HELP!! Should I buy the OPO?

1. yuenso
    Donut Jan 17, 2015

yuenso , Jan 17, 2015 :
    So I know that OPO has got one of the best specs that are on the market right now, I really want to buy one, but I have also heard that the oneplus one has got some screen issues like ghostswipe and yellow screen etc. Does someone now if this issue is solved?? And did a lot of you got this problem? And how big is the chance that I would get a phone with this problem? Unfortunately OPO doesn't have warranty on the phones.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2015

riazudin likes this.
  2. loperaster09
    Honeycomb Jan 17, 2015

loperaster09 , Jan 17, 2015 :
    These problems rarely occur nowadays, you should be fine getting the OPO.

It's an amazing phone after all...

3. SoniaB
    Head Moderator, Community Hero 2020 Head Moderator Jan 17, 2015

SoniaB , Jan 17, 2015 :
    You see more posts regarding the negatives sometimes, but the majority are very happy with their OPO. You are not going to get another phone with these specs and price. Decision is yours alone.

riazudin, ycsrich, dre_fraser and 2 others like this.
  4. nirmitmehta
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 17, 2015

nirmitmehta , Jan 17, 2015 :
    Nexus 6, else wait for OPO 2. You'll have better specs and most likely not a faulty device.

yuenso likes this.
  5. sbfisher
    Eclair Jan 17, 2015

sbfisher , Jan 17, 2015 :
    The opo was still quite a value for me, so I bought one even though I knew the two was coming later this year. You can always wait 6 months or a year and there will be something better, but you need to buy sometime.

It is already not the very top specs since there are other phones with slightly better in areas, but it is very close to the top end still and for about 1/2 the price of the big names.

It does come with a warranty, but some say the customer service and easy returns are not as easy as other companies.

I do not have yellow banding on my screen or the other problems I've heard about. I'm quite happy with mine, especially for the price.

Archnibbler and yuenso like this.
  6. andyinthailand
    Jelly Bean Jan 17, 2015

andyinthailand , Jan 17, 2015 :
    I'm really happy with mine. For the money I think it's great. I would have felt ripped off if I had bought a high end phone from one of the major players, with about the same spec, at double the price!

riazudin and yuenso like this.
  7. primate1970

primate1970 , Jan 17, 2015 :
    You always hear of problems..

Would you rather have people posting on these forums every day saying "nothing wrong today...!"

yuenso likes this.
  8. guijan12
    KitKat Jan 17, 2015

alghareeb and yuenso like this.
  9. pravpandey

yuenso likes this.
  10. Clemster
    Jelly Bean Jan 17, 2015

Clemster , Jan 17, 2015 :
    The One or Beast as I call it is a great phone at a great price. Unless you want to spend allot more money for a flagship phone just order you a beast.

yuenso likes this.
  11. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Jan 17, 2015

yuenso likes this.
  12. davewm56
    Donut Jan 17, 2015

davewm56 , Jan 17, 2015 :
    If the 2nd gen device(s) have "display" was to be less than 5.5" (or very very close to). I for one, would not buy another OnePlus device no matter what price, chipset, or how many milliamps the battery stores. I'd go to the Google device for sure and pay the extra $250. The system updates are always front and usually top of the line. I for one am very happy with this exact screen size, it fits in my shirt pocket (w/ a bit of overhang) and it fits in my pants pocket, best of all it's very readable. It's so just right for me. Not too big not too small. I'd rather not have a 6" screen but will never buy another phone with anything smaller than 5.5" Even if it meant buying an Apple product which I don't care for because of it's lack of an open-source OS.
    I've not had "any problems" with my OnePlus One but, I've read in this very sites forum and xda about the lack of communication back from OnePlus when the customer(s) have a problem with their device. If you are going to design, make, and sell it, it's got to have some decent customer support provided by the company. Even if it's nothing more than "Sorry your device is not working, we don't have a warranty of any kind so take your problem somewhere else. It doesn't have to be instantaneous reply, but they need to reply back to the customer(s) with answers.
    I know I am rambling on about half or more of this post in the wrong forum thread, but please excuse me! You'll not see me write much more. OnePlus' maiden device is a great deal for what you get, BUT! it's not top of the line! It is a bargain granted. The Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 was out during the same time period that the OnePlus chose the 801 chip, so how could it be top of the line? It was not the TOP of the line chipset, yes it does have the extra gig of ram, decent specs, and good battery life, but I've never ran short of memory with 2 GB of ram in a phone either. Android does a good job at handling/releasing memory. So my rant is nearly over, if you took time to read this I managed to hold your attention, and either I pissed you off or you somewhat agree with what I said. Have a great day y'all!

yuenso likes this.
  13. Deactivated User
    Jan 17, 2015

yuenso likes this.
  14. Haobin
    Eclair Jan 17, 2015

MennoBaris and yuenso like this.
  15. alghareeb
    Honeycomb Jan 17, 2015

yuenso likes this.
  16. yuenso
    Donut Jan 20, 2015