Hole Punch Yes/No ?? OnePlus 8 via OnePlus 7 Pro T-Mobile

1. Nova777 , via OnePlus 7 Pro T-Mobile , Dec 17, 2019 :
    1577454464177.jpg

Hello Does anyone else here think OnePlus Should Keep AWAY from the HOLE PUNCH!? I mean It is the ONE reason I Got My OnePlus 7Pro over another device and also the reason I won't be Getting the OnePlus 8 if it Receives a Hole Punch I Think They should spend More Time on a Undersceen Display and Play a Big role in being one of the greatest Innovators of 2020 IMO if they can continue with that innovation in Next Year Anyone Agree ??

Last edited: Dec 27, 2019

2. Madnezz4Ever
    Jelly Bean Dec 17, 2019

Madnezz4Ever , Dec 17, 2019 :
    I think some people make to much of a big fuss over something so small.

Does any other people have a under screen camera?

I'd personally would rather have non mechanical camera and one that doesn't flip.

GeekOnTheHill and Nova777 like this.
  3. Nova777 , via OnePlus 7 Pro T-Mobile , Dec 17, 2019 :
    Well Yes it is Small to think about, But there is a Big picture when Big Company's like Samsung and Apple Put a 1,000$ Price tag on a Screen with a (Notch or Hole Punch) that causes it to loose Pixel Density and Usable area and also Viewable area you basically get money Taken away from YOU the consumer and instead YOU are giving a (Cost Cut) from the company by simply Cutting the screen and puting the camera in its place were as INSTEAD OnePlus 7 pro Yes has a Mechanical camera and is different But THEY SPENT Money on YOU the consumer by creating that camera and Leaving you with a Full Screen A Company that thinks of YOU first and Not the ( COST) - Think about it Bud [e]1f601[/e] Why Be the little Guys following the Big Players When we Can Be different - NEVER SETTLE.

4. Madnezz4Ever
    Jelly Bean Dec 17, 2019

Why be the little guy following the big guys?

Cause those two companies know what they doing considering the amount of money they charge compared to what their phones cost to make and lots of people still buy them.

You also never answered my question about other companies putting the camera under the display.

Ever think there might be a reason they haven't done it yet? Camera quality perhaps?

Nova777 likes this.
  5. Nova777 , via OnePlus 7 Pro T-Mobile , Dec 17, 2019 :
    yes I Believe 1000% that they know what there doing for Cost of there Phones marketing and buying but let's be honest people are sheep ... example 1 APPLE Created the iPhone 5 to 10 with VERY miniscule Upgrades internally and Screen wise witch left them Behind in a Specs perspective to others (Samsung) but people STILL paid even more and bought The phone with 720p screens for a longggg time when Samsung Chose to use AMOLED an Innovator and CHOSE 1080P AND later 2K and so forth witch Buyers saw that and Slowly Started Shifting Transitioning soon ... APPLE used a better screen then AN ACTUAL spec upgrade to match an honestly great GPU they made an even better GPU to Match a better screen but ... How long did that actually take .. how many people spent money on SMALL marginal upgrades with the SAME price tag just to have "THE NEW" Iphone ... ... until your friends actually asked "Wats New about it " ... and we're met with ... Gimiks and Screens and camera and GPU that has been in a Samsung for a Year already .. .. so it actually like you were robbed same can be said about Samsung having to PUSH there Gimiks of (eye scrolling and hand Motions) on there Phones at first to CAPTURE buyers and then slowly fizzled away so how many people spent money on that when in reality it was a lost cause or they really didn't use any of it .. but they bought Becuase it was NEW ..... NOW think of it this way this is the point they have BOTH done something similar and different in there phones over the years but only small upgrades and tweaks have really shown over the last 3 years from these big company's ... so WHY be like them .. when One plus is the first to use 90hrz display and at that keep the cost of there phones down compared to the others why should we follow suit to a Punch Hole Design like the rest only to in essence Be the ONLY company doing things different....why should we "COMPROMISE " if we follow and take away screen space for the next OnePlus it ONLY says we compromised ... we did the best we could but the phone is still the same price but you get less screen space small but hey you pay for that screen you pay for that camera you pay for a full package not a Compromise of a package for the same price so instead I Believe they should Invest in a similar Design to one plus 7screen untill the Technology gets to were it needs to be to Be THE INNOVATOR .. to Be Different if we just follow we will be sheep who allow ourselves to spend more on a phone that isn't better but just a Compromise

PS there is under screen camera made by none other than OnePlus Cousin check it out [e]1f601[/e] there are also more coming LETS BE THE INNOVATOR we have the power to change the market

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.th...display-selfie-camera-first-oppo-announcement

Danny C. likes this.
  6. meatandy
    Oreo Dec 17, 2019

meatandy , Dec 17, 2019 :
    Yes , hole punch would be alright with me.

Helder_DAlmeida and Nova777 like this.
  7. KeepTransisting
    The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Dec 17, 2019

8. Madnezz4Ever
    Jelly Bean Dec 17, 2019

Wow you sure type a lot.

Thanks for the link.
    That looks so weird, I can see people complaining about that looking ugly as they do with other things.

Everytime I see a link to the verge makes me laugh.

Don't forget to screw in with confidence when building a PC. [e]1f601[/e][e]1f601[/e][e]1f601[/e][e]1f601[/e][e]1f601[/e]

Nova777 likes this.
  9. emewhort
    Donut Dec 17, 2019

10. Nova777 , via OnePlus 7 Pro T-Mobile , Dec 18, 2019 :
    lol Yes I do sorry .

and Hmm I don't see how they would seeing as it is a full screen phone with No apparent representation of the camera being seen on it .. compared to the Notch or Hole Punch witch is clearly visible ...

and I don't understand ? The Verge is Very reputable and used by many online for new tech software and Learning (Android authority/Techno Buffalo) and many More endorse them even Marques Browning of (MKBHD) YouTube

and Lol .. Confidence is a afterthought with what iv accomplished in my Life lol 🤣[e]1f602[/e]🤣 People Build My PCs for me now ..

11. Nova777 , via OnePlus 7 Pro T-Mobile , Dec 18, 2019 :
    I Like your way of thinking the Notch is Definitely better in Design and Usability but No Notch No hole Punch is the way of the future [e]1f601[/e] One day One day

emewhort likes this.
  12. emewhort
    Donut Dec 18, 2019

emewhort , via OnePlus 7T , Dec 18, 2019 :
    It will eventually go away, however adding a moving part like a pop-up camera doesn't feel like a great solution, while I trust their internal testing of stress on that motor by thousands of repetitions in a clean lab environment. Sand, dust, etc cannot be guaranteed to not effect the longevity of the motor itself or on the lens. I want to see improvements upon in-screen cameras, as that feels like the final stop for this tech.

A hole punch camera just looks weird, either it ends up being asymmetrical with the top and side in the corner of the display or in the middle and it's just like a notch with a sliver of useless lit-up pixels above it. The notch isn't horrible especially with how small the one on the 7T.

Nova777 likes this.
  13. Nova777 , via OnePlus 7 Pro T-Mobile , Dec 18, 2019 :
    YES ! agree it will ago when technology advances it will just take time but I don't believe One Plus Should be a follower I think they should just wait a little longer Q2 or Q3 2020 and Unveil a True Undersceen Innovator that will deal the Deal and OnePlus will be at a Great Strong Stance

and Yes Hole Punch is very ugly and Very (In The way) The Notch on the other hand is Very Beautiful honestly but does add just a little little bit more bezel on top witch isn't too too bad [e]1f601[/e]

Love your Views man Awsome Feedback

emewhort likes this.
  14. Madnezz4Ever
    Jelly Bean Dec 18, 2019

Madnezz4Ever , Dec 18, 2019 :

Nova777

lol Yes I do sorry .

and Hmm I don't see how they would seeing as it is a full screen phone with No apparent representation of the camera being seen on it .. compared to the Notch or Hole Punch witch is clearly visible ...

and I don't understand ? The Verge is Very reputable and used by many online for new tech software and Learning (Android authority/Techno Buffalo) and many More endorse them even Marques Browning of (MKBHD) YouTube

and Lol .. Confidence is a afterthought with what iv accomplished in my Life lol 🤣[e]1f602[/e]🤣 People Build My PCs for me now ..​

You can make out the outline of the camera in that picture very easily. It reminds me of a dart board.

The verge might be reputable as a new source, but when it comes building a PC they are not.

Google Verge how to build a PC and watch people's reaction videos on YouTube.

You'll get a good laugh even if you know nothing about PC's.

It's just so bad.

Nova777 likes this.
  15. Nova777 , via OnePlus 7 Pro T-Mobile , Dec 18, 2019 :
    lol def will check that out [e]1f601[/e][e]1f601[/e] and Well Only Time will make the Technology Better Awesome Feedback Man Good Talk !!

16. GrizzlyRooster28 , via OnePlus 7 Pro T-Mobile , Dec 18, 2019 :
    I believe the hole punch display would truly be a step backwards from the all screen display of the 7pro. It has to be hidden when viewing any kind of media, and is honestly a eye sore for normal use. I personally would not get a OnePlus that has a hole punch display.

Djolasan, Sonesson93 and Nova777 like this.
  17. StopItRawr
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 18, 2019

StopItRawr , Dec 18, 2019 :
    Too add a bit of balance.

I feel Hole Punches are far better day to day than a notch that frankly looks ugly as sin no matter what mitigation is tried. So a hole punch from the 7 to the 8 would be fine by me.

However, if the 8 Pro has a Hole punch, that would be a design step backwards from the 7 pro.

Djolasan, D1546004399661 and Nova777 like this.
  18. Nova777 , via OnePlus 7 Pro T-Mobile , Dec 18, 2019 :
    AGREED lol

D1546004399661 likes this.
  19. Nova777 , via OnePlus 7 Pro T-Mobile , Dec 18, 2019 :
    I Also Agreed I Feel it could work into the 7 to 8 but De NOT the pro

20. D1546004399661
    Donut Dec 24, 2019

D1546004399661 , via OnePlus 6T , Dec 24, 2019 :
    I would rather have NO front camera at all over a camera stealing screen real-erstatte.
    Would love it if the 8Pro came with a non - curved screen. I really don't like it, I can't phantom why anyone would think either (hole punch/notch and curved display) is good thing for phone.

Djolasan and Nova777 like this.