Honest Opinion By Those That Had An iPhone.

1. SIM0NEY
    Gingerbread Sep 15, 2014

SIM0NEY , Sep 15, 2014 :
    Too many people bash the IPhone just because they are fanboys of whatever other product. The bottom line is: What the IPhone does, it does VERY well. I'm just interested in doing more, that's all.

MCMXCIVR, Deactivated User and DanKeo like this.
  2. DanKeo
    Eclair Sep 15, 2014

DanKeo , Sep 15, 2014 :
    That's exactly how I am feeling. The iPhone 6 is not impressive at all, battery issue not resolved etc.

Also my contract for calls and 6gb Data is $65CAD, if I was to upgrade I have to get a new contract and to match what I have now would cost me $125 for voice and data. I will buy a phone outright and the OPO seems to be like the best bang for its buck. Unless people find it glitchy and faulty. That's what I am trying to get a sense of.

adamapperely likes this.
  3. adamapperely
    Froyo Sep 15, 2014

adamapperely , Sep 15, 2014 :
    I loved my iPhone 4 and the 5 I have currently. The 6 however, isn't my thing and I want to move to something a bit more exciting and that's not controlled by "the man"!

DanKeo likes this.
  4. Ryan1994
    Froyo Sep 15, 2014

Ryan1994 , Sep 15, 2014 :
    if you want a really really really basic phone with little to no customisation, iPhone is the best phone for you. Some people prefer simplicity. However, with the OPO, It requires abit of intelligence to make it simple, like the launchers. I personally prefer customising my phone and have abit of complexity mainly because i find it fun and not so hard. But others would have a different opinion

DanKeo and adamapperely like this.
  5. miltonassang
    Honeycomb Sep 15, 2014

miltonassang , Sep 15, 2014 :
    I've had the iphone 3G, 4 and 5 and moved to the MotoX (LOVE that phone!) and now OPO.
    Nothing against the hardware but like android much better than iOS.
    iOS was great when it came out but now just a bit stale and limiting.

Poetrycyborg and DanKeo like this.
  6. DjDongers
    Eclair Sep 15, 2014

DjDongers , Sep 15, 2014 :
    had a couple of iphones, for alot of years, and imo ios is a VERY good os, simple, easy,fast,good looking, and works great.
    got my OPO a couple of days ago, and loving the responsiveness,better hardware, and also just enjoy messing around with the insane amount of customization available.

overall, as been said before in tons of places, if you are a tech junkie, then you will enjoy the OPO better, if you are a casual user,probably the iphone.

DanKeo likes this.
  7. Deactivated User
    Sep 15, 2014

DanKeo likes this.
  8. Deactivated User
    Sep 15, 2014

9. mwebsterpgh
    KitKat Sep 15, 2014

mwebsterpgh , Sep 15, 2014 :
    I love the OPO but the iPhone is also a great devise because of iMessage/ iPhoto / iTunes. My hardest adjustment to Android has been the music player. I miss iTunes. But I am sticking with the OPO. I want to have more flexibility in the smart watch selection.

10. kazater
    Jelly Bean Sep 15, 2014

kazater , Sep 15, 2014 :
    Had an iPhone.. Gave it the benefit of the doubt for a few months.. But it would disappoint me daily so I went ahead and bought an sgs 3 :-D

Poetrycyborg likes this.
  11. sleepdragonone
    KitKat Sep 15, 2014

sleepdragonone , Sep 15, 2014 :
    YES and NO.

12. DanKeo
    Eclair Sep 15, 2014

DanKeo , Sep 15, 2014 :
    Yeah "The Man" is putting U2s new album in their clouds. I hate U2.

13. leemartin
    Lollipop Sep 15, 2014

leemartin , Sep 15, 2014 :
    Specs on Android phone might be better, but they just don't run as well as an iphone....

DanKeo likes this.
  14. bampaki
    Cupcake Sep 15, 2014

15. Deactivated User
    Sep 15, 2014

DanKeo likes this.
  16. Big Ben
    Jelly Bean Sep 15, 2014

Big Ben , Sep 15, 2014 :
    over rated

DanKeo likes this.
  17. J.Pinkman
    Jelly Bean Sep 15, 2014

J.Pinkman , Sep 15, 2014 :
    I had an iPhone 4 before my OPO. It was not that bad for its time but now it is. When I look at it now it looks like an iPod Nano, Serious, It's so small.

18. Elderon
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 15, 2014

19. WorkersUnited
    Honeycomb Sep 15, 2014

WorkersUnited , Sep 15, 2014 :
    OP- it really depends what your priorities are. I don't like fanboys, so I will try to be objective as possible.

How much does price matter to you? And are you not that tech saavy?

If you want a phone that just works well and does everything well, the Iphone is for you. It just works with little fuss.

For myself, I personally hate Itunes and the boring look of a row of icons as the homescreen..

I feel Cyanogenmod is better than IOS. You can customize almost every part of the look and feel. You can even make it look exactly like IOS if you want to, using different launchers.

Other manufacturer's skins like Touchwiz and Sense are NOT as good as IOS.

But pure Android is superior to IOS.

Here are my honest opinions:

Build Quality:

Iphone is better, but the OPO is not bad either.

Camera:

Iphone wins.

Operating System:

Cyanogenmod wins hands down IMO. You can customize the size of the icons, get different launchers or icon packs to completely change the look, get different themes, etc. You can do so much more and can simply plug into a computer via USB. No Itunes BS.

Those that are complaining about bugs, I haven't experienced any and it's just as smooth as IOS IMO.

Screen:

OPO has a 1920 x 1080 screen. The smaller Iphone is not 1920, only the larger Iphone 6 is true DH 1920.

OPO wins or tie.

Battery:

Iphone 6 is not out but I would have to go with the OPO on this. It simply has a bigger battery. It can last me two days with moderate usage.

Most Important Price:

Iphone 6 Plus which is the same size as the OPO in 64 GB is $849.

The OPO is $349. That's less than half the price.

Now you could be in one of those places where the unlocked price doesn't matter (because you are locked into contract) : then I would say get the Iphone 6.

But if the prices matter, then the OPO is a FAR better value. And superior OS IMO.

DanKeo likes this.
  20. CJCow
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 15, 2014

CJCow , Sep 15, 2014 :
    From the software standpoint, I like Android way more than iOS. It's just a personal preference perhaps out of familiarity, but the iOS feels very restrictive and unintuitive.

DanKeo likes this.