Help Require for Playing 4k UHD Content

1. smit.shah027
    Eclair Nov 3, 2019

smit.shah027 , Nov 3, 2019 :
    Hey Guys,
    So i recently got the OnePlus TV and my experience has been great except when playing 4K UHD Content from my HDD, i am talking about 50-60 Gigs Movies. When playing from my eternal HDD the content lags like crazy, to the point where it takes 5-6 seconds to play a single frame.

My Question is, what kind of setup do i need to play such heavy files on the OnePlus TV, should i get a SSD? Streaming the file from my Laptop reduces the quality to absolute shit. I should also mentioned that playing 4K UHD Files that are 20-30 Gigs from my HDD is no issue.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. Venky61
    Jelly Bean Nov 4, 2019

Venky61 , Nov 4, 2019 :
    Hey... right now the In-Built Player struggles sometimes for Playing 4K content. I would suggest to use third party players like Kodi or VLC to play the file to avoid the lag. The lag is not due to the HDD.

smit.shah027 and Starcommander like this.
  3. smit.shah027
    Eclair Nov 4, 2019

smit.shah027 , Nov 4, 2019 :
    Hey, i have tried playing the video with VLC and MX Player (updated codecs) and nothing seems to work, same lag with all of them. I have not tried Kodi yet, but will try it today and post back.

In the meantime is it possible that the TV's CPU/Specs cannot play such demanding videos? I was hoping changing from HDD to SSD would do the trick, but it doesn't seem like it.

Edit
    So I tried Kodi as well and that didn't work either. So I am all out of options now, any help would be appreciated.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2019

4. Venky61
    Jelly Bean Nov 4, 2019

Venky61 , Nov 4, 2019 :
    Oh... Till now all the users including myself have tried only file sizes upto 35GB. I will try a larger file size and get back to you.

smit.shah027 likes this.
  5. smit.shah027
    Eclair Nov 6, 2019

smit.shah027 , Nov 6, 2019 :
    Hey, did you happen to try with a larger file size, the TV is still within the return period and would like to go for something else if this TV is unable to play those 50-60+ Gig 4K UHD Content.

Venky61 likes this.
  6. Venky61
    Jelly Bean Nov 6, 2019

Venky61 , Nov 6, 2019 :
    My file is still downloading... Low seeders... You can pm me if you know any file for fast download.

smit.shah027 likes this.
  7. Venky61
    Jelly Bean Nov 7, 2019 at 4:02 AM

Venky61 , Nov 7, 2019 at 4:02 AM :
    Hey... so finally the download was complete and I played a 60GB .m2ts file that has HDR and Dolby Audio. The file struggled to play on the native player but when it did, the audio experience was out of the world. On Kodi though it played perfectly with the only disadvantage of not supporting Dolby Audio.
    It's a known issue that the inbuilt player struggles to support .m2ts extension. Hopefully it will be supported in the next update.