High-brightness mode and AoD on OnePlus 7 series

1. Darkness_Moulded
    Donut Apr 26, 2019

Darkness_Moulded , Apr 26, 2019 :
    Since this is the generation OnePlus is finally focusing on the display panels they use, will we finally see the advent of two features we have been asking forever for: always-on display and high brightness mode(in sunlight)?

Even the current panels OnePlus uses on the 6 and 6T are pretty nice. However, they don't support these two features, which should come by default on an AMOLED panel.

S1558269980867 likes this.
  2. Matt 80
    Lollipop Apr 26, 2019

Matt 80 , Apr 26, 2019 :
    Who told you those panels don't support always on display? Any amoled panel can utilize AOD, the only reason oneplus don't is because of the high battery drain. They removed the feature from the 6 because of this, although I personally believe they should've just left the feature in there and gave the user the choice of having it on or off.

3. dermot33
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 26, 2019

dermot33 , Apr 26, 2019 :
    Absolutely,we should be fighting for this feature,Why take it away completely without giving us a choice

Yasir935 and Varun Narayan like this.
  4. Darkness_Moulded
    Donut Apr 26, 2019

Darkness_Moulded , Apr 26, 2019 :
    By not support, I meant not supported in OxygenOS. You can get that, as well as High-brightness mode in custom ROMs, and that's exactly what I meant to ask for in this post.