Highlights from the Chicago Photowalk

1. David X. NA Copywriter Staff Member Jun 19, 2019

David X., Jun 19, 2019 :
    This giveaway is now closed. Congratulations to our winner, @Kayrbear89 ! Our community manager, @Ruby G., will contact you soon via forums PM regarding your prize.

Forumchi_recap.png

Hi friends,

Last Sunday, we hosted our Chicago Photowalk with renowned photographer Gareth Pon. The event received a lot of interest from all over—in fact, we received over 1,000 applicants for one of just 10 eligible spots in the photowalk.

Originally, we planned to take everyone for a walk around Lake Shore Park, an expansive outdoor area with plenty of green space and a lake-side trail, before ending the day at the 360 Chicago Observation Deck. Sounds great, right? But as the weekend neared, the weather forecast began to look more and more gloomy.

By Saturday, the forecast was showing rain and scattered thunderstorms. Luckily though, Gareth was able to secure a last-minute alternative, and a compelling one at that: private access to the sold-out Virgil Abloh exhibition at the Museum of Contemporary Art.

exhibitletters.jpg

For those unfamiliar with Virgil Abloh, he’s a Chicago-area native, fashion designer, entrepreneur, and otherwise multi-hyphenate who founded Pyrex Vision and subsequently Off-White. He now serves as the artistic director at Louis Vuitton.

We spent the afternoon touring his “Figures of Speech” Exhibition, which showcased Virgil Abloh’s contributions to music, fashion, architecture, and design. From his ready-made collections and one-of-a-kind pieces to artworks (See: Yeezus album art) and installations, there was plenty to see and do.

Exhibit2.jpg

Gareth Pon, @Brady R., and I had a blast meeting everyone and touring through the Museum of Contemporary Art. It was an unforgettable experience—thank you for attending our most ambitious photowalk yet. These are just a few of our favorite SOOP shots from this community event.

ChiPhoto1.jpg

ChiPhoto2.jpg

As with last time, we'd love to hear your thoughts on these SOOP snaps. Leave a critique of one of the photos in this post for a chance to win a OnePlus baseball cap!

Standard terms and conditions apply for this US region giveaway. Read them here.

Attached Files:

2. meatandy Oreo Jun 20, 2019

meatandy, Jun 20, 2019 :
    I really like the picture looking down the stairs , maybe a more centered / balanced shot would have looked more symmetrical or possibly taken at a wider angle.

But I wasn't there so it's hard to say what would have looked different.

3. meatandy Oreo Jun 20, 2019

4. BYG BYRD Gingerbread Jun 20, 2019

BYG BYRD, Jun 20, 2019 :
    I like the shoes pic because of Leading lines the structures and the lines of natural landscapes. Using them in proportion to your subjects to lead the eye into the advertisement

5. BYG BYRD Gingerbread Jun 20, 2019

6. ImNileshB Cupcake Jun 20, 2019

7. Siddhant Saraswat Froyo Jun 20, 2019

Stanliks and I1560877327909 like this.
  8. Kayrbear89 Froyo Jun 20, 2019

Kayrbear89, Jun 20, 2019 :
    I love the photo with all the shoes in it, the colors are just awesome and eye catching. I think a shot from above would have been really awesome as well if able to do so. Overall the whole time spent being able to be apart of an experience like this one sounds like it was a great time! Glad to hear the weather didn't stop you!

buntycubal likes this.
  9. Andy lone Gingerbread Jun 20, 2019

buntycubal likes this.
  10. BigLobedWelder Cupcake Jun 20, 2019

BigLobedWelder, Jun 20, 2019 :
    I'm a fan of the shot of the staircases. Not only an interesting photo, but simply interesting architecture. Gives a hint at being an eye almost. I actually prefer that the photo was not perfectly centered to provide symmetry.

11. ReRunRod Gingerbread Jun 20, 2019

ReRunRod, Jun 20, 2019 :
    The staircase is awesome. A couple different angle shots to compare symmetrical look to it would be nice.. otherwise some cool stuff!

The1Lion likes this.
  12. The1Lion Lollipop Jun 20, 2019

The1Lion, Jun 20, 2019 :
    Can't keep those things here in the Windy City! Think mine has already blown South to Texas! :p

13. The1Lion Lollipop Jun 20, 2019

The1Lion, Jun 20, 2019 :
    The staircase is perhaps the best - honestly the only one that actually caught my attention. Perhaps too difficult to try and "center" the what looks like an eye shooting multi color string out is pupil but would have also been interesting to see it from the bottom looking upward ;)

buntycubal, meatandy and ReRunRod like this.
  14. ReRunRod Gingerbread Jun 20, 2019

ReRunRod, Jun 20, 2019 :
    LOL, on top of the rain mannnn we in fall now [e]1f602[/e]

meatandy and The1Lion like this.
  15. The1Lion Lollipop Jun 20, 2019

The1Lion, Jun 20, 2019 :
    I was working from home yesterday with a window open in the morning and later in the afternoon I had it closed as that cold air blew in :eek: Start off the day in shorts and tshirt - finish the day bundled up :smile:

buntycubal, meatandy and ReRunRod like this.
  16. MR.BEN312 Honeycomb Jun 21, 2019

MR.BEN312, Jun 21, 2019 :
    I really enjoyed the stairway picture due to the color scheme involved, it is simple but very vivid. I'm actually mesmerized as I imagine myself slowly descending the stairs.. thank you!

buntycubal likes this.
  17. G_Shoaib_Ahmad Cupcake Jun 21, 2019

buntycubal likes this.
  18. A1549937402927 Cupcake Jun 21, 2019

19. FlixbusLennart The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Jun 21, 2019

FlixbusLennart, Jun 21, 2019 :
    I wouldn't mind seeing

A) more photos than just two
    B) the photos uploaded in full quality
    C) edited images

1561102626760.jpg

That's a 3 minute Snapseed edit and it already looks more exciting. Wouldn't hurt this thread.

buntycubal likes this.
  20. FlixbusLennart The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Jun 21, 2019