Hi all my OnePlus 8 pro is not warp charging via OnePlus 8 Pro

1. O1559436228405
    Cupcake Sep 26, 2020

jefite01 likes this.
  2. jefite01
    Cupcake Sep 27, 2020

jefite01 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Sep 27, 2020 :
    I'm using the 8 Pro and having the same issue when using the OP Warp 30 Charging Stand.
    When I put my phone on the stand, it shows the Warp Charging animation, but it takes about two hours for a full charge. It's very slow.
    In contrast to the charging stand, when using the OP Warp 30 Car Charger, the phone charges super quickly.
    At the end of the day, this $70 OP Charging Stand feels like a huge waste of money.

3. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Sep 27, 2020 :
    I'm assuming you are refering to the wireless charging stand? Have any case on? Some cases can drop the speed considerably. The thicker case the worse.

jefite01 likes this.
  4. Swejuggalo
    Lollipop Sep 27, 2020

Swejuggalo , Sep 27, 2020 :
    Tried a other orginal charger or cable? Any debri in the charge port? Does a reboot matter? Tried slow charging for a few minutes via a regular computer port and then reconnect to the warp charger?

jefite01 likes this.
  5. jefite01
    Cupcake Sep 27, 2020

jefite01 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Sep 27, 2020 :
    Swejuggalo, thanks so much - I don't know why I didn't think of this.

You are correct. I was referring to the wireless charger, and I have had the OP sandstone case on. I will try it today without the case.

That makes a lot of sense, and I should have thought of it.

Swejuggalo likes this.
  6. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Sep 27, 2020 :
    Great. Tested it without a case a few times. Works pretty nice. Mostly charge nightly with bedtime mode and with case though. Then speed is no issue anyway.
    Speed reaches the max speed without a case put on of 2 reasons. They have to maximize the speed it at some known position. When having a case on you leave the optimal position and also put a heat isolating cover on the phone.
    They could potentially offer a charger with dual coils that is optimized for both nude phones and original cases. But I believe it could be some problems keeping 30W and not getting some interference by the additional coil.

jefite01 likes this.
  7. jefite01
    Cupcake Sep 27, 2020