Hey Oneplus, I'm not buying a 6t. Here's why.

1. pranav161996
    Cupcake Oct 31, 2018

pranav161996 , Oct 31, 2018 :
    I support you, oneplus has gone from customer based phone making company to a part of the herd that makes generic phones. OnePlus one, 3,3t became a hit in tge market for being unique and to top it all it was what we wanted but nobody provided us that. Whether it be rear panels of oneplus one (sandstone black) to the usability in op3t.. Oneplus 5 was a blatatnt copy of iphone, 5t brought some hope with a tinge of uniqueness, 6 was a blatant copy of iphone X and 6t is part of the u shaped notch ..

I only hope oneplus rediscovers its roots and keeps doing different things...

2. civ4
    Gingerbread Oct 31, 2018

3. W1539798201955
    Eclair Oct 31, 2018

W1539798201955 , Oct 31, 2018 :
    one plus has made a good decision to make only minimal changes to op6t as compared to op6. since the camera, processors and rf are same there will be faster turnaround time for supporting both models. but opo should have invested in developing a facial unlock than a on screen finger print as it is the way forward. both face and finger print are not as secure as the good old pin as both can be used to unlock unvoluntarly.

4. E1540706689449
    Cupcake Oct 31, 2018

E1540706689449 , Oct 31, 2018 :

Bouncer71

I've got one more reason for you...
    Still features just USB 2.0... ;D​

yeah nowdays every technology using USB 3.0 but OnePlus using the 2.0 so bad. Even big storage but they have only 2.0.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018

Budruel and Bouncer71 like this.
  5. panchodiaz
    Eclair Oct 31, 2018

panchodiaz , Oct 31, 2018 :
    Agree
    This the big loss of all.
    Jack 3.5mm you can use your 20 bucks bluetooth speaker or use the dongle. Now it's convenient
    But , No LED for notifications is unacceptable. How do you replace it? Ambient Display?

6. sergioreja
    Honeycomb Oct 31, 2018

sergioreja , Oct 31, 2018 :
    I'm sticking with my 6. Headphone jack is still important to me and I want to wait at least one generation more for a faster and more reliable onscreen fingerprint scanner. Also it is highly possible that the 7 comes with 5G support.

7. iNtEnSePL
    KitKat Oct 31, 2018

iNtEnSePL , Oct 31, 2018 :
    is not the little price anymore, please take of your pink glasses...

you could have said that in 3/3T era, but now 1k is ridiculous and 600 is high. what is the exact thing that should make it more expensive? no jack, no led? FP sensor that changed its location? a few % bigger battery? camera sensor that costs the same like old sensor costed 3 years ago? The same goes with chipset. The screen is all the same technology, the same PPI. What justifies the constant price rise?

The same old USB 2.0 charging tech?

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018

skhaan and E1540706689449 like this.
  8. iNtEnSePL
    KitKat Oct 31, 2018

OnePlus should have put the led in one of antenna bands and problem solved

9. serginio
    Cupcake Oct 31, 2018

serginio , Oct 31, 2018 :
    Another point which confirm your none buying 6T is the big improvement or SAR (head, Europe référence) beetween Oneplus 3 and Oneplus 6T:

Oneplus 3: 0,39W/kg
    Oneplus 6T: 1,2W/kg

10. Mr.Doge
    Froyo Oct 31, 2018

Mr.Doge , Oct 31, 2018 :
    I'm not so sure cause buying oneplus means giving money to them, and everyone loves money.

11. EverythingWithAlex
    Gingerbread Oct 31, 2018

12. JackFou
    Froyo Oct 31, 2018

JackFou , Oct 31, 2018 :
    I'm really not loving the finger print scanner in the display. Sure, I see why people prefer a scanner on the front over the back but now you have to wake up the phone first before you can unlock it which is just another step that feels entirely unnecessary.

Add to that the removal of the headphone jack and the notification led and I'm only seeing steps backward, not forward.

I'm hoping I can score a good deal for a OP6 soon, otherwise I'm done with OnePlus.

13. GreenHornet188
    Eclair Oct 31, 2018

GreenHornet188 , Oct 31, 2018 :
    The things I'm most irritated about are the lack of stereo speakers and still no USB 3 support. But the camera is a awesome and way better than my OP3
    Remember this phone is significantly cheaper than others so comparisons should be taken with a pinch of salt

14. iNtEnSePL
    KitKat Oct 31, 2018

Being cheaper and being worth it is not the same thing. Let's just say that it's a product with advantages and flaws priced to manufacturer's liking. Take it or leave it and that's it. It's only a brick made of metal and glass... like hundreds others.

skhaan and Mr.Doge like this.
  15. anshul_19
    Donut Oct 31, 2018

anshul_19 , Oct 31, 2018 :
    that is not how charging a battery works. the charge time for 0-20 is much shorter than 80-100. so the first 75-80% is very fast and then the charging speed slows down a bit from 80 to 100. so it infact charges more in the same amount of time because it can maintain the higer charging rate for more mAh's.

16. G_Alexandre_Thay_oNBn
    Gingerbread Oct 31, 2018

17. GreenHornet188
    Eclair Oct 31, 2018

GreenHornet188 , Oct 31, 2018 :
    I agree, the Oneplus 3 was 329 pounds compared to the 600 or 700 for iphones or galaxies. Nowadays its more close. I'm just hoping that coming phones really tick all the boxes or else I'm ditching oneplus as much as I love it.

Mr.Doge and iNtEnSePL like this.
  18. iNtEnSePL
    KitKat Oct 31, 2018

They won't. OnePlus is not big enough to go for Galaxy or iPhone, so they have to sit on lower branch of tree for the time being. Period. They use only components provided by Oppo/Vivo. Samsung MANUFACTURERS components for itself, Apple designs it's own chips. Oneplus designs a new shape of the notch (err.. not even that, Oppo made it). That's the difference. So right now they are charging maximum they can for an average phone with top CPU inside and large RAM (that is unnecessary - but they have to differentiate somehow).

To sum up, it's an OK phone, and a good option for people for whom it ticks the most important boxes like speed, software updates, rooting, sometimes price (but with every iteration less and less).

It's not trendy, it's not cool, it's neither the cheapest nor the best. It's... an option to consider. That is OnePlus.

Budruel and GreenHornet188 like this.
  19. ouyamaster
    Honeycomb Oct 31, 2018

ouyamaster , Oct 31, 2018 :

iNtEnSePL

They won't. OnePlus is not big enough to go for Galaxy or iPhone, so they have to sit on lower branch of tree for the time being. Period. They use only components provided by Oppo/Vivo. Samsung MANUFACTURERS components for itself, Apple designs it's own chips. Oneplus designs a new shape of the notch (err.. not even that, Oppo made it). That's the difference. So right now they are charging maximum they can for an average phone with top CPU inside and large RAM (that is unnecessary - but they have to differentiate somehow).

To sum up, it's an OK phone, and a good option for people for whom it ticks the most important boxes like speed, software updates, rooting, sometimes price (but with every iteration less and less).

It's not trendy, it's not cool, it's neither the cheapest nor the best. It's... an option to consider. That is OnePlus.​

So many People in this forum Just willing to accept apple Notch copying.

Sorry not me.

It appears in videos unacceptable.

Op5T is still op best phone.

Yes 6t isn't bad if you don't mind a notch.

But for me unacceptable.

Hopefully op7 drops the teardrop.

They have to have enough sense to just buy some notchless screens from Samsung.

My favorite phones thus far were opo and op5t. There were things like no NFC op2 and notch no headphone jack op6t that are deal breakers for me.

Can't say I'll buy op7 or not but if it has a notch I guarantee I won't.

Price creep might make buying from another vendor more desirable if op7 doesn't remove the notch also.

Really not enough difference in op5t and op6t to accept notch and no headphone jack.

Budruel, GreenHornet188 and iNtEnSePL like this.
  20. darksavior21
    Froyo Oct 31, 2018

darksavior21 , Oct 31, 2018 :
    Well, it's a marginal upgrade but honestly, I won't buy a phone without a headphone jack. I would rather opt for mid range phones that have a jack vs flagship that doesn't have one.