5 vote(s)
    25.0%
  5. Laziness is my motivation

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. camohan
    Moderator Moderator May 9, 2015

camohan , May 9, 2015 :
    I want to share my experience and thoughts which I had in last 2 days on Oneplus power bank.

So, of my cousin is in US and she is coming on vacation to place near me. This thought triggered a alarm in my mind and i strait went to Oneplus website tried to order a powerbank (unblunded one) calculated the approximate INR which came to Rs. 1,500 including shipping charges. I was so fascinated about the look and feel of the powerbank and the fact that very less people have them.

I immediately contacted my forum friend @vinay.k.21 that if he wanted too in which case I would order for him also. He suggested to wait since it will launch in India soon and it might be under Rs. 1000 all inclusive.

So today is the day when its launch in India at Rs. 1399 all inclusive. I was bit upset with the price and decided not to buy it.

Later I just thought why do i need a powerbank.

1. A 3000 Mah power phone can easily last 2 days (1 day in any case). I or anyone of us do return back to home daily. I can keep it on charging for next day use.
    2. It takes 2 days (excluding stop over) to reach from any point in the world to other point thru air. Might be longer not sure. But we have charging point in planes too plus we keep it switched off. So i dont need it here too.
    3. If i consider abt India. I can travel within India within 2 days max (by train), few hours if use AIR. So whether i need it here?

All the answers to this question was No. Than i realised that the product has limited availability hence i was tempted to buy this powerbank or anyother when actually I dont have any logical use of it.

Apologies for a long thread.

What you guys think of reason for buying any bank.

Edit : Added one poll option

Last edited: May 9, 2015

2. cabhay
    KitKat May 9, 2015

cabhay , May 9, 2015 :
    honestly... its not required.. i alreadt have a power bank of 2500mah which i some time (1 time till now) use while out of station

ramli7, Isharr and imTSS like this.
  3. manishv
    Honeycomb May 9, 2015

ramli7 likes this.
  4. imTSS
    KitKat May 9, 2015

imTSS , May 9, 2015 :
    For me I don't need it. True one can reach from kanyakumari to kashmir in 2 days but a charging point is still reqd. Sometimes ppl are out on the road for more than a day. (normal use it lasts 24 hrs on avg)

ramli7 likes this.
  5. advocateishantchopra
    Lollipop May 9, 2015

ramli7 likes this.
  6. Nurve
    KitKat May 9, 2015

Nurve , May 9, 2015 :
    What about if power socket is not next to your bed and you wanna charge as well as talk to your friwnd lazing on the bed. Sure its not a bad idea.. Trains have and planes haveand airports do too but for that you have to stand next to your phone, otherwise ut can be just in your pocket or handbag

7. rgs
    Jelly Bean May 9, 2015

rgs , May 9, 2015 :
    i have one nexus tablet and oneplis one and i feel to lazy to charge both of them.if i buy power bank i have to charge one more device. therefore i dont want one

Oneplus Fangirl and ramli7 like this.
  8. vinay.k.21
    Jelly Bean May 9, 2015

vinay.k.21 , May 9, 2015 :
    Rightly said mate... With 3000 mAh battery loaded up in our device we don't need it... I was actually tracking this product for my brother-in-law... He is an iPhone user... and makes regular business trips

ramli7 likes this.
  9. vinay.k.21
    Jelly Bean May 9, 2015

vinay.k.21 , May 9, 2015 :
    That's true... but 1400 looks overpriced

ramli7 likes this.
  10. sunitantony
    Gingerbread May 9, 2015

11. deepak288k
    Froyo May 9, 2015

deepak288k , May 9, 2015 :
    Nice Thread... I have the same thoughts... But if they reduce the price then it may be reasonable to purchase it...

vinay.k.21 likes this.
  12. HimangshuHazarika
    Gingerbread May 10, 2015

HimangshuHazarika , May 10, 2015 :
    You are absolutely right. Power bank is not needed by everyone. However, few people travelling very frequently would need one!!

13. abhinavrakesh
    Honeycomb May 10, 2015

abhinavrakesh , May 10, 2015 :
    It's either carry the OPO charger and Cable and if you have more devices then carry there charger also or Carry a powerbank and charge wherever you want whichever device you have, Powerbank gives you mobility and normal charger doesn't, How many a times you are sitting in a restaurant or be it any other place and you don't see a wall socket to charge. Leaving your phone connected to a wall socket also pose security issue. koi le ke bhaag gaya when you are not looking at phone ? ...

14. arun320
    Gingerbread May 10, 2015

arun320 , May 10, 2015 :
    Even I get the point you pose and even I feel power bank is not required. we can certainly live without it.

15. arulkumaran
    Gingerbread May 10, 2015

16. maelstromcfc
    Gingerbread May 10, 2015

17. venusjain
    Gingerbread May 10, 2015

venusjain , May 10, 2015 :
    I guess most people are forgetting that, we are hooked to the phones for a longer time and often a lot of people dont use their phone to avoid getting the juice drained, the power bank will just allow us to use our phone without thinking about the battery as we will always have juice in the bank.

Moreover, electrical sockets in trains/buses or charging phone in car are not reliable, so the power bank makes more sense as it is safer. And people who trek, for them this is the best companion.

Another thing is that, a lot of people leave their phones charging overnight, which is not safe because heating may persist and our phones take around 90 minutes to charge, on the otherhand the powerbank needs to be charged overnight.

18. tanmaysinghal98
    Donut May 10, 2015

19. Oneplus Fangirl
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 10, 2015

20. aman360elite
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 11, 2015

aman360elite , May 11, 2015 :
    Makes sense ,i thought the same thing before buying mine but i do a lot of bike trips nowadays and go to places where there isnt electricity all the time.
    But yeah not a necessity.