Highlights from the Chicago Photowalk

1. BYG BYRD Gingerbread Jun 21, 2019

BYG BYRD, Jun 21, 2019 :
    By Some Effects in PicsArt Gold

2. irshadmc794 Cupcake Jun 21, 2019

3. MR.BEN312 Honeycomb Jun 21, 2019

MR.BEN312, Jun 21, 2019 :
    I don't understand why people are posting pictures if it is all about Chicago Photowalk pictures that are posted here for feedback,options,obversations..

4. retal_to Gingerbread Jun 23, 2019

retal_to, Jun 23, 2019 :
    Just one question for the next time, how were the applicants chosen? Speed, draw or else?
    I'm quite surprise over 1000 applicants but not so much events, party, after-work, meet up or what ever. With a one thousand fan base, lot of stuff can be done.
    But Still I saw no one around willing sharing moment around Oneplus brand. Last time I post a thread about organizing a meet-up in Chicago and it was deleted.
    I'm a bit confused

MR.BEN312 likes this.
  5. jaiganesh94426 Cupcake Jun 23, 2019

6. The1Lion Lollipop Jun 23, 2019

The1Lion, Jun 23, 2019 :
    Was a reason given? There have been post previously about meetups. Thought there may even be a section for it? Now I'll have to check...

7. Ruby G. NA Community Manager Staff Member Jun 24, 2019

Ruby G., Jun 24, 2019 :
    Hey there! I'll let the event organizers chime in on how the selection worked, but it's definitely odd that your meet-up thread was deleted. That's only liable to happen if community rules are broken. Usually if a thread is taken down or merged by a moderator, they will leave a reason why. If you remember which link or forum section, I can probably help investigate.

The1Lion and buntycubal like this.
  8. David X. NA Copywriter Staff Member Jun 24, 2019

David X., Jun 24, 2019 :

Hi @retal_to,

We wanted to host a photowalk that included some community members while also introducing OnePlus to those who may not have had an opportunity to try out the camera before. We chose a healthy mix of OnePlus and non-OnePlus users —likewise with experience level. Owning a tripod was something we took into consideration but exclusively not owning a tripod wouldn't have removed you from the selection pool. I hope that makes sense.

As for the scope of the photowalk—due to the logistics of conducting a photowalk led by a single photographer, we only planned to accommodate a small group. The large amount of interest we received was a happy surprise, and we're trying to concept larger gatherings with more attendees.

As for the deleted meet-up thread, I'm not sure what happened there unfortunately. Please feel free to follow up with @Ruby G. for more information.

buntycubal, MR.BEN312 and Ruby G. like this.
  9. retal_to Gingerbread Jun 25, 2019

retal_to, Jun 25, 2019 :
    Easy, in the meet-up section :), thought was the appropriate place to do so

10. retal_to Gingerbread Jun 25, 2019

retal_to, Jun 25, 2019 :

David X.

Hi @retal_to,

We wanted to host a photowalk that included some community members while also introducing OnePlus to those who may not have had an opportunity to try out the camera before. We chose a healthy mix of OnePlus and non-OnePlus users —likewise with experience level. Owning a tripod was something we took into consideration but exclusively not owning a tripod wouldn't have removed you from the selection pool. I hope that makes sense.

As for the scope of the photowalk—due to the logistics of conducting a photowalk led by a single photographer, we only planned to accommodate a small group. The large amount of interest we received was a happy surprise, and we're trying to concept larger gatherings with more attendees.

As for the deleted meet-up thread, I'm not sure what happened there unfortunately. Please feel free to follow up with @Ruby G. for more information.​

Make sense because I checked the box for the tripod equipement.

But it's not making sense to let one thousand people applied and let the thread opened when you know you will host with 10 applicants max.
    After 400 hundred people applied I think you got enough and close the thread and let the community know that's it closed.

Lot of people were waiting until the day before the event due to the lack of communication, numbers of applicants and so on.
    And as I read you, at the end it wasn't random but chosen.

So I was just wondering except the tripod stuff (and it might be a good idea to write it down directly in the form that it will disqualified you for those who don't have one) what can qualify an applicant for the next time (Instagram account, followers, community members or not, time of application, first arrived first served etc).

No bad feeling behind, just trying to figure out how things work around here. I'm not used yet in the American way and thank you for the time spent to answer me [e]1f601[/e]

11. toastytoast1234 Marshmallow Jun 25, 2019

toastytoast1234, Jun 25, 2019 :
    Because 97.3% of the posters on this forum are retarded.

You hang out in the pets photo thread, so you only see the good in the world. The rest of it is... this.

The1Lion and MR.BEN312 like this.
  12. MR.BEN312 Honeycomb Jun 25, 2019

13. W1561515267933 Cupcake Jun 26, 2019

14. tmo_tyler Gingerbread Jun 26, 2019

tmo_tyler, Jun 26, 2019 :
    The first picture is one of my favorites, especially because he's the founder of Off-White which is a clean and simple brand/design. I definitely feel that the photo could have been shot to come out a lot more clearer; maybe a different angle as the current one makes the images a bit blurred.

15. amitmoond Gingerbread Jun 26, 2019

16. Q1559243164575 Cupcake Jun 26, 2019

17. BYG BYRD Gingerbread Jun 27, 2019

BYG BYRD, Jun 27, 2019 :
    I edit this in Photoshop with my glow techniques

18. Q1561481215011 Cupcake Jun 27, 2019

Attached Files:

MR.BEN312 likes this.
  19. F_Vijay_Sharma_ZXRL Eclair Jun 27, 2019

20. W1552721882960 Cupcake Jun 27, 2019