Hey Oneplus, I'm not buying a 6t. Here's why.

1. Anuradha Gugnani
    Cupcake Oct 30, 2018

Anuradha Gugnani , Oct 30, 2018 :
    Samsung sucks...I have been using Samsung A7 and the camera sucks.....sound quality is also not that great and with every new update the phone slows down even more and has started HANGING !!!!!

2. trueheart
    Froyo Oct 30, 2018

preemo and Budruel like this.
  3. Anuradha Gugnani
    Cupcake Oct 30, 2018

Anuradha Gugnani , Oct 30, 2018 :
    My daughter is using 5T, I need a phone for myself :( was looking forward to 6T but now am at a loss to understand what to do !!!! I guess will just struggle with my existing phone for another 6-7 months ..

4. G_Syark_Light_veOa
    Cupcake Oct 30, 2018

G_Syark_Light_veOa , Oct 30, 2018 :
    thats why i say its software like a second behind.. yeay i agree with you.. they bad at software optimization and bring the full potential of the good reliable hardware. previously i use samsung galaxy s3 that can be use until now with custom rom.. with the official rom it lag like a snail.. n usually the samsung phone will slow after update not like OP. So better not update in the big company phone. Then buy oneplus 5 and feel very amazed with it. but for me 5t is the best because for me it has complete package. not like OP6 because of the suck ugly notch. if no notch, 6 is the best for sure

5. G_Syark_Light_veOa
    Cupcake Oct 30, 2018

G_Syark_Light_veOa , Oct 30, 2018 :
    just go n search used 5t..cheaper or get other brand.. Op5 /5t hardware performance can be reliable up to 3 year.. if you dont mind having a phone with no headphone jack,no led notification, have notch, high price and just a slight difference in term of hardware, then just go buy it bro

6. IonGavriliuc97
    Eclair Oct 30, 2018

IonGavriliuc97 , Oct 30, 2018 :
    Dude, keep your OP3 and be lucky about it. Keep your OPOne and BE LUCKY ABOUT IT.
    Phones don't have to last 1-2 years. They should last as long as 4-5 years and so far OP is one of the few Commons who can do it. So be glad that you can't upgrade!
    Save your money and spend them on more useful stuff, you'll upgrade when it is necessary for you, not when a new cool gimmicky feature comes out.

As for the lack of some features, that is the reason this phone costs 500-600$

Last edited: Oct 30, 2018

7. Majed.HQ
    Gingerbread Oct 30, 2018

8. KejPik
    Gingerbread Oct 30, 2018

KejPik , Oct 30, 2018 :
    For me the camera is a big disappointment. I expected some improvements but there is literally nothing new :-(

Mr.Doge likes this.
  9. Son_of_Anarchy
    Donut Oct 30, 2018

Son_of_Anarchy , Oct 30, 2018 :
    OPPO R17 PRO already has 50W SuperVOOC , i was just waiting to see new Dash charging generation in op6t.
    and even new cameras .

but nothing .!

where i can buy OPPO R17 pro instead OP6T??

10. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Oct 30, 2018

dsmonteiro , Oct 30, 2018 :
    I stand corrected then.

As for your question, you need to check your local stores.

11. Mr.Doge
    Froyo Oct 30, 2018

Mr.Doge , Oct 30, 2018 :
    If you don't mind not having notification led, stereo speakers, wide angle lens, waterproofing, wireless charging and headphone jack, then it sure is a good choice. But I personnaly will wait for some of these features to come.

12. Mr.Doge
    Froyo Oct 30, 2018

Mr.Doge , Oct 30, 2018 :
    I also agree with you for the aluminum back, I think it is better in every point, more solid, catches less fingerprints, lighter, cheaper, but I don't think they will go back now, and today every flagship is made of glass so it wouldn't be appealing to users of other brands.

13. G_Tomas_Nini_EneZ
    Froyo Oct 30, 2018

G_Tomas_Nini_EneZ , Oct 30, 2018 :
    R17 pro... Have you have heard?

14. stephsch23
    Donut Oct 30, 2018

stephsch23 , Oct 30, 2018 :
    because i changed from s8+ (broken display) to op6 three weeks ago . was thinking abuot a Change the last weeks before and decided to wait for 6t . Bam Display was broken so i thought give the op6 a Go

15. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Oct 30, 2018

dsmonteiro , Oct 30, 2018 :
    See above:
    Still, haven't been able to find it available for purchase anywhere. Was a price already announced?

16. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Oct 30, 2018

Cheetosdust , Oct 30, 2018 :
    The R17 Pro will be called RX17 Pro in Europe, launch is scheduled for November 6, and "Anyway, the R17 Pro will cost CNY 4,300 in China, which is €543 in Europe. That’s how much the Oppo R15 Pro currently costs in Italy and is how much we expect the new model to cost”.

(GSMArena)

dsmonteiro likes this.
  17. F_Mohammed_Salman_NIND
    Gingerbread Oct 30, 2018

F_Mohammed_Salman_NIND , Oct 30, 2018 :
    I have both op5 and op6. But as op5 user the finger print sensor in op6t is way too slow for the oneplus device with front fingerprint sensor. Most of the community members were asking for stereo speakers, IP rating, wireless charging and sd card space or at least to provide one of them none expected all those to be present immediately in next phones. Yet none of them are missing wit the beloved headphone jack. Op6t stands and shines only at gorilla glass 6 and bigger battery, for me notch is a notch whatever its size may be. While balancing the pros and cons op6t in not an upgrade, it should be option for consumers to buy between op6 or op6t with rear or front fingerprint scanner, faster conventional finger print or slower intuitive finger print sensors, head phone jack or bigger battery respectively. Its purely driven by peoples charge. Op6 and op6t stands in the same league with some changes, it seems like galaxy s and note series, either of them are an upgrade to their yesteryear flagships.

Mr.Doge likes this.
  18. G_Tomas_Nini_EneZ
    Froyo Oct 30, 2018

G_Tomas_Nini_EneZ , Oct 30, 2018 :
    Search for gadgetmatch on YouTube :)

dsmonteiro likes this.
  19. Tom886
    Donut Oct 30, 2018

Tom886 , Oct 30, 2018 :
    Weird, reading all the comments, I have a Deja Vu.
    When the OP5 came out, people complained, OP5T same and guess what, also complain with OP6.
    I use the OP3T and I am pretty happy with it, but every 2 years its time for a new mobile.
    I was considering to buy last year the OP5T, but having a Fingerprint Reader on the back is a no-go. Why?
    My mobiles have a Protective Case and every protective case did have an impact on the FPR on the back.
    Pretty annoying when u unlock the banking app or other apps with FPR.
    Headphone Jack: I personally never used it, so I don't care because the only music i am listening to is from Spotify streaming to Android Auto.
    LED notification light? For what, Ambient display shows the info and I have an Android Wear watch. So for me personally also not necessary.
    As for Bluetooth Audio, someone wrote it's a fact that BT Audio is inferior to wired headphones.
    I disagree, if buying a shitty wired headphone, I doubt the sound is better than BT Audio, however if u buy a shitty BT headphone, the result sux also. So without any clarification, these statements are pretty dangerous.
    IP Rating: Well, I recall to see an disassembly of the OP6 and it stated that it is very good secured against water and dust. So even an IP Rating is not stated, but I believe if get tested it would pass also IP67 or better.
    For me the OP6T is a worthy upgrade compared to the OP3T.
    Fingerprintreader is on the front again, battery is bigger, I believe the camera is also better than the one from the OP3T, the size didn't increase so much, the price is still reasonable (CP value is great) and the Oxygen OS is closest to Vanilla Android than any others (Nokia is maybe better, but has disadvantages) and OP can be rooted (very important for me).
    IMHO, if having an OP5(T) or OP6 no need to upgrade, OP3(T) maybe upgrade, but due the OP3(T) will also receive Android Pie its maybe not necessary. The OP3(T) is still a great phone.

Cheers
    Tom

5star02707, Budruel, skhaan and 2 others like this.
  20. mineir0
    Cupcake Oct 30, 2018