Here is why India doesn't have CM support.

1. aniketk1
    Gingerbread Nov 29, 2014

aniketk1 , Nov 29, 2014 :
    Buy the global version if you have patience. Flashing the global on indian will also do.

2. shantam31
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 29, 2014

shantam31 , Nov 29, 2014 :
    its just marketting buddy.. its business... u can flash the cm rom anytime .. its not that they differ in hardware..so global roms will work too on opo

3. kunal.ank
    Donut Nov 29, 2014

kunal.ank , Nov 29, 2014 :
    Should we buy OPO in India Ya buy frm other counties ,so we can get OTA Updates....

please help...

4. aniketk1
    Gingerbread Nov 29, 2014

aniketk1 , Nov 29, 2014 :
    Agreed!

5. asmitbose17
    Gingerbread Nov 29, 2014

asmitbose17 , Nov 29, 2014 :
    Hats off to you sir !!! it was simply EPIC !! :p XD

6. chinmaya
    Gingerbread Nov 29, 2014

chinmaya , Nov 29, 2014 :
    If u can purchase it from outside

7. ultimatum
    Gingerbread Nov 29, 2014

ultimatum , Nov 29, 2014 :
    I totally agree man! If you see, they posted about the launch on 25th of November. In the letter to the Indians posted yesterday, Carl mentions that Cyanogen told them about this on 26th of November.
    1. I call bullshit on this.
    2. I registered for "The One" newsletter on Amazon on 22nd of November. I have the confirmation email too.

This was all a planned tactic.

aniketk1 likes this.
  8. rahulsingh882142
    Honeycomb Nov 29, 2014

aniketk1 likes this.
  9. Dinesh Selvan
    Gingerbread Nov 29, 2014

Dinesh Selvan , Nov 29, 2014 :
    May force be with us.

10. parasnathus
    Froyo Nov 29, 2014

parasnathus , Nov 29, 2014 :
    i lost belief in OPO i bought global version in first pre-order but it seems they provided me refurbished one.its just a shit phone.

11. David S.
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 29, 2014

David S. , Nov 29, 2014 :
    This has literally come as a surprise, we didn't know CM would sign an exclusive partnership with another manufacturer in India.

Stop for a moment and think about how the events happened... If this was all about marketing, it would have been the dumbest marketing tactic we've ever pulled.

We will be shipping global versions, when the first customers start receiving their devices, you'll understand what this means and you'll be able to confirm that this has come all of a sudden.

We do not sell refurbished phones.

gsk1185, jags, h1man5hu and 11 others like this.
  12. mechanicalsatish
    Gingerbread Nov 29, 2014

mechanicalsatish , Nov 29, 2014 :
    Hearing all these stories is like watching an Indian masala film :p OPO announces launch date in India then after few days news CN withdraws support then YU has been named as villain for it and now the drama grows

13. meganoobmind
    Honeycomb Nov 29, 2014

meganoobmind , Nov 29, 2014 :
    I really enjoyed your post when i reading and it makes me laugh out loud. You have great sense of humour bro :)

mechanicalsatish likes this.
  14. apoorv
    Gingerbread Nov 29, 2014

apoorv , Nov 29, 2014 :
    @David S. These people do nothing but complain....
    True one plus fans won't give up on you...
    :)

15. ultimatum
    Gingerbread Nov 29, 2014

ultimatum , Nov 29, 2014 :
    Why Don't you guys sue Cyanogenmod? Can you not handle these situations? How can some company (Cyanogen) pull off random crap like this?

My suggestion : What's done is done. My suggestion is to continue building your in-house ROM and then replace the global version with it. That ought'a teach those kids (cyanogen) a lesson. With a huge strength of the recent million devices sold, it'll be a big hit to Cyanogen and should make them come begging for it.

sandym likes this.
  16. AAB4K
    Jelly Bean Nov 29, 2014

AAB4K , Nov 29, 2014 :
    This is all BS. Cyanogen decided to go with MMX. OP didn't do anything so stop taking side of CM.
    Cyanogenmod didn't broke tie in international version because if they do that They will be just dead.
    Cyanogenmod sold rights for particular region (India) to Micromax to get more butter for bread. cause obviously OPOs were not going to get sold in millions, but eventually MMX will. this is how they will get many customers in India. If OP had preplaned this they would have never promoted phone with CM. Cyanogen suddenly jumped out and said we are going with MMX. so this was preplaned by MMX & CM not OnePlus One. I am about to get India Invite & it will expire in 2 days. I just want to see configuration of first MMX Yu mobile. (If it is cheap & highly speced with Snapdragon I will regret buying OPO).
    Now I am in high pressure of choosing between OPO & Yu.
    Edit: There's nothing in screenshot.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 29, 2014

rajeevbthakar likes this.
  17. shivang31194
    Gingerbread Nov 29, 2014

aniketk1 and ns2097 like this.
  18. Deactivated User
    Nov 29, 2014

aniketk1 likes this.
  19. Saaketh
    Gingerbread Nov 29, 2014

Saaketh , Nov 29, 2014 :
    Y

Yes. An Cyanogen and Micromax will just sit back and chill while Oneplus makes fake accusations? What a great theory.

20. Akki4Trespasser
    Honeycomb Nov 29, 2014

Akki4Trespasser , Nov 29, 2014 :
    There's nothing to get confused!!
    See, thing is that A Company based on china called OnePlus make a Flagship Killer phone which got praise from all over the reviewers on the youtube!

So when we think OnePlus a china company known to manufacture a Flagship Killer phone!!
    Is that for real? What the hell, they r chineese fone manufacturer.. They don't tend to be good as other branded fones!

Origin from China does not decide the quality to be the same a Chinese. Its far Superior. Almost like the branded manufacturer uses in their flagship models.
    And what I see from Micromax flagship lines, they always tend to use the Mediatek chipset which is chineese based and most of the flagship don't debut with that!

OnePlus debut their fone with Qualcomm Snapdragon which is the main reason why it has the most praise over internet!

Not only the processor, The NAND chipset is powered by Toshiba eMMC 5.0, Ram is of Samsung Memory Module and all other parts r from well knowned manufacturers!

Now what is ur view angle for Micromax vs OnePlus..??

P.S. Since many manufacturer use Qualcomm chipets, so its quite stable as compared to exynos and mediatek cuz of open source optimization! xD

Invest for Device, Not the Brand!

aniketk1 and parado.x like this.