0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. prompt.ankitg
    Gingerbread May 30, 2018

2. widRock
    Froyo May 30, 2018

widRock , May 30, 2018 :
    1. They are like other company that need to make money
    2. Did they force you to buy new devices when it launched?
    3. They have 2 year support for every devices, so don't worry with your current devices

Who are "WE" is for??

idkwhoiam322, manuel19 and 8092788090 like this.
  3. prompt.ankitg
    Gingerbread May 30, 2018

prompt.ankitg , May 30, 2018 :
    We as in people, don't get offended. I hope discussion forum is meant to discuss. They are a company which has to make money, at the same time, they have this forum for us to put opinion.

Imysr likes this.
  4. meatandy
    Oreo May 30, 2018

meatandy , May 30, 2018 :
    Oppo , Vivo and OnePlus are considered subsidiary companies.

5. prompt.ankitg
    Gingerbread May 30, 2018

they belong to the same group. I agree. but the modus operandi is different

6. meatandy
    Oreo May 30, 2018

Carl or Pete have already said they will continue to offer two handsets a year as long as there is something new to offer in the next model.

idkwhoiam322 and Hydra Bob like this.
  7. Hydra Bob
    Marshmallow May 30, 2018

Hydra Bob , May 30, 2018 :
    Where's the option for it's fine like it is? What does it matter how often they release a phone? They're not asking you to buy every single product they release or anything.

8. prompt.ankitg
    Gingerbread May 30, 2018

looking the cycle now, going by the calender months, in the trailing twelve months, they have launched three

9. Keval_magiya1993
    Froyo May 30, 2018

10. prompt.ankitg
    Gingerbread May 30, 2018

I know that well, the answer to the question is not the another set of questions. would appreciate if you limit it to the discussion point. How much has the device changed fundamentally ?

11. prompt.ankitg
    Gingerbread May 30, 2018

agreed. on a line item wise comparison, I couldn't find many changes

12. meatandy
    Oreo May 30, 2018

I believe they were trying to push the cycle forward a month in an attempt to offset their competitors release cycle.
    And offer a new device well before the holiday push late in the year.

13. Keval_magiya1993
    Froyo May 30, 2018

Keval_magiya1993 , May 30, 2018 :
    one plus 5T was out of stock in most of country so they have to come up with one plus 6 they have to launch almost 4-5month early then decided

14. prompt.ankitg
    Gingerbread May 30, 2018

May be. That could be the case.

15. prompt.ankitg
    Gingerbread May 30, 2018

I think it was out of stock because, as per the new strategy they follow, they do a limited unit launch. The challenges with the new launch , for an older device, start when they stop giving you support on the accessory and other counts. Most of the stuff goes out of stock and even the third party vendors dont make too much of assets given the products short life.

16. Hydra Bob
    Marshmallow May 30, 2018

Hydra Bob , May 30, 2018 :
    I think what I said is relevant to the discussion point. I think the ideal cycle is the one they have currently for the time being, which was not an option in the poll. Not much may have changed between the 5t and the 6 but people that are still using older models should have the option to upgrade to something using the latest chipset and everything else that the 6 has that the older models don't. In today's market you have to release new products to stay competitive. You can't expect people to buy a year old phone while a company is waiting to release something that's enough of an improvement by your standards to justify a new phone. There will always be people in the market to buy a phone and offering the latest technology helps to entice those buyers.

17. prompt.ankitg
    Gingerbread May 30, 2018

And yes, you got my point here. When we say market, there are three kinds of players in this market zone. 1. The flagships and market leaders. They have a sticky user base, quite a defined launch cycle, and a very robust product once a year. While a lot of things change in the market over the year, their products continue to remain solid and people appreciate them for bringing something entirely different each year. 2. There are players who launch a device almost every month or in some cases even weeks. They have inconsistent product deliveries, they are still doing very well in the market and have a different user base altogether. 3. The players who pretend to think differently(Essential, OP et al.) and kill the monopoly of players in set 1, but are now consciously redefining their strategies to match the skill sets of players in bucket/set 2. Like your own comment said " You can't expect people to buy a year old phone while a company is waiting to release something that's enough of an improvement by your standards to justify a new phone" , I would want this cycle time(1 y as you said or 6m as OP wants) to be consistent and worthy enough of an upgrade. So the problem, hypothetically is, today these guys will come with a product, lets say glass, they will not put wireless charging to it, may not also put IP67/68 certifications to it, tomorrow they will wake up and say that they have done these two changes and here is the new device for all of us. Infinite display was pretty much there when OP5 came, yet they had to do this in two tranches instead of one. I would rather have one strong deeply thought launch than having too many too pity launches. You can go through some of the reviews, the core issues in OP5/5T/6 are still existent.

Last edited: May 30, 2018

18. mattre
    Donut May 30, 2018

mattre , May 30, 2018 :
    The chipsets are a MAJOR difference. The underlying radio configuration and functionality is vastly different. This phone's radio capabilities are very impressive. It isn't one of the features that common users understand and many won't take advantage of them but can be said about all features of a phone.

Ignoring the chipsets is like ignoring the engine of a car. A car enthusiast cares about the engine.

A tech enthusiast cares about the driving components. As a tech enthusiast, I love oneplus' frequent release model. I am getting some of the newest components on the market. With oneplus easily allowing unlocking of this phone, I can fiddle with these components.

Reading your last post, it really sounds like you should be sticking with one of the 'big box store' phones. Their business model is what you want.

19. prompt.ankitg
    Gingerbread May 30, 2018

you may be a good tech enthusiast, but you are possibly too quick a judge to box the depth of my opinion. I will follow your posts to see this change of thought quickly. I may be little novice on the technological terminology, but my mobile usage experience is quite sufficient to say that the engine needs pretty good a car to drive and fun , else a garage and simulator are too good to be places for them to experiment and scribble. [e]1f601[/e]

20. Deactivated User
    May 30, 2018

prompt.ankitg likes this.