Help me decide OPO or Xiaomi Mi4??

1. rktstunner
    Donut Mar 10, 2015

rktstunner , Mar 10, 2015 :
    First of all ,huge fan OPO ..because of which i ordered twice OPO to only recieve defective product both times [first time mic not working,and camera defective....second time -full on heating issue even for a regular call and camera use and yellow screen issue for whole display ] ...so had to return the phone and now having second thoughts abt buying and thinking of Xiaomi Mi4 ..pls any suggestions ,i really like OPO ...Is this common issue or im just plain unlucky??

Last edited: Mar 10, 2015

vikrant79 likes this.
  2. vikrant79
    Cupcake Mar 10, 2015

vikrant79 , Mar 10, 2015 :
    I would say go for 16GB OPPA, most of the problems are appearing in 64 GB variant.

3. rktstunner
    Donut Mar 10, 2015

but 16gb is too less of a storage for me ...how is ur experience with OPO...any issues or its been a charm ??

4. cabhay
    KitKat Mar 10, 2015

cabhay , Mar 10, 2015 :
    try one more time with opo.. if again receive defective product then wait for 2 weeks .. honer 6 plus is coming to india..

sandeep_khopade and chandra200 like this.
  5. Afzal Khan
    KitKat Mar 10, 2015

Afzal Khan , Mar 10, 2015 :
    I wud suggest just check out all the reviews (FLipkart itself, where only actual users leave comments) about the Mi4 first b4 taking any decision ;)

6. rktstunner
    Donut Mar 10, 2015

Yes I have gone through them ,even mi4 is plagued by complaints( mainly heating issue during call and charging ,not enough ram for user ) ,so I'm asking certified users OPO ,is the phone really worth for me to buy again ..or my chances of getting a defective phone (camera not working ,yellow display ,mic not working ,horrible call quality) is more ??

7. Hardeep Jolly
    Cupcake Mar 10, 2015

Hardeep Jolly , Mar 10, 2015 :
    Hi,
    I've also encountered same problem(plus many more, like problems in Wifi connection, grainy camera,display below par) with my OPO. So i replaced the phone, the delivery guy who collected phone from me said he had tons of replacement orders of OPO.
    I'm also big fan of OPO and wish maybe only I am facing these issue..
    ryt now i need a phone , and i am confused which phone to buy under 23K.
    I just need some feedback from the other users of OPO, is it worth another try??
    I found OPO display very dim( below par), even NFS:most wanted was not running on my phone, had some heating issues.
    actually i want good display and camera.
    Any comment or suggestion would be appreciable..

Thank you

8. James Mathew
    Eclair Mar 11, 2015

James Mathew , Mar 11, 2015 :
    I have been using this phone for the past 1 month. The phone is great but it has the yellow tint issue which u mentioned in ma device. tint is limited to a thin bottom strip evident only during pages with white background so not very bothered by it. No other issues so far.

9. pushkaljn
    Honeycomb Mar 11, 2015

pushkaljn , Mar 11, 2015 :
    As per opo vs mi4
    If u prefer small form factor, then go for mi4
    With opo you will get flexibility to try various rooms which is being developed by large tech community

10. imTSS
    KitKat Mar 11, 2015

imTSS , Mar 11, 2015 :
    I think @cabhay has given a good solution for ur scenario

cabhay likes this.
  11. malleswarasastry
    Honeycomb Mar 11, 2015

malleswarasastry , Mar 11, 2015 :
    Case close then.. Mi4 has 16 gb storage only :p you do not have any option left bro then ;)

12. shankarprasadsa
    Honeycomb Mar 11, 2015

shankarprasadsa , Mar 11, 2015 :
    I have not had a single issue till now.... using OPO from more than a month....
    I would suggest go for OPO.

13. Nagarjun1989
    Eclair Mar 11, 2015

Nagarjun1989 , Mar 11, 2015 :
    @rktstunner
    Hi bro,
    I am a proud owner of Opo. Before buying this phone I had made a decent research on this phone though I was a huge fan of this phone.

Hardware wise opo is unbeatable for the price you pay. But the actual problem was based on the software issue.

When I first got the phone, opo was running on build no. Xnrp44s which was really good with all features (camera, call quality, multitasking and others) but I also faced heating problem when I played games which uses high graphics, calls for a longer conversation and all but after the latest update heating problem has been reduced and there is an improvement in battery backup also.

Coming the yellow tint issue, each and every phone has that. Even mine but nothing to worry about it cause it's only about matter of time and it can be ignored.

My best advice is go for the oneplus one. You have the option of installing any rom you want. But in MI 4 that's not the case I believe. Many people have raised complaints about that and it's a plastic build.

14. imabhilash
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 11, 2015

imabhilash , Mar 11, 2015 :
    go with whatever your heart says....

15. faisal_ln
    Gingerbread Mar 11, 2015

faisal_ln , Mar 11, 2015 :
    @rktstunner ...bro i got both Mi4 and OPO....let me tell you my experience....First of all the display is brighter and vibrant on Mi4 than on OPO, just a bit better..Touchscreen response way better in Mi4...Mi4 easy to operate and fits better in hand...Camera way better in OPO especially in daylight..sound quality way better in OPO and Mi4 cannot drive more powerful headphone at all...if ur an audiophile go for OPO..battery life a bit better in OPO..software experience better in OPO..I still prefer OPO as i listen to a lot of audio..the choice is urs

16. AlphaIndi
    Gingerbread Mar 11, 2015

AlphaIndi , Mar 11, 2015 :
    i would definitely go with OPO. me and my friends got great OPO's. no problems at all...give it another try.

Mi4 heating problem is much worse than any other Qualcomm Phone. And Mi4 costs you 24k, which is huge considering availability of other flagships.

RAM management is worst in Mi4. In my opo always 2gb ram is available, even when i am doing my daily multi tasks.

17. vsmselva
    Gingerbread Mar 11, 2015

vsmselva , Mar 11, 2015 :
    O
    OPO has been the better choice when you compare it with mi4. It has got better ram management, decent battery life and insanely impressive CyanogenMod. If you are not a fan of CyanogenMod and need a change then you can consider mi4. You could easily get mi4 than OPP. But still everything apart,OPO rocks. I too have bought a 64gb version and didn't find any of the above mentioned issues. I found an issue only with the proximity sensor which doesn't work properly. For the price you pay,this is a so minute issue and might even be rectified in a future software update.

18. u2mehul
    Jelly Bean Mar 11, 2015

u2mehul , Mar 11, 2015 :
    Not much to choose between... Ask your self your comfort level with size of the phone and display quality expectations.

19. Jesu Valan
    Gingerbread Mar 11, 2015

Jesu Valan , Mar 11, 2015 :
    If you are going to push your OPO to limits and trying out more ROMs then try again. if u just need a good phone and not to experiment then go for MI4. Success Rate seems better with MI4 than OPO. OPO Supported by Devs from all around the world and you will be privileged by the support of this forum.

20. sandeepkyadav
    Eclair Mar 11, 2015

sandeepkyadav , Mar 11, 2015 :
    Hi. I understand your situation and ultimately its electronic and there could be defective piece but you can always ask for replacement. In my opinion, MI4 is also good but there are few issues:
    1. Screen size: If you are not comfortable with 5.5" screen then Mi4 is second best choice in this price range.
    2. ROM: OPO has very basic Android with bit of customisation whereas Mi4 has entirely new interface and it is really good.
    3. SAR value: For me this is a big concern. Mi4 has more SAR value than OPO (almost three times more). If you are going to use Mi4 as primary phone and getting lot of calls, then you need to think about it.
    4. Updates: I think it is always going to be delays. Both are working on Lollipop ROM and may release it soon.

Even I thought a lot about it and finally bought OPO only considering SAR values because its always 'Health First'.