Help us to improve the Feedback system

1. Fleming F.
    Community Trainee Staff Member Jul 13, 2020

Fleming F. , Jul 13, 2020 :
    1003402-367a2dc614c01c2c0365c3b24d5390cb.png

Hi friends,

At OnePlus we want make sure we provide you the best experience with OnePlus devices, tirelessly working on improving OxygenOS based on the feedback you provide. In our Community app, we implemented an easy to use Feedback system that allows you to report suggestions or bugs. If you don't know how to use this feature, Manu J. provided a quick guide for you last year.

Here's how it works in one picture (using OTA issue as an example):

howtofeedback.jpg

Help us improve

We have new feedback system for more than a year, we'd like to hear from you about the experience. We'll appreciate it if you can share your feedback on a few topics:
    • What do you think of your overall experience with the Feedback tool?
    • Would you report bugs through the Feedback section? (What’s the reason if not?)
    • Did you meet any inconveniences while using Feedback?
    • Would you mind assisting engineers catching required log files in a follow-up contact?
    • Is the guidance from engineers clear?
    • Are you satisfied with the reply given from customer service?
    It'll be even better if you can provide some suggestions on the Feedback system. We'll carefully read all your comments, and we'll pick 3 high-quality comments/suggestions and award the users with a OnePlus S'well bottle.

Never Settle.

Aug 3 update

Hi friends, thanks for your suggestion! We went through your words and in some common problem, our engineers are working on improving the accuracy of log catch, and we'll improve the way we catch logs.

Moreover, our engineers picked 3 lucky users @Some_Random_Username @B_Wrath and @manojsurya99, thank you all! While because S'well bottle is out of stock, we will send a Nord brave bottle to you.

2. Fleming F.

Stickied Post
    Dear friends, we are so glad that you're putting forward so many invaluable suggestions! Building a quick, responsible, efficiency feedback system is our goal, which is the main topic of this thread.

Therefore, if you have any other questions or suggestions about your phone, you can try to clicking here to seek for help. Hopping our customers' service could give you a hand. Thanks for your understanding! :kissingheart:

3. TheAyushJain
    Honeycomb Jul 13, 2020

TheAyushJain , via OnePlus 7T , Jul 13, 2020 :
    There are some sections in feedback tool , where it requires us to capture log then and there
    What if we had captured the feedback earlier regarding the same issue via log kit
    Now that makes that logkit one useless,
    the current implementation requires us to record logs then & there , and not upload or submit feedback with a earlier recorded logs

Kindly give us the option to upload our own logs.

Thank You !

@Fleming F.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2020

4. Girish.Pranav
    Honeycomb Jul 13, 2020

Girish.Pranav , Jul 13, 2020 :
    Wow let me think 🤔

Edit: so here are my thoughts @Fleming F.

What do you think of your overall experience with the Feedback tool?

The overall experience is quite good and the option for the user feedback is a lot easier to access. The issue you face gets solved in a fast manner. Personally, I felt this is one of the best user feedback, as compared to any other app's feedback. I also like how there are segregations for each type of problem, easier for anyone to report their issue.

Would you report bugs through the Feedback section? (What’s the reason if not?)
    That's a total yes.

So here are a few suggestions:

1) asking the users timely for a feedback would be good, as some don't always go to the user feedback. This will also ensure how users are satisfied with the app.

2) instead of a manual Bug report entry, there could be a way to automatically report bugs whenever the user faces it. Also improves the efficiency and useful to identify the root cause of the bug in the first place.

3) expanding the User feedback for other devices would be a great move! Many of them don't own a OnePlus device, but are willing to be a part of the community.
    I have used the community app in a non OnePlus device, and found many minor bugs which need to be fixed, but there isn't a user feedback option.

4) there's a lot of lag while either opening the threads or submitting a reply is not possible the first time, in Non OnePlus devices. The dark mode feature also hides the check-in feature and the dark theme is found to be irregular in various parts of the app.

thanks!

5. Batman360
    Lollipop Jul 13, 2020

6. Fleming F.

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience.:disrelieved: You can give this feedback in the feedback system, and we'll try our best to solve it.

7. Optimus_Prime_07
    Honeycomb Jul 13, 2020

Optimus_Prime_07 , via OnePlus 3 , Jul 13, 2020 :
    Great idea and thread @Fleming F. We really need a proper feedback system. Many times randomly thr popup cames that shows BugReport but after that nothing happens.

Also fron few days My application is looking very odd and every time i opens some things are blank.theme changes automatically and lot More. I have attached the screenshot for reference.

1594610285441.jpg

1594610285788.jpg

1594610285547.jpg

1594610285623.jpg

1594610285700.jpg

Dresa91 and G_plusone like this.
  8. NiyasAhamed
    Gingerbread Jul 13, 2020

Fleming F. likes this.
  9. A1591003569321
    Cupcake Jul 13, 2020

MazdaZohaib likes this.
  10. drvahab
    Cupcake Jul 13, 2020

drvahab , via OnePlus 5T , Jul 13, 2020 :
    IMO calls not working after upgrading to Android 10. It works only for sometime after installing the app. Then Stop working. If you re- install again, it works for sometime.then stop working. OnePlus 5T

MazdaZohaib likes this.
  11. Batman360
    Lollipop Jul 13, 2020

Batman360 , Jul 13, 2020 :
    @Fleming F. my answers are below:

Q1. What do you think of your overall experience with the Feedback tool?

Ans. The experience is really simple and smooth. Instead of asking some security related or some major issues on the forums from fellow community members, I tend to directly ask the engineers for help through the feedback section and that tells alot about how successful this section is and getting a satisfactory and fast resolution to the issue is what makes it more usable. If by any chance you see me helping users with their bugs in the forums, I mostly tend to redirect them to the feedback section because I know the support engineers will provide a better and permanent solution than me.

Q2. Would you report bugs through the Feedback section? (What’s the reason if not?)

Ans. Yes definitely I would. This question to me seems like "Having a home gym of your own and still paying and going to other gyms to exercise" 😜 No, but seriously this is a very handy feature that I would like to usez as the engineers are experienced in dealing with such issues and situations, so I can be sure of their resolution that it's going to work.

Q3. Did you meet any inconveniences while using Feedback?

Ans. Yes, at times and I would like to providea suggestion too in this. But first lets talk about inconvenience:
    a.) There is lag at times while opening this section via app, so I had to use website version of feedback to post an issue.

b.) This is a very subtle change but I would still recommend you guys implementing this because details matter right?
    Instead of writing "Frequency of occurrence" as "4_50%-100%" why not right "4.) 50% - 100%" because this seems more cleaner and easy to understand in one go.

c.) In security section you could add "Others" option for Pin and some other security issues. Also instead of adding others in all the sections, just make a new section "Others" and give us option to select for which section this other is for like is it for security, system, OnePlus app, etc. you get the gist.

Few suggestions:

a.) Can you please add submitting screen recording option alongside the add screenshot option? Because that will be really helpful and easy to provide to the engineer and for the engineer to understand the occurrence of the issue properly, like in case of system lags.

b.) Just a wild thought but can you add bug bounty programme too in the feedback section? 😉

Q4. Would you mind assisting engineers catching required log files in a follow-up contact?

Ans. To be totally honest sometimes I feel there might me security issues while sharing the log files with the engineer, I'ma little hesitant but then again I need my problems to get solved so I would share my log file with them.
    Also, instead of they responing with a whole big process of how to submit a log, why not make a tutorial video for it and send it whenever anyone has issue, this would be really helpful because when I was first showsn that whole list of procedures, I felt like "Eh! Who would read all this" (this is me being totally honest). So a tutorial video would help a lot to understand the procedure better for submission of logs.

Q5. Is the guidance from engineers clear?

Ans. As I mentioned in the above question, the video tutorial of sending log files will be an amazing update to the first response. And yes after that the reponses are pretty clear to me. But then sometimes they tend to use some technical words that even I am not aware of (being a software developer) so I had to Google it. But some of the users in forums are first time Android users and some don't really know what these terms would stand for, so why not respond in layman terms for people in general would also understand the guidance and responses from the support engineers.

Q6. Are you satisfied with the reply given from customer service?

Ans. Most of the times yes but recently there was this issue in 7 Pro beta version, that some users were getting locked out of their systems after the update and the pin they used to enter everytime to unlock the phone wasn't working and I was one of those "some users". So the solution provided to me was really broad and vague and why exactly the issue occurred was also not specified, they just said it's beta and it's unstable so this time I had to factory reset my device. So this was one of the instance I didn't get satisfactory resolution. Also the resolution timing for the issues could be faster.

So, that's all folks! These were my thoughts regarding the feedback section. I hope you consider them 😊

12. D1578218653423
    Cupcake Jul 13, 2020

D1578218653423 , Jul 13, 2020 :
    Hello,

I am facing technical issue with my mobile phone (oneplus 7t)
    It has been noticed that the microphone of the device stops working after 1or2 minutes of a call (basic phone call).
    The microphone is working perfectly allright in other applications and games.
    It might be a bug and I hope that you look into it and do the suitable actions.

Thanking You
    Reguards

13. K1570907113749
    Cupcake Jul 13, 2020

Joginder singh mansa likes this.
  14. D1594007656901
    Cupcake Jul 13, 2020

15. D1594007656901
    Cupcake Jul 13, 2020

16. razzor228
    Honeycomb Jul 13, 2020

Fleming F. likes this.
  17. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Jul 13, 2020

18. Tobikage
    Nougat Jul 13, 2020

19. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016 Jul 13, 2020

Dresa91 , Jul 13, 2020 :
    Hey @Fleming F. :)
    Thanks for asking the community for improving the feedback tool!:)

My suggestions:)
    1) What do you think of your overall experience with the Feedback tool?
    Well, the feedback tool is a great thing:) But it has to be more highlighted...

Would you report bugs through the Feedback section? (What’s the reason if not?)
    Yes! It is a great idea of having an all-in-one tool:)

Did you meet any inconveniences while using Feedback?
    No:)

Would you mind assisting engineers catching required log files in a follow-up contact?
    No:) It would be cool to get in touch with them and help them finding the right logs and a solution/workaround:)

Is the guidance from engineers clear?
    Yes:)

Are you satisfied with the reply given from customer service?
    so far, yes:) I never faced any problems with them:)

well, maybe on thing to improve...
    If someone wants to create a support thread, is it possible to run a catalog search against already created threads in the background when entering the title?
    I know this function for example in online shops in the Q&A section.
    The creator can then receive a list of suggestions. Maybe this helps him more :)

20. the_o2
    User of the Year 2018 Jul 13, 2020

the_o2 , Jul 13, 2020 :
    Here is few questions which were asked by few users.

As mentioned log capturing is automated. You no longer need to manually capture logs or wait for a bug hunter to share instructions on what logs need to be captured.
    Even if you submit the logs via app still bug hunters wants the log files.

If your phone is not charging (only charge when you restart the phone) or have some green or blue marks on the display how the screenshots will help in this kind of hardware issue situations?

And I personally feel the bug hunters replies are robotic, we have mention same thing twice.

Customer support service is really needs a lot of improvement especially in India.

Thank so much for this kind of threads, I really appreciate the effort the OnePlus making.

21. Optimus_Prime_07
    Honeycomb Jul 13, 2020

U1594913583672 likes this.