Hidden space removal

?

Would you like the tradional hidden space feature to come back?

This poll will close on Nov 25, 2022 at 2:55 PM.
  1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. P1594212533005
    Cupcake May 25, 2022

P1594212533005 , May 25, 2022 :
    Since the traditional hidden space has been removed and replaced with the absolutely useless "hide apps" feature, I think there is enough negative feedback on it in various comment sections/forums around the internet for the developers to understand that the original hidden space needs to return. Is this something that's being worked on? Does anyone know?

No one wants to enter #password# to access their hidden apps that they were once able to access by simply swiping right in their app drawer. Furthermore, once an app is hidden using the new "hide app" function, its associated widgets also get removed. For example I have an app who's widget gives me a "word of the day" and its definition on my home screen; I do not need to see the icon for the app in my app drawer so I would have it in the hidden space. Now when I add it to "hide app," it not only removes the app icon from the app drawer but also removes the widget; how is this useful?

Now my app drawer is littered with icons for apps that I may use a few times a year among the ones I use regularly and you can't even create a folder in the app drawer to put these apps that you don't use often in either; that feature doesn't exist. This is a big enough negative change in the user experience to cause me to change OSs with my next phone purchase.

2. Caomhin
    9 Series Expert, Participator of the Year Community Expert May 25, 2022

drl431 and P1594212533005 like this.