OxygenOS Home settings and home screen icon text size

1. THOMASOBEID
    Donut Dec 8, 2018

THOMASOBEID , Dec 8, 2018 :
    As a new person to Android, I find the customisation very useful. However, I understand that OnePlus wants to create an OS that is simple and intuitive, and it's great that I don't have to download a whole bunch of extra launchers or customising apps. One complaint I have is that there is no central place for all the phone's settings.

For example, if I want to change the home screen and app drawer settings, I have to long-press on the home screen and select a button. However none of these settings appear in the Settings app. Also, if I want to change the Home button behaviour, it doesn't appear in the Home Settings area, I have to go to the main Settings app. It's a bit confusing.

One extra request, can we have the option to change the text size of the home screen icons, separate to the overall system setting? When enlarging the system-wide text, the home screen icon text gets too big and most of the titles are cut-off eg 'WhatsApp' is 'WhatsA...'

Limeybastard likes this.
  2. vijay_lalwani
    Honeycomb Dec 8, 2018

vijay_lalwani , Dec 8, 2018 :
    that's a great suggestion, I hope Google or OnePlus looks into this and try to add all settings at one place.

as far as the size of icons on home and app drawer goes, you can download a third-party launcher which allows you to do that.

we all are users over here. if you want to submit your suggestions to OnePlus, you can do so by using this link
    https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback/

3. THOMASOBEID
    Donut Dec 9, 2018

THOMASOBEID , Dec 9, 2018 :
    The feedback function is useless. There are very limited character limits to the text fields, so providing any detailed or useful feedback isn't possible

4. Neddard
    Lollipop Dec 9, 2018

Neddard , Dec 9, 2018 :
    Regardless, that's the place to give feedback and suggestions if you want any chance at visibility.

5. Johnksellers
    Cupcake Jan 20, 2020

Johnksellers , Jan 20, 2020 :
    You can modify the homescreen layout including icon sizes.

Press and hold background of home screen >>
    Pick home settings >>
    Pick home screen layout >>
    Change options

This is true on the most recent version of OnePlus 5T OS. I don't know if this has been around for a while or is new.

6. npatel70
    Honeycomb Jan 20, 2020

npatel70 , Jan 20, 2020 :
    At least it keeps you on your toes! Also discover new stuff while looking for what you want 😂

7. Limeybastard
    Froyo Oct 26, 2020

Limeybastard , Oct 26, 2020 :
    I wish we had an option to make the icon label text independenly fit correctly. Instead of the dot dot.dot..