High Power Usage Reminder

1. brainbow30
    Cupcake Jul 30, 2017

brainbow30 , Jul 30, 2017 :
    How do you disable the notification that tells you an app is using too much power, per app would be more useful but if not how to turn them all off would be fine

2. jkspeaks
    Froyo Jul 30, 2017

jkspeaks , Jul 30, 2017 :
    If you turned it off and had a huge battery drain, you won't be able to find it.

3. jkspeaks
    Froyo Jul 30, 2017

jkspeaks , Jul 30, 2017 :
    It's better to leave certain things as is. If you are too particular, try a different ROM.

4. TEROWE
    Donut Aug 3, 2017

TEROWE , Aug 3, 2017 :
    Good question. Terrible answer. Anyone got a better one? I went into Battery Optimisation (sic) set Facebook to Don't Optimize but I am still getting a regular message "high power usage reminder" to tell me that it is using 2% of my power. Rightly so as that is the app I use the most. How can I turn this off?

5. meatandy
    Oreo Aug 3, 2017

meatandy , Aug 3, 2017 :
    Can you go into the FB app itself
    ( in settings ) ?

I don't have the app myself. ;)

6. veda2810
    Gingerbread Aug 3, 2017

veda2810 , Aug 3, 2017 :
    Is there a way when a app is using high power or behaving notoriously the device force stops it automatically ?

7. jkspeaks
    Froyo Aug 3, 2017

jkspeaks , Aug 3, 2017 :
    When I "had" apps like Greenify, CM lite, etc. It notifies me about such notorious apps and let's me do the force stop. Depending on the setting, it can do the job automatically too. The vanilla Android, I doubt has the ability to force stop.

8. ksavard
    Cupcake Dec 5, 2017

ksavard , Dec 5, 2017 :

9. ksavard
    Cupcake Dec 5, 2017

ksavard , Dec 5, 2017 :
    Have you gotten an answer for this stupid power usage reminder yet ? This never used to happen then a couple of software updates ago, I started getting this constantly with facebook and facebook messenger as well as instagram and others that I use regularly. My battery is working fine, it is not draining fast, and in fact this message pops up even when my battery is 100% charged and still plugged in because I wake up in the morning and usually see it every day.

Attached Files:

10. brainbow30
    Cupcake Dec 5, 2017

brainbow30 , Dec 5, 2017 :
    I haven't I'm afraid

11. ksavard
    Cupcake Dec 5, 2017

ksavard , Dec 5, 2017 :
    WTF, I love this phone, it is definitely the best phone I have had in years, but this notification is so aggravating, I emailed oneplus support, and they don't seem to understand the problem.

12. ksavard
    Cupcake Dec 5, 2017

ksavard , Dec 5, 2017 :
    Here is the first response I got from support. .......
    [​IMG]

OnePlus Customer Support (OnePlus)

Dec 5, 08:54 CST

Hello Customer,

Thank you for contacting OnePlus. This is Casey from the Email Support team and I'll be glad to assist you with your concern today.

I understand that you keep on receiving reminders or warnings or two dots on any app on your device and it keeps your phone battery drained. I know that it's important to have our phones ready for use and well-charged. Let me help you with your concern.

I'd like to ask some details in regards to your device.

1. Have you recently set any notification for any apps?

2. Was the issue started after updating to the latest OS version?

3. What was the prior activity before the issue starts?

4. Have you recently installed any 3rd party apps?

5. Was the phone dropped or exposed to liquid substance?

For me to be able to get the whole scope of the issue, I'd like to request if you could take a screenshot or short video of the issue. This is for me to check every angle of it to find out the main issue of the error.

Should you have further concern, please let me know.

Best Regards,

Casey

13. ksavard
    Cupcake Dec 5, 2017

ksavard , Dec 5, 2017 :
    then the second response when I answered the 5 questions with I said I didn't set any notifications for any apps, told them the issue was at LEAST 2 updates ago and the 2 most recent updates didn't fix it. the prior activity could be that i was on facebook, then closed the phone screen and set the phone down and it just pops up, 4 i have not recently installed any 3rd party apps and 5 the phone has never touched water or been dropped. ......so i replied with >>>>
    No you did not understand my issue.

Two Dots is not a notification it is a game app.

The problem started with some update that was at least 2 updates ago, I NEVER used to get any high usage reminders telling a specific app like facebook is draining my battery, the battery is NOT being drained, its fine, I am satisfied that there is nothing currently installed on my phone that is causing excess battery drain.

The problem is this stupid reminder pops up just about EVERY day.

And I went into settings>battery>battery optimization and I switched every app I use regularly to DON’T OPTIMIZE

And I am still getting these reminders that some app is draining my battery.

For example Facebook

I am on daily, and I close it out on my phone, but apparently the app still runs in the background and randomly that message pops up saying facebook is draining my battery.

14. ksavard
    Cupcake Dec 5, 2017

ksavard , Dec 5, 2017 :
    Then their last response was this gem >>>>

Hello Savard,

I appreciate you for getting back to us and for cases like these, please make sure instead of disabling the battery saver and batter optimization it must be enabled. I'd like to emphasize that it is normal for Android device to have a popup on usage mostly on the background that is running even if you didn't use.

Please let me know if you have additional questions. Thank you very much and hoping to hear from you soon.

Best regards,

Casey
    OnePlus Customer Support

15. ksavard
    Cupcake Dec 5, 2017

ksavard , Dec 5, 2017 :

So I replied with this and have not heard back from them yet >>>>

I respectfully disagree,

It is NOT normal for Android system to have an unnecessary UNWANTED popup on usage, when the usage is not draining the battery significantly.

This message pops up EVEN when the phone is plugged in and charging and is at 100% battery level.

My problem is not my battery, my problem is this NEEDLESS high power usage notification that you see in the attached photo.

I would like to stop that notification from popping up on the status bar, I do not need to know if an app is using too much power.

And if I do decide I want to know that, I will go into the setting that you should have and turn that notification ON.

If we are not supposed to turn off battery optimization, then why is there an option in the operating system that allows users to turn off battery optimization on each app that is on our phones.

Anyway, Please tell me where in my settings I need to go, to STOP this incessant reminder from CONSTANTLY popping up.

My battery doesn’t drain that fast, it is working fine right now, and I do not want these dumb notifications. There are a ton of users in online forums complaining about this notification.

NOBODY WANTS IT !

16. ksavard
    Cupcake Dec 5, 2017

ksavard , Dec 5, 2017 :
    AND THIS WAS THE RESPONSE I GOT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Hello Savard,

I appreciate the response.

I understand your view on this matter. To properly isolate this issue, kindly perform a hard reset. The reason behind doing a 'hard reset' is to return your phone back to its factory default settings. This enables us to address potential software related issues and isolates this technical difficulty more efficiently. ---- I am NOT doing a hard reset. this is such bologna

17. ksavard
    Cupcake Dec 5, 2017

ksavard , Dec 5, 2017 :
    So apparently, the answer is, you don't, because nobody there knows anything about how to stop it, they don't know what causes it, and they don't have a solution or a workaround besides doing a hard reset, which I am NOT doing because that will not resolve this software problem, and I don't want to go thru the hassle of backing everything up, then having to re-add the things that can't be backed up etc...Here is my complete correspondence with Casey from Support who clearly doesn't know what the problem is let alone how to fix it and he has not forwarded me to another person or supervisor who knows something either......... read from the bottom up to here

Hi Casey,

I have already posted this entire correspondence in a forum and gotten nowhere, much like I have gotten nowhere in several emails with you.

You have yet to identify what is making this notification happen, and I requested in that last message to speak to a Supervisor, or someone else who will give me a straight answer. What you have given me in this message is nothing. You have no idea why I am getting this, so your knowledge of the product isn’t advanced enough to assist me. I understand, and it’s fine, but I am asking you to forward my concerns to someone who can give me a REAL answer.

Hear are 3 possible REAL answers :

==

Hello Mr. Savard, this was added in our 4.1.xxx update, unfortunately it is automatic and there is no way for the user to prevent the notification from occurring, we will however add it to our next update.
    OR Better still

==

Hello Mr. Savard, you can go into settings then go into notifications, then find the TURN OFF HIGH POWER USAGE REMINDER and slide your thumb over to turn it off so you will no longer get this annoying, aggravating, useless, utterly worthless notification.

==

Hello Mr. Savard,

I have forwarded your question to my supervisor as I do not know the answer to it.
    He will get back to you within 24 hours.

I know I am not the only complaining about this nuisance of a message.
    There are TONS of people posting online about this, and NOBODY from ONEPLUS has been able to provide a legitimate answer to the question.

I would like your supervisor or someone with knowledge about this notification that is happening in your product I purchased to respond to this question with a REAL ANSWER.

Thanks,

[​IMG]

Customer Support (OnePlus)

Dec 6, 04:08 CST

Hello Savard,

We greatly appreciate your time and effort in reaching out to us. Your concern is of utmost importance. In order to provide greater visibility on your request/suggestions. I recommend submitting feedback through our forums https://forums.oneplus.net/forums/community-feedback/ and join the whole OnePlus community so you can share your ideas and innovations.

We will take note of your feedback and make sure to work on it for improvement in the future. Nevertheless, thank you for your patience and we will do our best to improve our services as we take our stand to follow our slogan "Never Settle". I know that we still have a lot of things to improve and we will do our best to satisfy our customers.

Let me know if there's anything else.

Best Regards,

Casey
    OnePlus Customer Support

Savard, Kevin

Dec 6, 00:41 CST

Hi Casey,

I am not doing a hard reset to address a software issue.

This isn’t a glitch that a reset could possibly correct, it is an intentional and by your description “normal” message alerting me of high power usage, that I do not want to get, so an update needs to either add it as an option or get rid of it altogether (I vote you guys get rid of it)

One of your software updates contained the addition of this notification, you guys need to find out which one,

Or make it a setting that the users can turn OFF at least so we don’t have to deal with this.

Performing a hard reset is not going to change the android software that is in place that produces this message ?

So I am not doing that.

Can you transfer my issue to a supervisor and forward our correspondence please ?

Somebody there must know how to get rid of this notification.

Thanks,

Kevin Savard

Attached Files: