help me with programming???

1. Jartiel
    Gingerbread Oct 3, 2015

Jartiel , Oct 3, 2015 :
    Hey guys, im trying to find 1 language to stick on but it never happens (constantly switching due to me wanting to learn all languages in programming possible xD). So im currently learning how to do HTML,CSS (i know these aren't languages but whatever). i've done python before, got bored of it, i kinda know C++ but its hard and confusing, i forgot how C# works and im not sure if Java is something i want to work with but i want to ask you guys what you think i should learn. Im aiming to learn Javascript soon and as well as developing games in the future (hopefully :) ).

Also, what language does Minecraft now use now that it doesn't need Java?

(making AAA quality games don't matter to me. At least on the graphics side of it).

DarrellSimon likes this.
  2. Jartiel
    Gingerbread Oct 4, 2015

3. SamuraiKitty
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 4, 2015

SamuraiKitty , Oct 4, 2015 :
    Learn C++ or C# first. With that you can easily learn other languages like Java (not web development languages) and C++/C# can be used to make quality games.

pa5t1s and DarrellSimon like this.
  4. ppod
    Jelly Bean Oct 4, 2015

ppod , Oct 4, 2015 :
    http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/22769/Introduction-to-Object-Oriented-Programming-Concep

DarrellSimon likes this.
  5. howlard
    Gingerbread Oct 4, 2015

6. aaron.hossain75
    Lollipop Oct 4, 2015

DarrellSimon likes this.
  7. DarrellSimon
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 4, 2015

DarrellSimon , Oct 4, 2015 :
    ive been told that when learning code you should take it one language at a time , i kind of undertand how you are, i try to learn multiple languages at once , probablyl should slow down:D
    Anyway if you want ,check out my thread it has tones of info: https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/coding.281281/

8. Formsma
    KitKat Oct 4, 2015

9. keessonnema
    KitKat Oct 4, 2015

keessonnema , Oct 4, 2015 :
    Do you want to make games? Or is it for other things? Html and CSS are easy to learn, start with that. After that go for PHP or Javascript. If you know these things go for the more difficult ones like python/c#/c++/java

10. pa5t1s
    User of the Year 2014 Oct 4, 2015

pa5t1s , Oct 4, 2015 :
    Best advices so far. With C, you'll be able to 'reach' the machine core, with C++ you'll learn how to code 'with your brain' at an upper level of understanding. Forget Java...
    PS: I didn't ever mention HTML or JavaScript, and I meant it :p

SamuraiKitty likes this.