hidden notification bar won't slide down ease

1. akeijzer
    Donut Aug 6, 2019

akeijzer , Aug 6, 2019 :
    hey all,

I have bought a OnePlus 7 pro last week!
    Lastly I experience a difficulty sliding down the notification bar in a fullscreen app like YouTube (when it is in the hidden state)
    I use the OnePlus carbon case and didn't remove the pre-applied screenprotector, I think that may be the problem but it is very annoying...
    anyone else experiencing this?
    or better: does anyone know a (temporary) software solution?

Never Settle!

2. Aakash047
    Gingerbread Aug 7, 2019

Aakash047 , Aug 7, 2019 :
    It is kinda annoying but I don't think there's any solution rn. We can only hope they fix it with updates.

akeijzer likes this.
  3. akeijzer
    Donut Aug 7, 2019

akeijzer , Aug 7, 2019 :
    yeah it is very annoying and the problem is at all rotations...
    I think it is the edge of the pre-applied screenprotector that's causing the problem... the only easy way to slide down the notification bar in a hidden state is by using the speaker cutout at the top of the screen and use that few extra nanometers to slide down the notification bar, which also brings up the onscreen buttons at the bottom of the screen, so that's more annoying....
    I now use the speaker cutout to slide down the notification bar to use the navigation keys at the bottom of the screen...
    I hope the new android version upcoming (I heard of one with new navigation gestures or something like that) will fix all of these annoying things

4. Aakash047
    Gingerbread Aug 7, 2019

Aakash047 , Aug 7, 2019 :
    I think they've intentionally made it like that to avoid unwanted touches, sometimes that can be a problem too cuz of the curved screen. We'll just have to see what solution they come up with.

akeijzer likes this.
  5. akeijzer
    Donut Aug 7, 2019

akeijzer , Aug 7, 2019 :
    yeah for the curved side I would understand that but for the top and bottom of the screen it is more annoying and the screen isn't curved there...