help me please oneplus 3t won't turn on

1. cchri78
    Eclair Mar 8, 2017

cchri78 , Mar 8, 2017 :
    oneplus 3t won't turn on I have tried everything on OnePlus.net and just won't turn on love my phone and is just sad

2. Woodysk
    Honeycomb Mar 8, 2017

Woodysk , Mar 8, 2017 :
    Specify it. Did you do something? Updating Os dropped phone? What OOS are you using. Are LEDs flashing? Does phone react somehow. Does phone charge?

Please provide photos as well on charger or when u try tp turn it on. We need more informations

cchri78 likes this.
  3. Aarsh_26
    Gingerbread Mar 8, 2017

cchri78 likes this.
  4. linuzo
    Eclair Mar 9, 2017

linuzo , Mar 9, 2017 :
    try doing this.. hold down the power button for 30 seconds and at the same time while holding the power button plugin the dash charger while it's plugged into the wall.. that should do the trick.

sometimes with the internal battery it gets stuck and needs that when the battery runs all the way down.

5. JefferyChan
    Cupcake Mar 9, 2017

JefferyChan , Mar 9, 2017 :
    Try charging your phone with the dash charger. If that doesn't work you could try to RMA the phone or get it fixed.

cchri78 likes this.
  6. Sureshsouravk
    Froyo Mar 9, 2017

Sureshsouravk , Mar 9, 2017 :
    once it happened to me when I was traveling on a sunny day. I kept in the fridge for few minutes to cool and it was working fine thereafter.

7. Sampath_Kumar_
    Honeycomb Mar 9, 2017

8. Minoharu
    Mar 9, 2017

9. cchri78
    Eclair Mar 9, 2017

cchri78 , Mar 9, 2017 :
    No it's not charging and I cannot get into the recovery mode. it is just a brick.

10. Sampath_Kumar_
    Honeycomb Mar 9, 2017

Sampath_Kumar_ , Mar 9, 2017 :
    Hello Everyone !!

A hard bricked OP3 has nothing but a black screen (nothing ever comes on the screen, not even a boot logo), it might vibrate when a power button is pressed and held for 20 seconds, has no Recovery partition, no adb mode, and no fastboot partition (It might be a flickering OnePlus logo). The device might be detected in Linux and you might be able to even send commands to it. In Windows, the bricked OP3 should be detected as QHUSB_BULK,Unknown Device,Qualcomm something. You might have a bricked OP3 as a result of flashing a kernel meant for a different device (or a ROM meant for another device that included a kernel), tinkering with the boot logo or bootloader, or your attempt of unlocking the bootloader resulted in corrupting the boot partition. Most of the times, it is needed because OEM Unlocking is disabled, and phone can't boot and no recovery.

The solution for OP3 hardbrick is similar to OPO - you just need a Qualcomm driver and a recovery package. A very very big thanks to some guys at XDA who got these files (don't know how) (I have modified the Method 1 file but Method 2 file remains exact from OnepLus) and helped all of us to get out from one of the most weird state of the phone. Thanks guys (@CyberCROC and 1 more)

METHOD 1

This method is the best method and will not wipe your data at all and will give you stock recovery+latest OxygenOS (or the ROM you were on) and bootloader will remain in the state it was earlier.It *might* not work if some other partitions were also corrupted.

Spoiler: Instructions

METHOD 2

This method is easy to use and flashes OxygenOS 3.1.2 on your phone. It wipes all your data (See end of post on how to not wipe data) and restores all partitions to stock. It will work in any condition unless it is a hardware damage.

How to Prevent Data Wipe in Method 2

How to Make the device show as Qualcomm 9008

Spoiler: Tricks

G_Jorge_borI, chopsticks and cchri78 like this.
  11. Onkar.Singh
    KitKat Mar 9, 2017

Onkar.Singh , Mar 9, 2017 :
    Phone not Powering ON
    Hold down the Power button along with the Volume down button to start recovery mode and performing a factory reset. If these do not solve your problem, Please follow these steps:
    1) Let your phone rest for 12 hours (do not charge);
    2) Charge with the official charger and usb for 6hrs;
    3) After 6hrs disconnect then reconnect your phone to the charger, a low battery screen should appear;
    4) Do not attempt to boot. Allow it charge for 1 more hour;
    5) After 1 hour, your device should be ready to boot and power-on.

Else, there is always a OnePlus Customer Support

cchri78 likes this.
  12. Mayur987
    Donut Mar 9, 2017

cchri78 likes this.
  13. cchri78
    Eclair Mar 9, 2017

cchri78 , Mar 9, 2017 :
    I have contacted OnePlus Customer Support and they will trying repairing it.

14. G_Jujhar_Singh_(JJ)_zAgS
    Donut Mar 9, 2017

cchri78 likes this.
  15. cchri78
    Eclair Mar 9, 2017

cchri78 , Mar 9, 2017 :
    No nothing comes up just black screen no charging LED just nothing.

16. G_Ken_Davis_qLNk
    Cupcake Jun 26, 2017

G_Ken_Davis_qLNk , Jun 26, 2017 :
    I had the same problem, I was scared beyond all belief! Thanks for this info, I was able to finally get in.

https://www.androidexplained.com/oneplus-3-unbrick-return-stock/ This link helped too, it linked to a 1.1GB system image which made the process faster. I have a 3T and the first couple of times I had to power off, and hold volume up with USB-C cable connected, eventually it worked but first few times it complained about talking to the device. Phew!

The guide is good in that it makes it clear that a black screen doing nothing is the expected mode, mine did nothing even with a power cycle, no vibration, nothing.

17. BeRightBack
    Cupcake Sep 16, 2017

BeRightBack , Sep 16, 2017 :
    This trick worked for me
    Thanks

linuzo likes this.
  18. dooge
    Cupcake Nov 13, 2017

dooge , Nov 13, 2017 :
    Worked right away. Thanks a bunch!

linuzo likes this.
  19. ankitrb