Help! OnePlus broke my phone!

1. Shane Nadeau
    Donut Nov 15, 2019

Shane Nadeau , Nov 15, 2019 :
    I could really use some help with how I can get this resolved. This will be long, but please bare with me.

Bought my 6T November last year. Best phone I've ever owned. But, by February, the phone started having terrible screen burn-in (when the screen is white, you can permanently see things burned into the screen from other apps).

After some pretty crappy customer service, OnePlus finally told me to send it to a repair center in Texas (I live in Massachusetts), but I couldn't be without a phone for 1-2 weeks, so I cancelled the repair request.

It's now November 2019, and I decided I should get it fixed before my one-year warranty is up, so I put in a new repair request. This customer service experience was even worse than the last time, but I was finally given the Texas address to send it to. I shipped it out, via FedEx, and paid $15 out of pocket. Two days later, OnePlus emails me: "before you send it, please take pictures of it, and then we'll provide you with a shipping label". I explained that I already sent it out, and never got a response.

This week, I get an email, telling me they received the phone, and I have to pay $200 to fix the front and back of the phone, plus labor, something with the battery, etc. I asked why, and they tell me that the front and back are "physically damaged", which isn't covered by the warranty. I replied that my phone had NO physical damage when I shipped it (I've had a dbrand skin and rhinoshield crash guard on it since day one. it was in pristine condition).

If my phone is cracked, scratched or shattered, it's either from FedEx, or the repair center.

I've had a dozen email conversations and several phone calls with OnePlus since then, and it's all the same "we're sorry you feel this way. please pay within 5 days or we're sending it back to you". So they're basically going to send me back a broken phone that wasn't broken before I sent it.

What can I do? I feel like I'm screwed and OnePlus doesn't want to fix the problem.

2. SoniaB
    Nougat Senior Moderator Dec 16, 2019

SoniaB , Dec 16, 2019 :
    Hey there

I escalated this case for you as per your PM

CS have confirmed that they will do an in warranty repair at no cost to you.

They will confirm the same to you direct.

Regards

Sonia

3. mihir.kikani
    Cupcake Jan 11, 2020

mihir.kikani , Jan 11, 2020 :
    Hey same thing happened to me.
    I sent my working one plus 3t for out of focus camera issue which they said will fix it for free and later on sent me quote with 280+ dollars to replace motherboard.

This is cheating and fraud

4. Shane Nadeau
    Donut Jan 13, 2020

Shane Nadeau , Jan 13, 2020 :
    I really hope they eventually get their act together with customer support. Thanks to Sonia, they finally fixed my phone under warranty, and I just got it back a couple days ago. It took over two months, but it's done.

I love OnePlus phones, but I'm going to hold off on buying any more of their stuff until I start hearing that their customer service is better.

mihir.kikani and SoniaB like this.
  5. SoniaB
    Nougat Senior Moderator Jan 13, 2020

SoniaB , Jan 13, 2020 :
    Hey there

As far as I am aware, the focus issue in the 3T is a known hardware fault and so meant to be replaced without cost to you.

Can you please confirm your support ticket number and I will try my best to have this resolved for you.

@Shane Nadeau I am so glad it finally got sorted for you. The case itself with regards to the broken communication between CS and the repair centre as well as the broken communication between CS and you in particular, is being investigated and lessons learned I hope.

Shane Nadeau likes this.