Home Screen Button Broken

1. Finbar
    Cupcake Nov 18, 2015

Finbar , Nov 18, 2015 :
    I've just got the same issue, fingerprint sensor and home button not working. tried numerous suggestions from forums and so far still nothing...the hardware test shows it as failing. Not a good start for a phone that's just over two months old. hoping for a software fix as don't won't to reset but have opened a ticket anyway to see what Oneplus support suggest. If come across a fix I'll be sure to post but so far it's not looking likely

2. Finbar
    Cupcake Nov 26, 2015

Finbar , Nov 26, 2015 :
    I contacted OP support (my first time) and detailed everything that I'd tried which is almost everything except a hard reset. The support was pretty good and my call was escalated over a couple of days to an engineer who suggested a hard reset which I was expecting they would do. I've since hard reset my OP2 and my home button is now working, only thing is that it didn't wipe the phone as I was expecting it to do so chuffed about that.

3. Evonkoh
    Cupcake Nov 27, 2015

4. musichen
    Cupcake Dec 4, 2015

musichen , Dec 4, 2015 :
    I have the same problem.
    Oxygen 2.1.1
    One Plus Two
    Home Button just suddenly stopped working.
    Home Button is dead, I'm pissed off. Yet all solutions I tried, didn't work.
    Any ideas guys???

5. Kroksas
    Cupcake Dec 26, 2015

Kroksas , Dec 26, 2015 :
    Hi,
    The same problem here, but *#808# finger print test say pass. Tried flash all available roms, clear cache even format internal memory, no luck. Any solution friends???
    Is it worth to try open and take a look inside?
    Any ideas please post...

6. dk7r
    Cupcake Dec 27, 2015

dk7r , Dec 27, 2015 :
    Hello everyone,
    Same issue here. Out of the blue home button/fingerprint scanner stopped working. Not a single problem with fingeprint before this one. Wiped everything, did factory reset still nothing. *#808# finger print test says pass.

7. Kroksas
    Cupcake Dec 28, 2015

Kroksas , Dec 28, 2015 :
    Hi,
    Just fixed home button but don't know for how long :) just placed wet finger on home button slided around and felt vibration. After that cleaned with microfibre and its working fine. Finally 100% know that it was hardware issue.

8. Amenophis
    Froyo Dec 30, 2015

Amenophis , Dec 30, 2015 :
    I must say a big praise to the team of OnePlus, in particular the employee named Rommel.

During a remote session, he has installed on my OnePlus 2 a ROM version unknown to me. After that the Google authentication had to be skipped and the ROM update to Oxygen 2.2.0 by the device downloaded and be installed on this. Subsequently, the home button worked again!

I have previously tried every possible solution can be found in the forums here. Since my attempts to awake the home button again, were all in vain, I was sure it is a hardware defect. Now I hope that the problem will not reoccur.

Great job, OnePlus!

9. JBKARLSEN
    Donut Jan 12, 2016

JBKARLSEN , Jan 12, 2016 :
    Hi Amenophis, Is it still working? I am waiting for a remote session this sunday, hoping my identical problem will be solved. But several factory resets have solved the problem temporary, minutes, hours or days.. I fear same will happen after Oneplus carry out remote service...

10. Amenophis
    Froyo Jan 12, 2016

Amenophis , Jan 12, 2016 :
    Hi @JBKARLSEN! Yes, my home button and fingerprint scanner are still working.

11. JBKARLSEN
    Donut Jan 12, 2016

12. Telly-13
    Eclair Jan 13, 2016

13. Amenophis
    Froyo Jan 17, 2016

Amenophis , Jan 17, 2016 :
    @Telly-13 Before the remote session I got a FAIL during the *#808# finger print test. Because of that I first thought it was a hardware issue, but it wasn't.

14. antman30nz
    Cupcake Jan 18, 2016

antman30nz , Jan 18, 2016 :
    Same problem for me. Not looking forward to RMA. Will just log a support ticket and see where that gets us. Understand there is a 10day response time. Phone has been slower after last OTA too

15. JBKARLSEN
    Donut Jan 18, 2016

JBKARLSEN , Jan 18, 2016 :
    My remote session was completed yesterday.. It didn't fix my home button, so will receive mail from support with next step.. Guess it will be sending it for repair. Anyone got experience on how the shipping costs are handled...?

16. Jeskai
    Cupcake Jan 24, 2016

Jeskai , Jan 24, 2016 :
    I think I will wait till a new OTA comes out and fixes the problem.

17. jfich
    Cupcake Feb 3, 2016

jfich , Feb 3, 2016 :
    Hello.

I'm having a similar issue where my Home Button failed completely yesterday including the fingerprint scanner.
    I tried it all and restarting in Safe Mode did the trick.
    Fast-forward to this morning where everything was fine when suddenly no more Home Button, yet the fingerprint scanner works this time!

Any other idea of what I could try? I'm not on 2.2.0 yet, would that help at all?

Thanks

18. L1546287007487
    Cupcake Dec 31, 2018

L1546287007487 , Dec 31, 2018 :
    I have the 6 t. and last night all my buttons on the outside stopped working. I have had the phone for a month.