Hiro, Oneplus 8T user since 1 week via OnePlus 8T Aquamarine Green

1. J1602826687589 , via OnePlus 8T Aquamarine Green , Oct 27, 2020 :
    Great device for a professional use. I've been using this device since 19th October (The day it got delivered). Its exactly been a week today since. The camera quality is 9/10. Its amazing. I miss a few things in oneplus 8t but also glad to purchase such a great device. Please don't mind me pointing out pros and cons here but I know it's a bang for the buck

Cons
    1. No headphone jack (its not even an issue today with oneplus because it's already a premium phone so everyone will think of buying oneplus ear buds
    2. No USB Type C to USB 2.0 (PC USB Port) - cannot transfer files from PC to Oneplus 8T through wire. Have to buy it seperately
    3. Oneplus Switch is awesome to transfer data between phones but it's not available to transfer between PC and a phone
    4. Fingerprint bug(only while registering the fingerprint)
    5. No front LED Flash
    6. No radio
    7. No call recording feature

Pros
    1. Snapdragon 865[e]1f525[/e]. Totally buttery smooth feel while using
    2. 65W is a quick charge
    3. Dual battery setup (much more reliable than single battery) - Even though an app called *Accubattery* cannot properly determine the health of the battery life
    4. Switching between 120Hz and 60Hz
    5. Nightscape mode blew my mind
    6. Android 11 OS and Oxygen OS future updates till 3 years
    7. Customisation is very user friendly and vast

This is all I can say about my experience. No problems since 1 week of usage. All I can say is - *Its a decent premium phone in 2020*. Thank you all for reading my thread. Do post some comments about what you guys think about your oneplus 8T device

H1603755181305 likes this.
  2. Midastgk13
    Cupcake Oct 27, 2020

3. dpenov
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 27, 2020

dpenov , Oct 27, 2020 :
    You must be either from Europe or US/Canada. I am from Europe and I was unpleasantly surprised to see how call recording is something normal in India. I have the EU version of Nord which also somes with the Google comms and such option understandably is not even available in the phone app. The Good thing is that father Google is getting stricter about this "feature".

PascalB78, Midastgk13 and Loveit like this.
  4. Midastgk13
    Cupcake Oct 27, 2020

Midastgk13 , via OnePlus 8T , Oct 27, 2020 :
    Well, yes. I am from europe and it's against the data protection law to record someone without their permission. So I couldn't care less about this "loss". I am still wondering what they do with the recorded calls

Loveit likes this.
  5. dpenov

dpenov , Oct 27, 2020 :
    I read all kinds of reasons people provide. Some say they are professionals and businessmen, so I guess they rely only on verbal agreement. Others say they record their boss that gives them tasks. Others want to record police enforcement personel who ask for bribes.
    Basically the wild west.

Loveit likes this.
  6. Loveit
    KitKat Oct 27, 2020

Loveit , Oct 27, 2020 :
    You know when you say those examples I think I would want that "feature" also. Maybe it is an option that's needed for that region.

I can only imagine also though how many times it must have been used for mischief. Recording someone saying something they're embarrassed about and being blackmailed etc etc.

7. Loveit
    KitKat Oct 27, 2020

Loveit , Oct 27, 2020 :
    I think the current implementation is perfect come to think of it. Everyone knows they are being recorded so there can be no entrapment or harassment (on the phone)

8. dpenov

dpenov , Oct 27, 2020 :
    Yep I agree, it should be clear for both sides. Sadly they don't. I've see many posts of the sort: "There is no point of call recording if it has been announced. The whole point of it is to be hidden from the other person. I paid premium price for this ." Or the same thing but with "cheaper phones costing xx amount offer this feature and this premium brand doesn't" like the whole phone is used only for this purpose.
    I don't uderstand them and they don't understand us either.