HELP!!! Oneplus 9R WIFI Issues - 5GHz I just received my 9R 12/256 (Oxygen OS 11.2.5.5.LE28DA), and via OnePlus 9R

1. Zaban
    Cupcake Sep 27, 2021

2. Akshat Sehgal
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 28, 2021

Akshat Sehgal , via OnePlus 9R , Sep 28, 2021 :
    Your question is incomplete. Are you not able to connect to 5GHz networks is what you mean? Please reset network preferences. Change the channel in your router settings. @Caomhin can you please guide him on which settings he has to change in the router? I don't have a fibre network so I neither face these issues nor I have to change the settings😅😂.

Artemus, Zaban and rHITkM. like this.
  3. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Sep 28, 2021

Caomhin , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Sep 28, 2021 :
    Thanks for the tag @Akshat Shehgal
    Make sure the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz have different SSIDs and also ensure you have 2.4Ghz channel set to below 11 and 5 Ghz channel between 40 and 100. Check your router manual on how to do this. said:
    You may also check the following
    Reset your Network adapters, see if that helps.
    Settings, System, Reset Options, Reset WiFi Mobile Bluetooth.
    Also try the following. If the option is available to you.
    Go to Settings, WiFi & Internet, WiFi, WiFi Preferences and disable Intelligently Select the best WiFi.
    And allso check out additional possible solutions at the link below.
    How To Fix Common Wi-Fi Problems In Android
    https://www.techjunkie.com/fix-wi-fi-problem-android/

Artemus, Gor., Xcommunicad0 and 2 others like this.
  4. rHITkM.

rHITkM. , Sep 28, 2021 :
    Seeing your Screeshot I assume you want to state that no 5GHz wifi connection showing, Right?

2.5 GHz has greater range so you can use it even if you are not on the same room or two room far.
    But the same is not the case with 5GHz you cannot use it at far distance , you have to be in the same room for great and reliable connection.
    Sometimes placement of wifi router affect the connectivity and results in the device connection failure.
    For more info also refer this ⏬
    https://www-wired-com.cdn.ampprojec...d.com/2016/03/put-router-optimize-home-wi-fi/

Artemus, Xcommunicad0 and Caomhin like this.
  5. rHITkM.

rHITkM. , Sep 28, 2021 :
    This is nice information to have, will keep that in mind. Thanks for sharing.

6. Caomhin

I had an issue before in my old 6T, it wouldn't see the 5Ghz channel, so I dropped the channels to lower than what I mentioned above, worked fine after that. Not sure if it's the issue here, but worth a try.

7. rHITkM.

rHITkM. , Sep 28, 2021 :
    Let's hope it works for him.
    By the way do you have any dedicated thread related to wifi or have created one ?
    Would be good to know.🙌

8. Caomhin

I don't, but I might look into creating one, now that you mention it. 👍

9. rHITkM.

rHITkM. , Sep 28, 2021 :
    Good to know you are considering the idea as it would be nice to have.
    Many will be benefited.
    Looking forward 🙌👍.

10. Zaban
    Cupcake Sep 28, 2021

Zaban , via OnePlus 9R , Sep 28, 2021 :
    Hello my friend, yes there are several 5ghz wifi networks, the problem is that my smartphone only finds 2.4ghz networks. I already looked in the smartphone settings but I couldn't solve the problem. Even at my house the modem has 2.4ghz and 5ghz, my son's smartphone a OnePlus 5 normally connects at 5ghz and my new smartphone the 9R can see the 5ghz network if you want.

I am very disappointed in my new smartphone.

rHITkM. likes this.
  11. Caomhin

Have you tried the suggestions I and others gave above?

Artemus, Gor., Xcommunicad0 and 2 others like this.
  12. Zaban
    Cupcake Sep 28, 2021

Hello my friend, yes I tried to reset the smartphone's network settings and the smartphone itself reseted from the factory.
    The only procedure I haven't tried yet was to change the channel range on the modem, because my son's Smartphone OnePlus 5 normally finds my 5ghz network.
    Ppsso even change the channel of my wifi network to those mentioned above but what frustrates me the most is knowing that even if this alternative works I can only connect to the 5ghz network of my residence. if I go to a friend's or relative's house, I won't be able to use a 5ghz ppis network, my new smartphone just can't find such a signal frequency. This is extremely disheartening.

I believe that a OnePlus should make available in a Hot fix to fix the urgent problem, because from what I could notice here on the forum, the neighborhoods oitroa 9R user are reporting the problem to find a 5ghz wi-fi network.

rHITkM. likes this.
  13. Zaban
    Cupcake Sep 28, 2021

Dear friend @Caomhin Even in the post of the link below a user reports the same problem that I am experiencing with my 9R, and the member @Ruqhaiya Taskeen @RuqhaiyaTaskeen suggested that maybe he had some request for such problem.

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/oneplus-9r-wifi-issues-5ghz.1447548/

I honestly don't know what else to do. All that remains for me is the disappointment.

rHITkM. likes this.
  14. Caomhin

If you don't see any improvement after trying the suggestions given. Please send Bug reports and give Feedback on the issues back to the OnePlus OOS developers. So that they can investigate them.
    https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback/

And you can also contact OnePlus support directly to see if they have more information on your issue. Scroll down the page for Email, Phone contact and online Chat details.
    https://www.oneplus.com/support

Artemus and rHITkM. like this.