Help Please

1. zoesky
    Honeycomb Jul 11, 2015

zoesky , Jul 11, 2015 :
    So here's what happened. I tore down my opo to replace the screen (I dropped it) All I did was move all the internal stuff to the new frame. The screen looks good and as far as I know everything works.....except for the cellular connection.

The black cable lying next to the battery... does that not control the wifi, bluetooth and all that jazz? All of those features are working so it makes me think it's not a hardware issue, but a software issue? Could I be wrong?

I read some posts that after upgrading to Oxy they lost mobile data connection... Some reported flashing the device worked.

My sim is recognized, the APNs are there. I can see my number and imei under about phone...but the mobile is disconnected...I get errors when trying to connect automatically to network operator.

Any direction would be greatly appreciated.

2. Afzal Khan
    KitKat Jul 11, 2015

pipecpa likes this.
  3. zoesky
    Honeycomb Jul 11, 2015

4. meatandy
    Oreo Jul 11, 2015

pipecpa likes this.
  5. zoesky
    Honeycomb Jul 11, 2015

zoesky , Jul 11, 2015 :
    Thanks for the post. I've used that one to tear down and rebuild. I guess my question is "Does the cable control the wifi, bluetooth, and cellular connection?"

6. I73770k
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 12, 2015

I73770k , Jul 12, 2015 :
    Something like this, I would say that if it was working before you started the repair, it must be a hardware connection problem.

Takendown likes this.
  7. zoesky
    Honeycomb Jul 12, 2015

zoesky , Jul 12, 2015 :
    so the cable connects to the logic board and the other side connects to (I cant recall the name of it). It is possible to invert the connectors and mess something up? Or damage another part?

8. Gonzo01
    Lollipop Jul 12, 2015

9. moddogs
    Gingerbread Jul 12, 2015

10. zoesky
    Honeycomb Jul 12, 2015

zoesky , Jul 12, 2015 :
    tried that, no luck. You guys absolutely sure its a hardware thing?