Help? OnePlus 6 Battery dies to 'zero' in but a few hours when not being charged (really weird)

1. G_Mark_Strong_fEgO
    Cupcake Aug 5, 2021

G_Mark_Strong_fEgO , Aug 5, 2021 :
    OnePlus 6
    About 10 days ago (July 20 - 25th as my best guess when it started) would wake up to find the battery dead (at '0'). Thought I had left something on 'draining' and disabled 'everything'.

Would always check before bed (not on charger) and at ~ 100% battery level. Each morning - 'dead'. This happens even with the battery saver activated. In one instance was able to obtain a graph of battery power and the line of battery drainage started as a declining slope - then at around 60% the line would suddenly 'break' and go straight down. This was a record of what happened during the night. During working day the phone is plugged in 95% of the time. Nothing is going on when this happens - no programs running - no Bluetooth or cell - even had wi-fi off and the same thing happens.

I recall the recent update and 'I think' it may have been just before this battery issue started - but guessing. Would like to perform a hard reset but the information available is not comforting and the data/contacts / messaging - and I use Truecaller as well as the built-in apps and have critical info.

My phone is supposedly backed up to Google (it is) but do not know what data I could lose.
    Does anyone have direct (exact same experience with battery) and able to provide information to guide to a solution? As well know, support is a joke and called and instead of talking to anyone for advice they automatically email the printer-tabs to ship it away - for a week - and not having a clue. Love OnePlus - my second phone - but this support is absolutely gonna drive me to a Samsung or Pixel.
    Thank you all for your help!

Last edited: Aug 5, 2021

2. Tobikage
    Nougat Aug 5, 2021

the_o2 likes this.
  3. Tobikage
    Nougat Aug 5, 2021

Tobikage , Aug 5, 2021 :
    So...either the battery is not reporting the correct stat or the software is f'd somehow.

If you're a heavy user , I'd guess it needs a batrery replacement.

Also...if you want to keep the phone, now is the time to get a genuine replacement from OnePlus. Doubt they'd support even a battery replacement in another years time.

And yes.... support sucks.

4. G_Mark_Strong_fEgO
    Cupcake Aug 5, 2021

G_Mark_Strong_fEgO , via OnePlus 6 , Aug 5, 2021 :
    Here is screenshot just taken and the time estimate for the battery is WAY less than it should be - am I wrong? This was not an issue where things got worse over any period but where the problem arose suddenly - and in full - so doubtful a battery that has naturally depleted. It was 'caused' and there must be an input that caused it.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/BDG1TB4zBP1zK34p9

5. G_Mark_Strong_fEgO
    Cupcake Aug 5, 2021

6. G_Mark_Strong_fEgO
    Cupcake Aug 5, 2021

7. G_Mark_Strong_fEgO
    Cupcake Aug 5, 2021

8. G_Mark_Strong_fEgO
    Cupcake Aug 5, 2021

Not the 'battery' as they do not 'die' this way. It is a software issue and the reading of '0' is correct. Something is frying it out - and has anyone had similar or serious issues with the latest Ox update? 10.3.12?

9. Tobikage
    Nougat Aug 5, 2021