Hi

1. Sploits
    Cupcake Feb 19, 2020

Sploits , Feb 19, 2020 :
    Hi there,

First time OnePlus owner (just bought the 7 Pro) after being with Samsung since the S2 days.

So far loving the phone bar a few niggles but hopefully I can get some support on these issues and have a phone that I'll love for many years to come.

drmartin likes this.
  2. Ake Winther
    Gingerbread Feb 19, 2020

Ake Winther , Feb 19, 2020 :
    What OS (version of Oxygen) are you running and what are your problems?

3. Sploits
    Cupcake Feb 19, 2020

Sploits , Feb 19, 2020 :
    Hi Ake,

I'm running Oxygen OS 10.3.0

My main issue is the Bluetooth tethering. I have it switched on and when I try and use it in my car it never gets a data connection. My mobile data works fine when using the handset but I can never connect through Bluetooth Tethering. The strange thing is though when I am parked at home and my phone picks up my WiFi then the Bluetooth tethering works fine (so I'm assuming it is connecting via Bluetooth and then using my home network).

Bluetooth tethering did work fine on my Note 9 using the same sim and it works when my phone is connected to my home network so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong (if anything). It is as if the 7 Pro is blocking the data connection when my phone is using mobile data and Bluetooth tethering is active.

I use Bluetooth tethering quite a lot for info and Internet Radio within my car (Merc).

I've searched numerous forums and even used ADB shell and changed the dun setting as per a supposed fix I found online but it still refuses to work.

Hopefully that makes sense

4. Ake Winther
    Gingerbread Feb 19, 2020

Ake Winther , Feb 19, 2020 :
    This seems to be a common problem with 10.x.x.

Try this, one thing at a time:

- Move your SIM to slot no. 2
    - Factory reset your phone. Make a backup of your phone with OnePlus Switch and move the backup to a computer before so you can restore your data after the reset.
    - Update OS to 10.3.1
    - As a last resort downgrade to Pie. I'm still on Pie since there are to many problems with 10. Pie is very stable and everything just works. Downside are the security patches. Doesn't bother me though!

5. Sploits
    Cupcake Feb 19, 2020

Sploits , Feb 19, 2020 :
    Hi Ake,

Thank you for your help, I was getting so frustrated with this that the phone was going back to Amazon! I need the tether as local radio stations here aren't that good.

I shall try everything you've listed and report back.

Thanks again

6. Sploits
    Cupcake Feb 20, 2020

Sploits , Feb 20, 2020 :
    Well.............

Today consisted of:
    • Swapping the sim to sim 2
    • Upgrading to the very latest OOS
    • Downgrading to Android 9
    • Multiple factory resets
    Nothing worked.

I then tried my business sim which is on another network (I'm on personal EE UK and business is BT UK). The Bluetooth tethering worked! I looked into the APN for both sim 1 (EE) and sim 2 (BT) and then realised that BT piggyback off EE so the settings were pretty much the same........ Apart from 1!
    MVNO type was set to GID with BT but had no setting on EE. I changed this on the EE APN to GID and the MVNO value to FFFF. I done a quick reboot of the phone and tried it and it worked!

I was on the verge of sending the phone back to Amazon and trying another manufacturer but I had to give it one last try as I really like the phone. I'm so glad I did!

Ake thank you again for your time in trying to assist me. It's nice to know that the OnePlus Community are there for each other

Ake Winther likes this.
  7. Ake Winther
    Gingerbread Feb 20, 2020

Sploits likes this.
  8. Sploits
    Cupcake Feb 20, 2020

Sploits , Feb 20, 2020 :
    Thanks Ake,

It was pure luck. I don't even know what the settings mean that I have changed :)

9. Ziertus
    Froyo Feb 20, 2020

10. Sploits
    Cupcake Feb 20, 2020

11. SoniaB
    Nougat Senior Moderator Feb 20, 2020

Sploits likes this.
  12. Sploits
    Cupcake Feb 21, 2020