Help us improve and get gifts - OnePlus 7T Pro 5G McLaren

2. SeaRefractor
    Gingerbread Jul 27, 2020

SeaRefractor , via OnePlus Community App , Jul 27, 2020 :
    During travel from Washington State and Oregon I discovered that 5G is terrible at this time.

Signal strength was high, but frequently disconnected, speeds in applications varied wildly and SMS/TXT would be delivered or received way out of time range to be expected (several hours difference).

As soon as I changed to 4G LTE, beautiful comprehensive coverage with consistent performance, timely SMS/TXT and streaming music without disruption.

Sorry T-Mobile and OnePlus, but this sucks and really is unexpected. 5G may be in it's infancy, but fix this soon as possible please.

3. Artemus.
    Nougat Jul 28, 2020

Artemus. , Jul 28, 2020 :
    There ain't anything you can do about it. Like you said, 5G is in its infancy, even in the more-supported areas it's only a marginal improvement and nothing life-changing.

4. SeaRefractor
    Gingerbread Jul 31, 2020

SeaRefractor , Jul 31, 2020 :
    Granted, not much I can do about progress of 5G, but I would like the phone to have better discretion over what to use rather than myself disabling 5G. For example, I don't see why the phone couldn't examine the signal quality and performance of said networks before working with that band. Seems like if there is any kind of 5G signal, no matter how slow or other issue, it doesn't fall back to 4G LTE, unless that 5G drops entirely. That's something T-Mobile and OnePlus should be able to work out better for the 7T Pro 5G McLaren.

peakcomp206 likes this.