help unlocking TMobile bootloader

1. Zack84
    Cupcake Oct 13, 2019

Zack84 , Oct 13, 2019 :
    I need some help. I paid off my T-Mobile version on the OnePlus 6T. T-Mobile unlocked my phone.

I started to follow the directions on the OnePlus support page to get the "unlock code" but I seem to not be doing something right when I do the Fastboot.

I follow the instructions but am not getting the code. In the instructions it says "connect to your computer>Command: cd "root directory"> Command: fastboot.exe OEM get_unlock_code

what is the "root directory"? That might be what's holding me up.

Thanks for the help!

Zack

2. Kytharsis
    Marshmallow Oct 14, 2019

Kytharsis , Oct 14, 2019 :
    There's no "fastboot.exe" that I'm aware of. Try typing in "fastboot devices" while the bootloader is open on the phone. If a string of characters come up that match the string on the bootloader, then it sees it properly.

Bilalazeem54 likes this.
  3. Zack84
    Cupcake Oct 14, 2019

Zack84 , Oct 14, 2019 :
    I can't type anything on the fastboot screen. I can only choose to "start, recovery mode, power off".

I need to know what I need to do on the computer.

4. Kytharsis
    Marshmallow Oct 14, 2019

Open a Command Prompt on the computer, type in "fastboot devices". I'm not sure if it's the same as with rooting but I imagine with the instructions you gave it's similar. By the way, can you link the instructions so I can see what the process is?

Bilalazeem54 likes this.
  5. Zack84
    Cupcake Oct 14, 2019

Zack84 , Oct 14, 2019 :
    https://support.oneplus.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/588/kw/TMobile bootloader

this is the step by step instructions.

I'm not savy on things like rooting. so, this is why I'm so confused

6. Zack84
    Cupcake Oct 14, 2019

Zack84 , Oct 14, 2019 :
    also, what do you do to open a command?

7. Kytharsis
    Marshmallow Oct 14, 2019

Okay, so what I can see, "root directory" means where you downloaded the zip (generally in the Downloads folder in Windows). You don't have to do the whole "cd <root directory>" stuff 'cause you can open the command prompt in the directory itself.

Open the directory with the extracted files, hold shift then right-click an empty space and click "Open PowerShell" in the context menu. Type " fastboot.exe oem get_unlock_code" in this window.

ironass likes this.
  8. LegolasX
    Jelly Bean Oct 14, 2019

LegolasX , Oct 14, 2019 :
    you seem have little to no knowledge about these things, better to take help from someone who knows stuff around you than to brick your device.

ironass and Auristic like this.
  9. Zack84
    Cupcake Oct 14, 2019

Zack84 , Oct 14, 2019 :
    I'm good. Thanks.