Help updating OPO from Cyanogenmod 13.1 to Lineage

1. Aradiel
    Cupcake Jan 17, 2020

Aradiel , Jan 17, 2020 :
    Back when Cyanogenmod was shuttered, the news passed straight over my head, which is why I'm so late to the party with this.

I'm wanting to migrate my old OnePlus One from Cyanogenmod 13.1 to Lineage OS, without losing data
    I've tried following the official instructions https://www.cyanogenmods.org/forums/topic/update-lineage-os-13-14-1-on-cyanogenmod-13-14-1-rom/ however, the downloads for Lineage 13.1 Experimental and Lineage 13.1 Weekly no longer exist, and I have been unable to find any mirrors despite hours of Googling.

Does anyone have any working mirrors of the official builds so I can get this done?

TibiTibi and Starcommander like this.
  2. yddtime
    Gingerbread Jan 17, 2020

3. TibiTibi
    Photography Expert Jan 17, 2020

4. TibiTibi
    Photography Expert Jan 18, 2020

TibiTibi , Jan 18, 2020 :
    Come back and tell your progress.

5. Aradiel
    Cupcake Jan 23, 2020

Aradiel , Jan 23, 2020 :
    Thank you for the replies, but none of the links supplied have the appropriate downloads - as I said, Lineage are only hosting Bacon 16, but I need Bacon 13.1

6. yddtime
    Gingerbread Jan 23, 2020

yddtime , Jan 23, 2020 :
    13.1 is Marshmallow. Why do you want such an old version of Android? That version is no longer supported so unless you can track down an archive somewhere it won't be available.

7. Aradiel
    Cupcake Jan 23, 2020

Aradiel , Jan 23, 2020 :
    Because that's the version of cyanogenmod that the phone is currently running, and I don't want to lose the data on the phone.

8. yddtime
    Gingerbread Jan 23, 2020

yddtime , Jan 23, 2020 :
    There are ways to back up your data and restore it in a newer version of Android. All data associated with your Google account should make it automatically. You may need to separately back up SMS/MMS and various 3rd party app data. Not all 3rd party apps choose to use the Google backup service. Even if you managed to install Lineage 13.1 you will have the same risk of loosing the 3rd party app data.

Read the instructions in the link I posted earlier. There is information about how to back up your data.

9. TibiTibi
    Photography Expert Jan 23, 2020

TibiTibi , Jan 23, 2020 :
    Backup and go to newer version than 13.
    I have the 14 because higher versions are not in par with fv-5 camera.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2020

10. The1Lion
    Marshmallow Jan 23, 2020

The1Lion , Jan 23, 2020 :
    When I had updated my OPO some while back, it did not completely lose the data, but as others said, you can backup your data. Actually that may have been from Lineage to another - 15 to 16 perhaps? Can't remember :oops:

11. Aradiel
    Cupcake Jan 24, 2020

Aradiel , Jan 24, 2020 :
    According to the link I posted, by over-writing the OS with a different one of the same version, that should not be the case.

Can you provide any more information? As on the first page the only instructions for backing up I can find are "Make sure to backup your data". Unless that's a specific option in the TWRP, that's not that clear, and I'm a bit hesitant to look through 44 pages to find the instruction.

12. TibiTibi
    Photography Expert Jan 24, 2020

TibiTibi , Jan 24, 2020 :
    You can export your own data by copying it to your PC when you connect your phone via USB.

Or do you mean you want to save app settings? Apps itself could be backuped any time by any backup tool, e.g. OAndBackup on F-Droid.