[Submitted] High power usage warning

1. SahilQureshi
    Honeycomb Oct 5, 2017

SahilQureshi , Oct 5, 2017 :
    No specific reproduction step. If device detects high usage then warnimg is shown.

JuhG and MrPuma like this.
  2. G_Cameron_Lee_KoKK
    Cupcake Dec 7, 2017

G_Cameron_Lee_KoKK , Dec 7, 2017 :
    I am having this issue as well. Its a cool feature but needs an option to turn it off. Here's what's happening to me:

Every once in a while, sometimes when I'm using my phone and sometimes when it's in my pocket, it'll vibrate and the following notification will pop up:

1512632469355.jpg
    Of course, slack is a messaging app I have installed that constantly runs in the background so I imagine this is accurate. And seeing this the first time, I was like "cool, good to know", and dismissed the notification. But then, later the same day it popped up again (with vibrate) and I was like "OK, I know that already, I've decided the power usage of this app is ok for what I'm expecting it to do, how do I turn this notification off?". Since then, I'm getting 3 or more notifications a day (all for Slack although other people are complaining about Facebook, Instagram, Facebook Messenger, etc...) and after much searching in settings and internet sleuthing, I cannot find any way to turn off, disable, or at least get these notifications to stop vibrating.

I have set Slack to "Don't Optimize" in Battery Optimization in settings but I still get notifications. Sometimes the notification even clears itself almost instantly which is really annoying because then it's like a phantom vibrate: took me a while to track those down to this issue.

I'm using a OnePlus 3 on Oreo (Android 8.0.0, Oxygen OS 5.0) and believe this started when I upgraded a few weeks ago, or shortly afterwards.

My request is simply that there is some way to disable these notifications either for specific apps or globally. Ideally from a UX perspective, the notification itself should have something like "don't remind me again for this app" and/or "don't remind me again for any app". Maybe a notification category so we can use Oreo's new notification settings is best. It the lack of control we users have over what notifications are pushed to us by the OS is a big problem in this case.

Hope to see a fix sometime.

MrPuma likes this.
  3. SahilQureshi
    Honeycomb Jan 6, 2018

4. G_Andy_Light_vNtn
    Eclair Feb 15, 2018

G_Andy_Light_vNtn , Feb 15, 2018 :
    OnePlus 3T, Open Beta 22.
    I have this bug too. And it exists from first Oreo beta.

Notifications appear and disappear in half second and with annoying vibration.

Dear OnePlus team, when this very annoying bug will be fixed?

5. JuhG
    Cupcake Mar 18, 2018

6. G_Andy_Light_vNtn
    Eclair Mar 18, 2018

G_Andy_Light_vNtn , Mar 18, 2018 :
    It was fixed in open beta 23. In notifications of Android System was added a switcher for high power usage reminder.

7. JuhG
    Cupcake Apr 15, 2018

JuhG , Apr 15, 2018 :
    Which version is that? Can you tell me step-by-step how to disable it? Thanks!