Which one?

1. Option 1

86.4%
  2. Option 2

13.6%
  1. MrFingerIII
    Lollipop Jun 8, 2015

MrFingerIII , Jun 8, 2015 :
    Seriously I don't even bother with rebates I used to when I was too stupid to realize by the time you get something you will be retiring from your job it's like who in the hell made this up instant rebates are the best

zapablast05 likes this.
  2. Tamashi
    Jelly Bean Jun 8, 2015

Tamashi , Jun 8, 2015 :
    Gonna stay out of this, as both options are bad, and recommending one over the other is min-maxing by benchmarks you won't notice. If you want a decent gaming computer, at least go for an i7 (they're not that expensive) and I have no idea why anyone would ever pick something else than nVidia. AMD is widely known for their issues here, there and a bit everywhere.

To the OP, use these charts to find good combinations for the price:
    https://www.cpubenchmark.net/ and http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/

My personal choice:

Intel Core i7-3770K @ 3.50GHz
    $508.95

GeForce GTX 780 Ti
    $389.99

recommending this because I'm still using the CPU, the only upgrade I've done is to a GTX 980. But the GTX780TI is extremely powerful, and has been cut down in prices slightly since the release of the newer video cards.

I'm sorry if my post bumps the price, I just do not believe you can get $700 gaming PC unless you are okay with the lowest settings in-game. If you spend a lot of time gaming, you might as well invest at least a tiny bit in making things look good.

Your setup won't be able to load the maximum camera distance for example, not without loss of performance. Things like this you should consider.

PS: It's perfectly fine if anyone disagrees with my post. It's just my opinion

Attached you'll find my own DxDiag.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 8, 2015

narenpg and TeamValor91 like this.
  3. zapablast05
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 8, 2015

zapablast05 , Jun 8, 2015 :
    I don't blame you. I just got my first rebate on Friday for a PC I built for my wife in April.

MrFingerIII likes this.
  4. zapablast05

Worst recommendation ever.

Aspari likes this.
  5. Avo989
    Honeycomb Jun 8, 2015

Avo989 , Jun 8, 2015 :
    Exactly what @YeOldeGoat said, get a cheaper processor and better graphics card. An AMD Fx-6300 will be fine and a Nvidia 960 should run both games on ultra settings.

EpicSwirly likes this.
  6. theviruz203
    Gingerbread Jun 8, 2015

theviruz203 , Jun 8, 2015 :
    Having both processors before I recommend going with the K version because once you over clock it can give you a tangible performance increase depending if you get a good overclocker.

7. moon4567
    Jelly Bean Jun 8, 2015

moon4567 , Jun 8, 2015 :
    I live in Puerto Rico, I bought most of the parts from amazon, the mobo and GPU from Tigerdirect . com

MrFingerIII likes this.
  8. zapablast05

It really only depends on how the game responds to overclocking. You can have K|NGP|N and Nick Shih overclock your PC and probably not get any discernable gains if the game doesn't respond to it.

9. Aspari
    Honeycomb Jun 8, 2015

zapablast05 likes this.
  10. eizibizi
    Cupcake Jun 8, 2015

11. Nevabackdown
    Jelly Bean Jun 8, 2015

Nevabackdown , Jun 8, 2015 :
    images.png

MrFingerIII likes this.
  12. Nevabackdown
    Jelly Bean Jun 8, 2015

Nevabackdown , Jun 8, 2015 :
    907$:confused: :eek:......I am better off with mario;)

13. Tamashi
    Jelly Bean Jun 8, 2015

Tamashi , Jun 8, 2015 :
    The PC in my DxDiag cost €1000. You can buy parts of the computers that are already used. Usually people sell their parts because they're upgrading, while the old one still works. You cann get 80% off the price this way. My setup is built for extreme gaming, and cost very little, but yeah, you'll need to look around a bit, and make sure with who you're dealing.

Try to look for local sellers? I only do real life trades for parts that have already been used, so I can test them before I pay. Something that would cost you $6000 can cost you just $1000, I promise! :)

Nevabackdown likes this.
  14. anzi2001
    Jelly Bean Jun 8, 2015

anzi2001 , Jun 8, 2015 :
    My amd radeon hd 7700 and a amd cpu phenom II x4 965 and it ran and runs every game till now with 1080p 20 inch screen with 50-60 fps with medium to high settings..
    And my gpu has only 1gb of vram with low to off settings...so vram is important if you want to play games like gta V

15. EpicSwirly
    Lollipop Jun 8, 2015

EpicSwirly , Jun 8, 2015 :
    http://pcpartpicker.com/p/FwPMQ7
    just made this ^ got rid of ssd, used that money to get a 290x

its a lot cheaper to buy a 100$ ssd in the future than to have to buy a 400$ graphics card

16. MrFingerIII
    Lollipop Jun 8, 2015

The Price for the I7-3770K Is outrageous lol $500 seriously ,I got mine for 249.99

17. matanwei
    Gingerbread Jun 8, 2015

matanwei , Jun 8, 2015 :
    I7 is good for rendering but for gaming there is no difference between i5 or i7. And there is nothing wrong with amd, I never had an amd gpu but my friends do and they work perfectly, and most importantly they're cheaper and that's what OP really cares about.

MrFingerIII likes this.
  18. MrFingerIII
    Lollipop Jun 8, 2015

Only issue with a 960 is bandwidth it's 128bit ,I would only touch it if it was the 4GB version and even then you will get micro lag because of the bus size

Nvidia should of made it 256bit which I find is puzzling I have not seen 128bit cards in forever they almost died off the face of the Earth lol

he made a better choice with a 290 he could probably get the X version if he looks hard enough

Avo989 likes this.
  19. Rob W

Rob W , Jun 8, 2015 :
    You're not going to get Witcher 3 with everything on Ultra at a playable frame rate with anything lower than a GTX 970. I don't even think that can put everything on Ultra at a good frame rate honestly. You have to turn off Hairworks and a few other things if you want to play Witcher 3.

A GTX 960 or a Radeon 280X will give you ~30fps average on Witcher 3 at 1080p. You will get a lot of stuttering, as well as massive drops in framerate anything you're in a big area or doing something with a large amount of people/monsters at the same time.
    Anything less is going to make it unplayable on Ultra. If you turn on Hairworks with either of these cards, the game will be unplayable on Ultra.

Either of those cards will handle the game no problem on High settings with a few things turned down. Hairworks will have to be off though, or that will crush either of those cards.

MrFingerIII likes this.
  20. Tamashi
    Jelly Bean Jun 8, 2015

Tamashi , Jun 8, 2015 :
    This is why is suggested a very minimum of a GTX780TI. the 780TI is similar in performance with the GTX 970, except that the 970 tends to be more expensive. You can buy an already-used gtx 780TI for like $150. It's very rare to already find cheap GTX 970's, as they're quite new.

With less than 780TI/970, I would not recommend buying anything at all, and just saving up until you can buy either a 780TI or higher.

As for the future, please keep in mind that Windows 10 will bring DirectX12. DirectX can HEAVILY increase game performance (it's the way the pixels on your screen are drawn). Directx12 will likely perform a lot better than the current DirectX9 and 11.

As far as I know, only GTX 970 (and after) will support DirectX12.

TL;DR: Save up for a GTX 970 or higher to keep the performance of your game good, and be future proof for the upcoming new DirectX release.

MrFingerIII likes this.