Home security camera. Is it worth buying?

1. Manticore6
    Donut Apr 5, 2019

Manticore6 , Apr 5, 2019 :
    Is there anybody who has experience with home security systems who can make any recommendations of whether or not it is worth it?

buntycubal likes this.
  2. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer; Community Hero 2020 Apr 5, 2019

YRJ , Apr 5, 2019 :
    One word, it is worth every penny!

Recommendations, comes down to preference and region. Have a word at local shops, filter the ones that fit your needs. Compare prices and buy. :)

Sargo, buntycubal and Bobbie63 like this.
  3. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Apr 5, 2019

Bobbie63 , Apr 5, 2019 :
    If combined with a proper alarm system and depends on what and why you want home security

ghostofcain, buntycubal and YRJ like this.
  4. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer; Community Hero 2020 Apr 5, 2019

YRJ , Apr 5, 2019 :
    Indeed.

buntycubal and Bobbie63 like this.
  5. GuitarBart
    Jelly Bean Apr 5, 2019

GuitarBart , Apr 5, 2019 :
    It can be really versatile as a security option and you know what's going on when you're away. If you buy one do your research in the security as many IP cams are too easily hacked (either trough bad config from the supplier/user).

6. buntycubal
    User of the Year 2017 Apr 6, 2019

buntycubal , Apr 6, 2019 :
    or...just raised black flag of ISIS in centre of the front yard , FBI , CIA , MI5 , MI6 , NSA & other agencies will watch the house 24/7..

ghostofcain, Matt 80, Loveit and 3 others like this.
  7. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer; Community Hero 2020 Apr 6, 2019

YRJ , Apr 6, 2019 :
    Hahaha! 100% cost affective and the best security ever. :tearsofjoy:

buntycubal likes this.
  8. Discostu
    Jelly Bean Apr 6, 2019

Discostu , Apr 6, 2019 :
    Yes its highly beneficial however you need to consider what you are looking to gain from it. At our holiday house we have a smart door/camera installed - if someone rings the door bell or approaches the house we receive the notification on our phones and can see who it is and choose to let them open the door, speak to them or do nothing. This door leads to a drying room with another locked screen & door before entering the main house, meaning that letting a courier in for example to drop a package off is viable. Of course in reality this rarely happens because it's a holiday house in the country.

We decided to do this because of the city apartment we live in has your typical camera/intercom/entry points and it gives us a sense of control & safety, particularly when we are not at the house.

9. Matt 80
    Lollipop Apr 8, 2019

Matt 80 , Apr 8, 2019 :
    And top all that off with a killer guard dog.
    1554742410435.jpg

buntycubal likes this.
  10. B15Robins
    Cupcake Apr 1, 2020

B15Robins , Apr 1, 2020 :
    For as long as I can remember, I’ve been interested in smart home security systems and cameras. But ever since my kids were born, I’ve been obsessed with keeping my family safe. The first step toward protecting them and my home was finding the battery powered surveillance camera. I searched high and low, but I had trouble choosing just one system. Also, I didn’t know which battery operated security camera I could trust. So, I decided to buy a few for myself and test them in my own home. https://www.ddcountermeasures.com/best-battery-powered-security-camera/

Last edited: Apr 3, 2020

Loveit likes this.
  11. Loveit
    KitKat Apr 2, 2020

Loveit , Apr 2, 2020 :
    I was sure that would end in an advert/"recommendation" but it didn't.

Keep us updated on your findings!

ghostofcain likes this.
  12. Loveit
    KitKat Apr 2, 2020

Loveit , Apr 2, 2020 :
    If it is is an advert eventually then congrats, you done well with the disguise at least.

ghostofcain likes this.