Highlights from our NYC Photowalk + Giveaway

1. countuzbek Donut Apr 17, 2019

2. Sam2334 Cupcake Apr 17, 2019

Sam2334, Apr 17, 2019 :
    I loved how black and white was chosen for the first photo because it brings out the contrast. I don't see anything wrong with the color nor contrast. Instead of sticking the subject in the middle of the photo, I would move the camera and place him to one of the sides. Having him in the middle deadens the photo because it makes your eye stop at his hand and the pillar next to his hand. it creates this hard imaginary line. Having him to the right emphasizes the light. Having him to the left emphasizes the darkness. With his current pose, having him to the left would probably achieve more of a symbolic emotion because in all the darkness he looks to the light. If you were moved him to the right of the photo, I would position him differently like his back against the light. Remember, it's all about the story you want to tell. Simple turns of the camera can really effect the picture.
    The other reason why I would focus my camera with him to one of the sides is because the background has a lot of interesting lines. The pipes and shadows cross and stretch. This can bring "life" to the picture by causing your eye to move around more. This can cause people to stop and look at the picture because it's visually appealing or has "visual texture". Even art with one focal point tend to have ways of moving the eye around the picture.
    Overall, great picture. Such an interesting spot to photograph!

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019

buntycubal and Ruby G. like this.
  3. G_Theresa_Hooper_MpEM Cupcake Apr 17, 2019

4. huxley1t Gingerbread Apr 17, 2019

huxley1t, Apr 17, 2019 :
    For the top photo:
    1. I wish that photographer is framing in more about that man. just a tiny bit more should do the job.
    2. I like the contract of light and shadow that makes the viewer focus on the man but still have a sense of the environment.
    3. to my personal taste, the highlight is a bit hash, tune it down a tiny bit but still remain the high contract feel should be better.
    4. I like how this picture is showing the viewer a story. it make me think about the is the deep meaning behind this man at that time.

1555469667410.jpg

here is an edited example of what I mean framing in more. I also edited the highlight, shadow, exposure and contrast.

buntycubal likes this.
  5. sakibabir Cupcake Apr 17, 2019

Aamir Vahora likes this.
  6. Lickherneden801 Cupcake Apr 17, 2019

7. sivakumar.kumaravelu Cupcake Apr 17, 2019

buntycubal likes this.
  8. F1555472149354 Cupcake Apr 17, 2019

F1555472149354, Apr 17, 2019 :
    Top photo: Excellent use of the intense differences in lighting, which the camera performed excellent on. The off center subject draws a little attention off of him and on to the whole scene while still adding the intended human element. Black and White adds a timeless moment to this photo. Great blend between well constructed photo capturing a moment and candid styling. The camera, as proven on our own devices, performs just as well as the photographer can!

9. innocent rahul Cupcake Apr 17, 2019

Attached Files:

10. Ulyssys Donut Apr 17, 2019

Ulyssys, Apr 17, 2019 :
    A bit more range in the first picture would have made the background less muddy looking, but not too much as to take away the focus of the shot.

Ruby G. likes this.
  11. F_William_Corella_byHd Cupcake Apr 17, 2019

F_William_Corella_byHd, Apr 17, 2019 :
    Hello OnePlus community,

I hope everyone is having a wonderful day. As being a oneplus user. I love the camera that is offered to do my line of work. My work is being a monster energy drink Collegiate Ambassador. I take photos of students participating in college life such as events, studying, socializing, and project making.

Attached Files:

12. G_Justin_Hennessy_UWzG Cupcake Apr 17, 2019

buntycubal likes this.
  13. kkkirsten Cupcake Apr 17, 2019

kkkirsten, Apr 17, 2019 :
    The Vessel is beautiful. great golden light. v in in NYC next week and will look for it, thank you (PS - the above grammatical error is a common everyday occurrence when I swipe and I get a letter V instead of the first letter capitalized in a sentence. Wish this could be remedied).

Ruby G. likes this.
  14. Sherwin_Christian Cupcake Apr 17, 2019

valmik_kalathia likes this.
  15. valmik_kalathia Cupcake Apr 17, 2019

valmik_kalathia, Apr 17, 2019 :
    The Black & White photo composition looks great. Vessel photo could have been better if the two side buildings were not there and it was a close shot with sun or clouds in the background.

Please organize more photowalks in NYC. I missed the last one due to an interview.

16. Bryce Franzen Cupcake Apr 17, 2019

Bryce Franzen, Apr 17, 2019 :
    It may just be the upload quality, but both of the photos appear to be slightly blurry. :/
    However, the images are unique and captivating.
    The black and white image is a little too dark for my liking, but still preserves a good amount of detail.
    The colored image is just slightly slanted. I would prefer to see the image either deliberately slanted or no slant at all-- currently the slant appears to be accidental because of its small degree. Additionally, the people in the foreground aren't an issue except the one that is right in the center-- they steal focus from the building.

17. Mecca EL Gingerbread Apr 17, 2019

Mecca EL, Apr 17, 2019 :
    Sorry I missed this, it sounds like it was an exciting experience. I used to hang out at what's known as the High Line, to escape being in the Bronx all the time. It's great that they turned it into public space, and the photos from OnePlus users turned out great.

18. Pedro DLC Cupcake Apr 17, 2019

Pedro DLC, Apr 17, 2019 :
    I really like the use of light and shadow in the first picture. With the position of the subject and the sun hitting them, the lines of the shadows and the poles all seem to flow parallel. It's a very pleasing shot!

19. herget Donut Apr 17, 2019

20. A1555554004149 Cupcake Apr 18, 2019