAC issue or just the way Android is designed generally. I've been using an Android for a while now and I basically just copy my stuff through the file system. No syncing or nothing. iPhone/iPad have iTunes but Android doesn't have an official syncing mechanism (that i know of....i could be wrong)

6. SexAndManCity
    Honeycomb Sep 21, 2014

SexAndManCity , Sep 21, 2014 :
    It will be a shame, but you'll feel better once you've ditched the Mac!

I use an application called EasyPhoneSync to sync music from iTunes, app on PC, app on phone, not sure if there's a Mac version but it works a charm if there is.
    Surely your contacts are saved against a mail account?

It's a very different beast to an iPhone. You don't get backup essentially of an image of your phone.
    There are backup apps, but I've never needed them.
    Music via EasyPhoneSync; contacts, calendar, mail all via mail accounts and apps are in your Google Play account, just like iTunes. What more could you need??

ogriff likes this.
  7. Paper87
    Gingerbread Sep 21, 2014

Paper87 , Sep 21, 2014 :
    I think many people out there also faces this problem. i believe you could do some research out there. should be present:D

8. Aaahh
    Marshmallow Sep 21, 2014

9. mwebsterpgh
    KitKat Sep 21, 2014

mwebsterpgh , Sep 21, 2014 :
    EastPhoneSync will not transfer iTunes copyright songs that you bought off iTunes. Its very difficult to convert you're music iPhone to Android. Its best to do Spotify streaming.

10. SexAndManCity
    Honeycomb Sep 21, 2014

Who buys music through iTunes??? That's an easy way to make Apple even richer!
    What happened to borrowing from your friends like we all used to?

I get streaming for indoors etc. but unlimited data contracts are just that bit more expensive and I can't do that if I'm on the underground or anywhere else without a signal.

11. mwebsterpgh
    KitKat Sep 21, 2014

mwebsterpgh , Sep 21, 2014 :
    We just cannot borrow CDs. I know there are ways to get free music but buying thru iTunes or Google Music is my way of supporting the Artist.

12. punith
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 21, 2014

13. SexAndManCity
    Honeycomb Sep 21, 2014

I try not to be sceptical in life, but buying through Apple sees a huge percentage go straight to them and not the artist, they already have their deals with their labels. I like to think I support artists by going to gigs, but that probably gets swallowed up by venues and promoters too.

14. maurini
    Nougat Sep 21, 2014

maurini , Sep 21, 2014 :
    .... Apple strategy marketing... so we have to buy an orrible iPhone 6....
    Be tought!

15. bluecollardroid
    Gingerbread Sep 21, 2014

16. mahvi
    Jelly Bean Sep 21, 2014

mahvi , Sep 21, 2014 :
    @jaysmoke I am using the OPO on my MBP retina. PM me if you specific questions and I'll do my best to help.

melchiorsen, IWantOneNow and jaysmoke like this.
  17. Deactivated User
    Sep 21, 2014

18. mydroid
    KitKat Sep 21, 2014

mydroid , Sep 21, 2014 :
    I help my office staffs transfer all their apple stuff into Dropbox and google then sync back to android. ITunes can install in windows PC so from there move mp3 out as well. Its an apple issue as androids have no issues with windows and Linux os.

19. laloman18
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 21, 2014

laloman18 , Sep 21, 2014 :
    Idiot. Just dual boot into windows... (Install windows on Mac via bootcamp)...

I use I iExplorer for Mac. Does a great job!

For Windows I use MobileGo is the best period! Worjs flawless and backs up everything u want to back up. And u can load any backup to any other phone if u like...

20. cilicus
    Honeycomb Sep 21, 2014