Honest Review of 8T via OnePlus 3T

1. niken_jain
    Donut Oct 27, 2020

niken_jain , via OnePlus 3T , Oct 27, 2020 :
    Anyone who's using 8T can you please give me an honest review of how the phone is?
    Is it worth spending on it?
    Or rather I should wait for a new model?
    Currently I am using OnePlus 5

SultanaDaaku and hojsimpson952 like this.
  2. Varunjain111
    Froyo Oct 27, 2020

niken_jain likes this.
  3. hojsimpson952
    Honeycomb Oct 27, 2020

hojsimpson952 , via OnePlus 8T , Oct 27, 2020 :
    Well.
    I am using it for a few days now, and I'll try to give you an honest look.

The question if this phone is worth it, depends solely on your personal use case and your usage behavior.

Let me get the Pros:
    120HZ Display is absolutely stunning.
    I am using the 12/256gb Model and that Snapdragon 865 with that much ram ist just brutally fast.
    Multiple Apps are no Problem and the phone and OS feel snappy all the time.
    Build Quality wise it has a high end feel glass Body.
    I personally like the non curved Screen, because I had a curved phone before and in one hand use that might cause misstaps etc.
    At least my Unit doesn't get too warm and the Battery felt reliable in daily use. I consume a lot of content on my mobile devices and the 8T handled it perfectly.
    And if your Battery might be dead, 40 mins plugged in you are at 100% again due to 65 watt charging.
    Connectivity is also gread at least with my Carrier, also having 5G in some Areas.

Cons:
    The Camera is decent I guess. I think it's not necessarily the Hardware, but the Software makes Questionable Desicions from Time to Time. Especially in Night mode Autfocos doesn't seem to work properly.
    How do I know it's not the Hardware you might ask?
    I shot some Pictures as Raw in Pro Mode and the Pictures turned out perfectly fine. So you might say it's not as potent in fire and forget Camera usage as other phones. The Likes of Huawei(my old phone) Got the Software Side of the Camera worked out more smoothly. said:

And their Camera App is much more Powerful.
    So yes for me the Camera feels like a non improvement over my old Device, but it's also not worse. If you are care about that a lot, this might not be the phone for you.
    No wireless charging. That's a nono for a lot of people. I Personally don't care. Never used it as wired fast charge always turned out to be faster.
    Oxygen OS 11 has some Software Hickups here and there. I didn't encounter anything deal breaking but in some instances it's noticeable. But that's also something that is fixable.

Considering you are Rocking a 5 Series atm this is surely a huge improvement.
    In the End you gotta ask yourself.
    "What do I want from a phone?"

Are you looking for a lightning fast Content Consumption Multitasking and productivity Monster. The 8T is your phone. If you ever wanted to feel like Palpatine having UNLIMITED POWAAA, you will be happy with 8T lol

Do you want a can do everything or a Photo Machine.
    Get something different. Even tho the Camera is still very good. But not as good as the likes of Huawei, Samsung or Apples current Flagships. But it can keep up with my Mate 20 Pro which is fine for me. Keep in Mind tho that other Phones at that Price point that can do everything might lack in the Performance Department.
    It fits my use case perfectly and that's why I really like it, even tho I hope for some Software Upgrades especially in the Camera Department and overall OOS 11 consistency.
    I hope this longer than expected Review will help you with your Desicion.
    Cheers mate.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020

4. swapnilshahh
    Gingerbread Oct 27, 2020

swapnilshahh , Oct 27, 2020 :
    Multitasking, speed and fast charging go for Oneplus 8t.
    Better camera, wireless charging, ip68, better software support then go for S20 FE.
    And if you like IOS then go for iphone 11 better in all aspect.
    In india all are in same price range, it all depends on you which is your priority.

niken_jain likes this.
  5. hojsimpson952
    Honeycomb Oct 27, 2020

The funny thing is that the Camera could still be extraordinary if the Software side of one Plus in that department would be better. I Mean the Main Sensor of Galaxy S20 FE is worse, but that Software is sooo good.

But OneUi is always a Deal breaker for me lol.
    I simply hate it.

niken_jain likes this.
  6. swapnilshahh
    Gingerbread Oct 27, 2020

swapnilshahh , Oct 27, 2020 :
    I can live with One UI and but cant with crapy exynos chip. otherwise FE would be the perfect phone.

Devamgala and niken_jain like this.
  7. hojsimpson952
    Honeycomb Oct 27, 2020

I don't get this either. Samsung also has Exynos chips in their Phones here in Germany. That's an instant dealbreaker.

Of course the average customer doesn't care, but enthusiasts will pass on these devices.

niken_jain and swapnilshahh like this.
  8. lukasp.
    Froyo Oct 27, 2020

lukasp. , via OnePlus 8T , Oct 27, 2020 :
    Well if you want the S20 FE you can still buy the 5G version, because that one has the Snapgragon in it, even here in Europe!
    So I upgraded from my OnePlus 5t to the 8t and the comments above me summed it up pretty nice

niken_jain likes this.
  9. hojsimpson952
    Honeycomb Oct 27, 2020

FE 5G Edition is more Expensive than the 12/256 GB 8T Version here in Germany. And it has only 6/128 GB at that Price.
    But yeah if you want a can do everything go for the FE.
    If you are in a need for Speed. Get the 8T :)

niken_jain likes this.
  10. swapnilshahh
    Gingerbread Oct 27, 2020

swapnilshahh , via OnePlus 5 , Oct 27, 2020 :
    Same here in india, exynos are crappy and a deal breaker.

You guys are lucky.. samsung didn't release any 5g version with Snapdragon in india. Otherwise it would be the best phone to buy.

niken_jain likes this.
  11. niken_jain , via OnePlus 5 Midnight Black , Oct 28, 2020 :
    Hey buddy,
    Thanks a lot for your detailed review. I am completely convinced with this phone and probably I am gonna buy OP 8T.
    Looking at it's features and your experience surely it will be worthy phone for like next 3 years.
    Hope to connect to you in future.
    Thanks!
    Cheers!

GuitarHero0179 and hojsimpson952 like this.
  12. niken_jain , via OnePlus 5 Midnight Black , Oct 28, 2020 :
    Anyways Exynos chipset is sucking. Just to adjust their cost of the phone they are using Exynos. If you look at OP they are continuously giving Snapdragon chipset in every model till date both in budgeted as well as Flagship.

swapnilshahh likes this.
  13. niken_jain , via OnePlus 5 Midnight Black , Oct 28, 2020 :
    What's the difference between OP 8Pro and 8T?
    I mean keeping aside the chipset and camera features.

14. Varunjain111
    Froyo Oct 28, 2020

Varunjain111 , via OnePlus 8T , Oct 28, 2020 :
    Definitely the edge display

15. F_Chethan_Veerabhadrappa , via OnePlus 8T , Oct 28, 2020 :
    What is your battery screen on time

hojsimpson952 likes this.

niken_jain likes this.
  17. hojsimpson952
    Honeycomb Oct 28, 2020

niken_jain likes this.

ParthShah28 and niken_jain like this.
  19. hojsimpson952
    Honeycomb Oct 28, 2020

hojsimpson952 , via OnePlus 8T , Oct 28, 2020 :
    OK that seems odd.
    Yesterday, I got 7 Hours with some YT, Camera and Messaging.
    That 12 hours I got have been only reading Articles online.
    To be fair, I activate reading mode when I read a lot to save Battery.

niken_jain likes this.
  20. F_Chethan_Veerabhadrappa , via OnePlus 8T , Oct 28, 2020 :
    I am not sure why my unit is giving less SOT even with less useage. just watching 14 mins prime video 7% battery is down. I will go to service center for better clarity.

niken_jain likes this.